Thread: Question related to missing gear + expansion packs

Default Question related to missing gear + expansion packs

Two questions for me.

I played extensively at launch and in 2010 through the release of RotGS. I had two 80's on Set in the last block of time I played, who were at the time raiding fairly regularly and were in a mix of T2 and a little T3. When I logged back in last week to play again, I found my characters all stripped of gear and items. All their money and tokens remain, its just inventory and equipped gear that was gone. I did get auto transferred to Crom whenever Set was shut down, so I am unsure if this caused the problem? I had assumed I was just hacked, but if that was the case, why would all my gold still be there? Is this something a GM can revert, or do I just start over at T1?

Secondly, I see there is some new content out since 2010, with even more coming in the next weeks. These a listed as for sale in the in-game store. Is this the way to access new content now for everyone? Just purchase it from the in game store?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMG View Post
    Two questions for me.

I played extensively at launch and in 2010 through the release of RotGS. I had two 80's on Set in the last block of time I played, who were at the time raiding fairly regularly and were in a mix of T2 and a little T3. When I logged back in last week to play again, I found my characters all stripped of gear and items. All their money and tokens remain, its just inventory and equipped gear that was gone. I did get auto transferred to Crom whenever Set was shut down, so I am unsure if this caused the problem? I had assumed I was just hacked, but if that was the case, why would all my gold still be there? Is this something a GM can revert, or do I just start over at T1?

Secondly, I see there is some new content out since 2010, with even more coming in the next weeks. These a listed as for sale in the in-game store. Is this the way to access new content now for everyone? Just purchase it from the in game store?

Thanks!
    Back after? the last server merge, a couple years ago, Funcom tried to fix a bug that let you have multiple of the "Can only have one" items. In addition to attempting to fix the bug, they also wanted to remove all duplicates people had. Instead of doing that (their code was bugged), they removed all "Can only have one" items from everyone. This included inventory bags.

So people logged back in, and found inventories missing lots of items, and most of the inventory slots too. With the missing bag, it would also make most of your items, those in the other slots, seem like they are gone.

If I had to guess I would say this has a lot to do with your problem.

It doesn't sound like you were hacked since you still have gold. I'm not sure the above described problem is what you are experiencing either, since I thought T2/T3 gear doesn't have any of the "Can only have one" limitations.

Couldn't hurt to check though, petition a GM. Back after people lost their items, GMs were able to recover most of them. I'm not sure if they still have the logs to recover items now, but it is worth trying.

As for new content, some stuff was totally f2p, some is b2p, and some is Premium Sub only. If it is in the Item Store, you have to buy it to play it.

Here is the biggest things I can remember:

Khitai (everything beyond the wall) (included T4) - Buy to play, Premium Sub required
    Turan - buy to play, no sub required
    House of Crom - Premium sub
    Dragon Spine - Premium sub
    T5 - Premium sub
    Vanaheim - Buy to play (I think no sub required)

Thanks! I will put in the petition tonight, and pick up the needed expansions from the store.

Thanks! I will put in the petition tonight, and pick up the needed expansions from the store.
    Friendly suggestion, if you can't get your T2-T3 gear back, you could get some cheap level 80 blue gear off the auction house, and go straight to Khitai. Maybe play a bit solo to relearn how to play before going into 6 man's. The Epic gear you can get there is mostly better than T3, and it just requires time + some 6 man's.

Thats helpful, thanks! I have been playing low level alts this last week mostly to get back into the combo system rhythm, but was hoping to be doing some raids on my HoX / BS before too long. I'll see if this Khiati gear can help speed up the process!

Two questions for me.

Did you have quest items, resource items, claim items and items in bank?

If you lose all of this, you just encounter some weird problems during transfer/server merge (items lost)

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Did you have quest items, resource items, claim items and items in bank?

If you lose all of this, you just encounter some weird problems during transfer/server merge (items lost)
    I don't remember hearing about people losing tons of items of all types just because of the server merges, did this happen often?