Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont let Fury die

Cool Dont let Fury die

Do we really want another server down. Leaving AoC with pretty much only Crom server. The reason PvP server doesnt work is because the open world PvP is simply interfering with the PvE stuff. You could make some changes and only allow PvP on certain areas. I believe that is better than to shut down server. Maybe have a longer Shield of Risen from PvP attacks. My main idea to salvage Fury from shut down is to add Exlusive PvP stuff/events to Fury server. Like a new PvP armor set. Things that will not appear on Crom. The PvP event on Crom during third week of the month should also be exlusive to Fury, and changed to a more permanent state here. Also adding PvP quests linked to the different factions. Kill 5 other players to gain reputation. You name it.

When I log on Fury nowadays i never even bother doing PvE stuff. I sign minis and thats it. Eveytime i check on my lonely chars I hope the population has increased, but sadly you let the server die while you watch.

If no one else but me believes in salvaging this server, then its better to end the suffering and shut it down now.

Lets rescue Fury!

Bring ideas, and staff at Funcom, take notice, it is actually your responsibility in the end.

this was deiscussed before and there a lot of arguments why this is a real stupid idea and neither wont help fury nor the whole game.

ah well and yes, why do you even need a whole server when doing just minis? Minis you can do on crom too. what are you gonna do on a map when there is absolutely no pve anywhere? running around and then? occasinlly pvp when you are lucky and meat someone? In the end ppl will gather at the same spots on the same map and everything else will be dead. and that doesnt justify a whole server.

and ppl on crom doing pvp and pve will jsut leave the game if they cant do both as they did the last 7 years and wont go to fury especially not when you have to pay money for it. you cant save fury. ppl did kill the server like they did before. Because some ppl behave like complete idiots if they dont have rules and this pisses off others and even themselfs after a while but they will blame others, funcom, the easter bunny etc. instead to realize their own behaviour is the most important reason why pvp servers in aoc dont last. Rage is the ultimate proof.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 17th May 2015 at 11:51.

The whole concept of separated rule set servers is outdated and counterproductive. There should be one server with options for everyone to do as many different things as possible. There are plenty of players who actually enjoy both PvP and PvE and we all play the same game after all, so why would you be limited in any way whether you want to just simply do PvE questing, or participate in an open world PvP events for example. The more the merrier, let people do whatever they feel like at any time but make benefits in form of different rewards that would make incentives for players to chose why they would do x over Y and vice versa.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    My main idea to salvage Fury from shut down is to add Exlusive PvP stuff/events to Fury server. Like a new PvP armor set. Things that will not appear on Crom. The PvP event on Crom during third week of the month should also be exlusive to Fury, and changed to a more permanent state here. Also adding PvP quests linked to the different factions. Kill 5 other players to gain reputation. You name it.
    That's what was tried with the PvP daily events (that are only available on Fury) and look how that turned out. Funcom lost players on Crom since they didn't have access to all the content they wanted and payed for, and to add insult to injury they also ended up losing those last players on Fury they tried to keep there too.
    Seriously, I really don't get why people insist on splitting population and restrict access to certain content from any player and thereby ending up getting less value for their submoney. Must be one of the most illogical things ever: gain more players by taking away content from others and/or giving them the feeling they don't get everything they pay for.

Merge everything, give more choices so everyone can do everything they want, with anyone they want and thus maximize the value your customers get for the money they pay and hope it attracts more people.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 17th May 2015 at 13:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Do we really want another server down. Leaving AoC with pretty much only Crom server. The reason PvP server doesnt work is because the open world PvP is simply interfering with the PvE stuff. You could make some changes and only allow PvP on certain areas. I believe that is better than to shut down server. Maybe have a longer Shield of Risen from PvP attacks. My main idea to salvage Fury from shut down is to add Exlusive PvP stuff/events to Fury server. Like a new PvP armor set. Things that will not appear on Crom. The PvP event on Crom during third week of the month should also be exlusive to Fury, and changed to a more permanent state here. Also adding PvP quests linked to the different factions. Kill 5 other players to gain reputation. You name it.

When I log on Fury nowadays i never even bother doing PvE stuff. I sign minis and thats it. Eveytime i check on my lonely chars I hope the population has increased, but sadly you let the server die while you watch.

If no one else but me believes in salvaging this server, then its better to end the suffering and shut it down now.

Lets rescue Fury!

Bring ideas, and staff at Funcom, take notice, it is actually your responsibility in the end.

world pvp / gank was reason pvp was popular in this game in first place and because of combat system. World pvp works perfectly only thing it lacks is players and guards need to be removed, pvp died at 2010 because of funcom
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    world pvp / gank was reason pvp was popular in this game in first place and because of combat system. World pvp works perfectly only thing it lacks is players and guards need to be removed, pvp died at 2010 because of funcom
    There are no guards on Rage. Works perfectly as everyone can see. So are you sarcastic or do you honestly think that?

Solution: Make Fury PvE server.

Many players know what Fury die sooner or later, and sure what Fury died faster when Crom. So they move their characters and guilds to Crom. And how Fury player react on such move? "Why don't need that russians in first place, Fury became better and healthy server after they leave! We have more raids, sieges and other mass actions when russian guilds!". Even when players try comeback, Fury players don't want to see them. Not they get what they deserve - 2nd Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    There are no guards on Rage. Works perfectly as everyone can see. So are you sarcastic or do you honestly think that?
    Guards do kill pvp . The blood and glory servers failed because if the way they operated. There was no real advantage for veterans to migrate there and start the grind all over. The whole losing gold on death was a turn off for many plus the 1 toon limitation. If they had just removed guards from the pvp servers it would have worked well. Too many mistakes were made by srillion and his team. On fury right now world pvp happens in the daily pvp zone and as soon as the zone changes the guards begin killing players again effectively ending pvp. So yes he is right. Guards killed pvp. The daily zones offer some freedom but sadly it isn't enough and it's a pis poor setup.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

I always thought it would be a neat idea to have "Khitai Faction Sieges" Where it would be people signing for the factions that they're rank 4 with and fighting against other players, and mobs whom belong to the opposing faction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast