Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AFK in Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I will never understand people who get out of their way to piss complete strangers.
    there is a way to not be pissed...but that sadly requires people mature to not take advantage of the unlucky team(cause on the next mini it would be their turn). sadly this is a seldom phenomenon.

mini game tie.just a few minutes wasted. if you dont want few minutes wasted you can arrange 1vs1 or 2vs2 in front of him with other people watching inside the mini map.

romantic i know but if that happened maybe just maybe this fycker would be bored to death.

from funcoms side i dont know if it is lots of work but one solution would be to actually see players names signing for a mini before that is full.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    there is a way to not be pissed...but that sadly requires people mature to not take advantage of the unlucky team(cause on the next mini it would be their turn). sadly this is a seldom phenomenon.

mini game tie.just a few minutes wasted. if you dont want few minutes wasted you can arrange 1vs1 or 2vs2 in front of him with other people watching inside the mini map.

romantic i know but if that happened maybe just maybe this fycker would be bored to death.

from funcoms side i dont know if it is lots of work but one solution would be to actually see players names signing for a mini before that is full.
    I agree to some extent but i believe this to be besides the point of mini-game. Mini-games are fast food content where you have little interaction needed. You get in, you fight, you get out. If i have the time and energy to organise something, i'll do it with people i know rather than with complete strangers who happen to be in the same mini and might not speak the same language, have the same goals, etc.

Usually when this thing is in a mini-game, if it's in your team, you'll have a couple players leave / go in hide and prefer a quick loss than a painful one... and the other team usually scores fast. But still 11 players bothered by one.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

No one from Funcom will do anything. Posting about it on the forums only gets you points scored for flaming/trolling for even trying to mention the name of the offending player, and an email from Anzu.

It's best to just deal with it, because trying to go through Funcom only gets you in trouble, or at best ignored.
    Last edited by Suctum; 13th June 2015 at 21:57.
    Doomsayer 2008

Edit by Anzu: Again, moderation is not to be discussed on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 13th June 2015 at 22:35.
    "Does it always smell like this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    If i have the time and energy to organise something, i'll do it with people i know rather than with complete strangers who happen to be in the same mini and might not speak the same language, have the same goals, etc....
    This time last year; there was a PvP tourney - [LINK HERE]

maybe we'll see someone with the balls to start another this summer.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

And if you look at the result of that event you'll notice each team only played between three and four mini-games. Maybe that will give you a hint on how tedious it is to organise such events. And maybe you'll notice that 5 mini-games within a 2 months time span is most likely a tiny portion of the mini-games people play.

It's harder to build than to destroy, and you certainly know something about it.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Yeah, letting all others adapt and have additional effort to ensure they can have fun as intended, just because a single person decides to behave like an idiot seems totally reasonable. Sounds almost like the NRA's reasoning after a killing spree in the US.
    It is totally clear and beyond any doubt that this guy is ruining others fun on purpose and unlike others of his kind he doesnt get bored of it, won't stop if you farm him or anything.

This isn't about you going afk for a bit because someone's at the door or whatever, also you and most others have the decency to say sorry afterwards or leave the game if whatever happened will cause you to be afk for more than a few minutes.
    Funcom should just extend/change the eula that his kind of behavior can be considered harassment of other players and can result in a ban for period x if reported and verified by a GM multiple times. Problem solved, time used to implement: 5 minutes.
    I remember times in Aoc where behaving like him resulted in a weekban if a pm has seen you behave like that, so where's the problem with keeping that up nowadays?
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 14th June 2015 at 09:16.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

It is totally clear and beyond any doubt that this guy is ruining others fun on purpose ....

Funcom should just extend/change the eula...
    Lemme' play Devils advocate here; you say that the subj player is ruining others fun. Well spewing PvP taunting in Global ruins my PvE fun. So why NOT screw with yours from time to time? Is there a more effective way? No. ... obviously.

As for changing the Eula; that would cost. Funcom prob doesn't want to spend the cash on legal fees, etc. You wouldn't want to revise that without a thorough review.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Bad comparison, thats not even nearly the same thing. Its more like you have a dungeon or raid group going and one of them keeps agroing enough trashmobs to wipe the whole party repeatedly, or the only healer keeps letting the tanks die for the sake of dps.

Imagine you couldn't kick the guy from the group to replace him with someone else, leaving you to choose either to try with him anyway and with lots of luck have a 10% chance to succeed or to leave the party and have a 50% chance to have him in your next party again. Thats a more precise comparison with pve and a better way to explain the problem he causes.

An come in dude, do you really believe that a guy like that would sue FC over their EULA so he can maintain his 'right' to be an asshat? Not bloody likely to succeed with that especially after he accepted it in order to be ableq to play.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Lemme' play Devils advocate here; you say that the subj player is ruining others fun. Well spewing PvP taunting in Global ruins my PvE fun. So why NOT screw with yours from time to time? Is there a more effective way? No. ... obviously.

As for changing the Eula; that would cost. Funcom prob doesn't want to spend the cash on legal fees, etc. You wouldn't want to revise that without a thorough review.

How does taunting on Global even compare to this exactly? You can decide to not read or block the trash talking person, you can do absolutely nothing about the player ruining the minigame for 11 or 23 other people (no matter what you do or don't do he has an impact on the mini game). Simple words vs actions, quite a world of a difference...

edit : Maelkjar beat me to it
    Last edited by kalston; 14th June 2015 at 12:31.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast