Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MMORPG.com Interview with AoC Team Member regarding Anniversary

In working with the players they received six or seven proposals and eventually decided on Vanaheim as the focus of the story.
    This is what I'm most curious about. When did this happen?

I'm pretty amazed that in all that text, absolutely nothing was said, it was all just hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Was there something we magically missed?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Was there something we magically missed?
    Maybe they were working with the players who happened to also work for Funcom, so they got six or seven proposals from people around the office, and went from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Bad point:
    - It is... uhm... what do you call it when somebody thinks one thing and says another? The L-Word?

Love? I've been married wayyyy too long.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It happened right before unchained minis, and after the crafting revamp. Oh wait, none of those things Funcom said will happen has happened.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Unhappy

"Matthew explained that when running a game for seven years it really comes down to listening closely to your player base and working directly with them on feedback. They often open up the test servers to work with players on new items and incentives all the time."

uh ?? Really ?? Did i miss something here ??

"Matthew said that they plan to continue with more updates similar to Shadow of Vanaheim."

I m soo done with this ... Something is really wrong ... But i can t say what in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    "They often open up the test servers to work with players on new items and incentives all the time."

TL hasn't had anything new since September of last year. Its a ghostown (almost like the game)and theres zero interaction.

Rather sad how much false promotion there is.
    Not to mention that f2p players can NOT be part of any discussion on TL. And they were part of the main target group of this addon, since they had most to gain from it. And private reports from TL players are viewed maybe (if lucky) and rarely or never answered recently.

I guess it is with 95% accuracy like tapwater said.
    That TL is an exclusive club with no link or feedback to outside (e.g. more players could come and test, IF they knew there was something planned). To get involved there you need a tad of insider information in practice in addition to a couple of gigabyte available for the second client. And even if all this is not true, they were told years ago that relying on TL is usually not a good thing (because it is easily dominated and manipulated, far from being remotely representative for the player base etc.). It is good for patch reports, bug reports and insider discussion, but far from valid for player feedback that speaks for a larger number of players (e.g. useless for marketing!!!). This brought us the ranger revamp, overpowered AA, 3 years of comboskipping etc.. It is a lobby institution, not a way to do serious feedback anymore.

It is also not $20 for free players and subscribers. F2p pay more in general and it is currency dependand.
    He is right about the achievement system, but the rest (especially stable population due to the pvp bloodshed system????) is at least argueable. Imo it was just the rapid exploiting of said pvp quest system that bled out Fury. Have you looked at how much variety and many different (real!) players are doing the festival now????
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd May 2015 at 20:52.

This really smells like damage control.

A sub-par, overpriced content pack is released which infuriates a good portion if not the majority of dedicated players, and now - only NOW - does AoC get publicity in the form of a half-baked and presumptuous article on an MMO press site?

"Hey Matt, our farm animals didn't really like the new chow we bought for them, seems they can smell how reprecessed it is. Mind writing something to puff us up a bit? No yeah, just a lot of air and fluff please. Here, take some of the money they gave us when we sold this stuff to them."
    Last edited by Geirrekr; 23rd May 2015 at 10:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Geirrekr View Post
    This really smells like damage control.

A sub-par, overpriced content pack is released which infuriates a good portion if not the majority of dedicated players, and now - only NOW - does AoC get publicity in the form of a half-baked and presumptuous article on an MMO press site?

"Hey Matt, our farm animals didn't really like the new chow we bought for them, seems they can smell how reprecessed it is. Mind writing something to puff us up a bit? No yeah, just a lot of air and fluff please. Here, take some of the money they gave us when we sold this stuff to them."
    This could go either way. Either the anger fizzles out, or burns brightly enough that people like Boogie2988, and Rooster teeth report on it and end up bringing in more people. Bringing in more people in the same way car crashes on the freeway distract people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast