Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 100 millions to invest

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    When was that lol
    Oh I wasn't talking about Conan XD

I would track down some of the original people working on Age of Conan and start Age of Conan 2 http://i.imgur.com/BeBsppK.jpg

I would also spend some millions on people making Erling Ellingsen stay far away from any MMO site trying to hype the game
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

What would I do with it?

1) Add a player-based economy that is regional in scope. If a lot of "Mighty Hammers" are being sold in Khemi, the price goes down.

2) Make dropped items persistent for a set period of time, a la Ultima Online. If an item is dragged out of your inventory, it is dropped to the ground, not simply erased. Others could pick it up, if they arrive upon it before it disappears (because some wandering NPC/critter dragged it off).

3) Housing in the fashion of Ultima Online (hmm, a theme?). One buys a house plan, scouts out a suitable place and builds there. Then, it can be used to store items and owners could buy furnishings and decorations - perhaps the skins of monsters or animals defeated - within.

4) Have available NPC merchants for hire that can be set up to sell items collected on adventures. Players give them their unwanted items and go off on their next trip. When they return, they collect the earnings from items sold, with the Merchant NPC taking a small percentage as his salary. Maybe allow people to use all those static doors in Aquilonia as stores.

5) Allow followers similar to how NWN works. That way, a player who finds it inconvenient to team up with others can successfully execute a group quest - or dungeon. These followers would have their own AI like the undead minions a Necromancer can conjure up, but could also have individualized motivations and goals, like SWToR does.

6) Expand the character base to include a Resource Gathering class. For example, I had a lot of fun in Ultima Online as a miner, going off to collect ore and forging it into items I could sell.

7) Dispense with the entire PvP level thing and remove the Level 80 cap.

8) Rather than, as it seems, having a lot of the game require you to be 80th level before you can enjoy it, provide a mechanism so that anyone from level 1 on could get in on the fun.

9) Create a Criminal system, like - yup - Ultima Online. Every character would have a Reputation based upon answers given to NPCs in executing quests or from his acts. This reputation would range from positive to negative values. High Reputation might give you a discount on buying goods from vendors, low Reputation gets you attacked by guards when you enter a city. Some cities would be set up in reverse; low Reputation gets you discounts, high Reputation opens you up for attack.

10) Allow PvP on PvE server(s), if both parties agree. One could still attack another, but without permission, it would result in a substantial Reputation hit, giving you grief from other players and guards in towns.

11) Make a personal server version of the game, like Neverwinter Nights, allowing one to run a game on his own server with his friends using his own quests or the ones in the game. Essentially, a persistent world where one could be the ref and run his D&D-type game with his own gaming group. This personal version could be limited to, say, 32 players or something like that. But, a game where players could log in and out as necessary and adventure with other friends as they can.

I can probably come up with more, but this is a start...

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    What would I do with it?

1) Add a player-based economy that is regional in scope. If a lot of "Mighty Hammers" are being sold in Khemi, the price goes down.

2) Make dropped items persistent for a set period of time, a la Ultima Online. If an item is dragged out of your inventory, it is dropped to the ground, not simply erased. Others could pick it up, if they arrive upon it before it disappears (because some wandering NPC/critter dragged it off).

3) Housing in the fashion of Ultima Online (hmm, a theme?). One buys a house plan, scouts out a suitable place and builds there. Then, it can be used to store items and owners could buy furnishings and decorations - perhaps the skins of monsters or animals defeated - within.

4) Have available NPC merchants for hire that can be set up to sell items collected on adventures. Players give them their unwanted items and go off on their next trip. When they return, they collect the earnings from items sold, with the Merchant NPC taking a small percentage as his salary. Maybe allow people to use all those static doors in Aquilonia as stores.

5) Allow followers similar to how NWN works. That way, a player who finds it inconvenient to team up with others can successfully execute a group quest - or dungeon. These followers would have their own AI like the undead minions a Necromancer can conjure up, but could also have individualized motivations and goals, like SWToR does.

6) Expand the character base to include a Resource Gathering class. For example, I had a lot of fun in Ultima Online as a miner, going off to collect ore and forging it into items I could sell.

7) Dispense with the entire PvP level thing and remove the Level 80 cap.

8) Rather than, as it seems, having a lot of the game require you to be 80th level before you can enjoy it, provide a mechanism so that anyone from level 1 on could get in on the fun.

9) Create a Criminal system, like - yup - Ultima Online. Every character would have a Reputation based upon answers given to NPCs in executing quests or from his acts. This reputation would range from positive to negative values. High Reputation might give you a discount on buying goods from vendors, low Reputation gets you attacked by guards when you enter a city. Some cities would be set up in reverse; low Reputation gets you discounts, high Reputation opens you up for attack.

10) Allow PvP on PvE server(s), if both parties agree. One could still attack another, but without permission, it would result in a substantial Reputation hit, giving you grief from other players and guards in towns.

11) Make a personal server version of the game, like Neverwinter Nights, allowing one to run a game on his own server with his friends using his own quests or the ones in the game. Essentially, a persistent world where one could be the ref and run his D&D-type game with his own gaming group. This personal version could be limited to, say, 32 players or something like that. But, a game where players could log in and out as necessary and adventure with other friends as they can.

I can probably come up with more, but this is a start...
    So you want a game where people run around in zerg deathstar groups taking other peoples equipment with some sort of good/evil reputation system, and when you feel like it solo any instance with a group of your own bots? This sounds more like an app game than an actual MMO.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    ... redesign graphics ...
    What?!?

The graphics are one of the best parts of the game, if not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    So you want a game where people run around in zerg deathstar groups taking other peoples equipment with some sort of good/evil reputation system, and when you feel like it solo any instance with a group of your own bots? This sounds more like an app game than an actual MMO.
    What I want is something that will mimic an open-ended D&D-style campaign with a persistent environment. Your "zerg" groups would end up with reputations so low they'd be fodder for the rest of the players and would die, if they ever came close to a non-criminal haven city because the guards would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

UO has that sort of reputation system and it doesn't have "zerg" groups taking equipment. The community takes a dim view of it and polices itself very well. Or, it did when I last played in the 90s; I don't know about now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234