Thread: Elixirs - Why not account-bound?!!

Question Elixirs - Why not account-bound?!!

Elixirs and Greater Elixirs . One can obtain them from rare's exchanger npc (like the one in shaulun) , from Destiny quest lootboxes , from certain dungeons' lootboxes , from Armory NPC (u can only buy small ones there) ..AND from MINIGAMES' lootboxes. (there's an extra option ,to get them for FC points aswell for a reasonable price )

Many of us use them , from end-game raiding to competitive PvP . It's the extra push that can determine a lot in many fights .

These BUFFS are bound on aquire , and they're also bound on Character , which feels just fine IF you are buying them with your own resources , BUT , when you drop them there's a pretty big chance you'll get something that has no use for your character . Combat rating on PoM ? Magic DmG on Conq ? You just drop them , you're glad youre about to boost your character a little bit , but then you notice that this bonus you just got is no good for your char , but could perfectly fit another char of yours.

My question is : Since these items have the same actual value (in euros/dollars/moas/bori-tokens/rares) why aren't they a bit more flexible in terms of use?

There are some solutions to this issue:

a] Introduce a NPC that exchanges these elixirs for ones of same value and desireable type (which is the way most games treat such boosting items )
    b] Make them account bound so every player can share them b2n his own toons , depending on what stat each toon benefits from
    c] Once you drop an Elixir or Greater Elixir , you open your inventory and click the potion for use then a pop-up window appears giving you the right to decide the actuall stat Combat Rating or Magic Damage / Evade or Immunity / Hit rating or Critical .

-------------------------
    A side-wish : Add Greater Elixirs at armory , purchased with Campaing Badges , this way capped characters can make good use of their badges , since they no longer care about AA and items gain

Please discuss , add your own observations and experiences
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

The randomness of this is annoying me too.

I went and bought some WB epic caches for some of my characters. Out of 30 epic boxes, on 4 characters, there was only T3 simple relics and urns. On my Demo, I got a rare relic that brought that character to have 7 rare t3 relics, without anything to use them on... And also a magic damage ring, which was kinda obsolete due to my Demo being fully T4 equpped. And a pet dropped too, which I actually don't have that much interest in for starters.

With the caches costing 2G 50S each, × 30 boxes bought = 75G almost completely wasted.

And don't get me started on those caches for Unchained quests.

Please, pretty please go back to the model of set number of tokens for a particular set of gear. If a player wants the protection ring, he can save up for that by taking the WB down each month and getting a portent relic. When Dragon Spine was introduced, they also added that item merchant that sold belts and shoulders for rare trophies. I really, really can't see the trouble of using the same model for Unchained and World Boss items.

The randomness of the elixir is a good thing, in my opinion. If I want to buy something specific, I go to Khitai or the Item Shop.
    The solution to the other problem is the removal of world bosses and their relics, as the content is utterly broken and irrelevant.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The solution to the other problem is the removal of world bosses and their relics, as the content is utterly broken and irrelevant.
    You sure seem to love the idea of removing some of the most popular content this game has. If there was anything that could entirely "kill" the game, that would probably be it.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    You sure seem to love the idea of removing some of the most popular content this game has. If there was anything that could entirely "kill" the game, that would probably be it.
    His post history is one of calling for increased grind, content walls, needless complexity and reduced progression options for every aspect of the game. While I can appreciate some people enjoy the concept of the Korean grinder and original UO and Everquest degrees of frustrating, punishing gameplay, I think it's the MMO equivalent of talking about the good old days of walking 50 miles through snow uphill both ways and being thankful for it.
    I don't make points I make dents.