Thread: White Sands Suggestion

Lightbulb White Sands Suggestion

It would be mighty cool, imo, to have WS as a dedicated lowbie ongoing pvp-fest zone. New players come and go (to crom?) because of ganking and huge learning curve of pvp--let's face it, more mentorship from pve vets. So, by having a zone dedicated to pvp quests and events for lowbies, the devs could encourage people to stick around by structuring the interactions and encouraging mentoring and small group slaughter.

I've been on all three servers and crom is not where it's at for pvp, imo. Personal admission: I don't care about minis, but I like open world hunting and duels, which is pvp server's strength. This WS zone suggestion might remedy population loss and encourage vets to come back and share their knowledge, which would be a boon to everyone.

Ok, this is my first post, so feel free to tell me that funcom sucks and this is a pipe dream or that I am a noob and to stfu and go back to crom and uninstall windows and stick it in my prison welcome center. But also consider the merit of the idea and maybe contribute an improvement?
    "Does it always smell like this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Killnan View Post
    It would be mighty cool, imo, to have WS as a dedicated lowbie ongoing pvp-fest zone. New players come and go (to crom?) because of ganking and huge learning curve of pvp--let's face it, more mentorship from pve vets. So, by having a zone dedicated to pvp quests and events for lowbies, the devs could encourage people to stick around by structuring the interactions and encouraging mentoring and small group slaughter.

I've been on all three servers and crom is not where it's at for pvp, imo. Personal admission: I don't care about minis, but I like open world hunting and duels, which is pvp server's strength. This WS zone suggestion might remedy population loss and encourage vets to come back and share their knowledge, which would be a boon to everyone.

Ok, this is my first post, so feel free to tell me that funcom sucks and this is a pipe dream or that I am a noob and to stfu and go back to crom and uninstall windows and stick it in my prison welcome center. But also consider the merit of the idea and maybe contribute an improvement?
    a max of lvl 19 cap for WS has always been the best thing for lowbie pvp. in 7 years this hasnt happened, so whatevs

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    a max of lvl 19 cap for WS has always been the best thing for lowbie pvp. in 7 years this hasnt happened, so whatevs
    This ^. Like I love how Funcoms solution to dealing with level 25 unkillable bear-shamans farming lowbies on white sands was to just remove PVP. Capping the level to 19-20 would have been the OBVIOUS better choice with no negatives.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    This ^. Like I love how Funcoms solution to dealing with level 25 unkillable bear-shamans farming lowbies on white sands was to just remove PVP. Capping the level to 19-20 would have been the OBVIOUS better choice with no negatives.
    Well now that we have achievements, capping a zone by level won't really fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Why not, what reason do you have to be in white sands past level 19? If your worried about achievements, they can cap the zone at 19 for "NORMAL" and make "EPIC" with a no level cap so you can go back and finish your achievements. Besides, they can put the festival in "EPIC" only for 20 and above and keep "Normal" for the lowbies. That way, you don't run off the new f2p players because they know they only have the same level to deal with.

I don't agree with the OP about dueling and hunting being a pvpers strength, that sounds more like a ganking style of player who enjoys easy kills. PvP is group based, working together as a team to outplay superior numbers, and about tactics. Open world has it's merits, but often time it's not your best against theirs. That's were we need premades back.
    Last edited by Suctum; 27th May 2015 at 08:19.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I don't agree with the OP about dueling and hunting being a pvpers strength, that sounds more like a ganking style of player who enjoys easy kills. PvP is group based, working together as a team to outplay superior numbers, and about tactics. Open world has it's merits, but often time it's not your best against theirs. That's were we need premades back.
    Fair disagreement about premades. But that is only one strength of pvp server, not the sole strength. I've fought 3 players all over my level in open world and done ok, but also been humbled by someone several levels below me. What I'm saying is that you gotta take the opportunities that present themselves when in the world. No reason to get suspiciously ad hominem: I wait till people are at 100% and I don't attack people mid-mob. In a world of duel-jumpers and guard-huggers, my style is pretty honorable, i.e. jumping beforehand, etc.

Be nice to have a feeder/proving ground for new players to learn before 80 minis is all I'm suggesting. Lots of vets grouse about **** pugs and noobs not knowing their role, let alone group play. This was a suggestion to alleviate some of those issues. Not a cri de coeur for ganking.
    "Does it always smell like this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    its kinda late for that kinda move anyway