Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aoc is still a great game.

The only game which I found on equal with AoC (not in terms of combat or PvP) was EQOA. People laugh all the time when I say that, but every place you went there was something interesting going on that just exploring was fun, even at 60. Non-instanced, fluid world transitions, rotating weather cycles, there was nothing dull in the game except the tedious group grind forced to level up past 50. Finding weird places to bring a group to farm, or stealing other people's mobs, the game was genuinely fun, for a pve game.

The fact AoC is instanced makes all the world maps feels small, and another reason why I think contributed to the PvP servers failing because population was never consolidated because of it. AoC still has the best combat system. After trying WoW, SWTOR, GW2, and ESO, the PvP in all those games is basically trash compared to AoC. No collision, gear based combat, with gimmick style auto wins, casual MMO's have the worst PvP. That's what I always liked about AoC, at launch it made NO apologies for being a FFA PvP based game where you had to watch your back from day 1.

Most players have forgotten this or never knew it...
    Last edited by Suctum; 30th May 2015 at 06:15.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    The programmer that was working on the crafting revamp is no longer with FUNCOM.

That aspect will NOT see the light of day; it's beyond Cirith's capabilities ~ he's primarily a script writer for events.

Last update was nearly a year ago - [HERE]

Care to share your sources about your two first statements?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

I also just came back to AOC. I love it all all the reasons already mentioned including setting, music, lore, combat, etc. But I also enjoy how challenging the game is. REH's world was never meant to be easy and I like how the game stays true to that idea.

Eh, time is passing so quickly nowadays ;__; I'm one of them 2008 launch players, no longer active though. Since 2013 I'm logging in every couple weeks (or even months now...), just to listen to the beautiful soundtrack and wander aorund Conall's Valley. God, I still love this game, so many good memories, so many nights spent awaken. I wish I could come back just for a while and have some fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The only game which I found on equal with AoC (not in terms of combat or PvP) was EQOA. People laugh all the time when I say that, but every place you went there was something interesting going on that just exploring was fun, even at 60. Non-instanced, fluid world transitions, rotating weather cycles, there was nothing dull in the game except the tedious group grind forced to level up past 50. Finding weird places to bring a group to farm, or stealing other people's mobs, the game was genuinely fun, for a pve game.

The fact AoC is instanced makes all the world maps feels small, and another reason why I think contributed to the PvP servers failing because population was never consolidated because of it. AoC still has the best combat system. After trying WoW, SWTOR, GW2, and ESO, the PvP in all those games is basically trash compared to AoC. No collision, gear based combat, with gimmick style auto wins, casual MMO's have the worst PvP. That's what I always liked about AoC, at launch it made NO apologies for being a FFA PvP based game where you had to watch your back from day 1.

Most players have forgotten this or never knew it...

^^ This except the weird pve game you're talking about.

I would still play this but it really takes me a long time to make friends. In a game like AoC, I just liked to pvp, win or lose. For this I require population. I have toons on crom...what a complete waste of time. I don't want to raid. I want to stop you from doing a 6 man, or go to CE and have giant guild battles with alliances of guilds coming out to support one another. This was what I loved about this game.

That is all gone now. I know no one anymore. I log into wow now...and I wonder why I even bother playing any games now that aoc died.

Return to Fury and sign mingames=)
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234