Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Minigames

Default [Suggestion] Minigames

I would like to suggest that Funcom performs an experiment of sorts. It is very simple really. Just for a period of one month disable the random queue system for mini games and allow groups to queue together and see how it goes verses how it is now. Not groups of 2 or 3. Groups upto 6, then advertise this in email to all accounts so people are aware and see if there is any influx of players. Then after the 30 days put the queue back and host a survey for us to fill out to see what the general consensus is. And go from there. And then we will know If the playerbase ultimately would rather keep the queue "random" or the way it was at launch.

It can't hurt to try.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    I would like to suggest that Funcom performs an experiment of sorts. It is very simple really. Just for a period of one month disable the random queue system for mini games and allow groups to queue together and see how it goes verses how it is now. Not groups of 2 or 3. Groups upto 6, then advertise this in email to all accounts so people are aware and see if there is any influx of players. Then after the 30 days put the queue back and host a survey for us to fill out to see what the general consensus is. And go from there. And then we will know If the playerbase ultimately would rather keep the queue "random" or the way it was at launch.

It can't hurt to try.

Or they could just revert the tournament mode back to the old mini mode and see how many teams/half teams/solo players sign up as opposed to normal minis as they are now...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Or they could just revert the tournament mode back to the old mini mode and see how many teams/half teams/solo players sign up as opposed to normal minis as they are now...
    there isn't enough active players to support your idea. The queue would just be divided and no minis would pop as opposed to the one at a time we get now.

+1 what suctum said ...

tournament mode is less than previous mini sing up was, and i think its now solely used for exploiting pvp mini games streak

so leave random as it is now - and maybe change tournament mode to what any kind of sign up was like before - means 1, 2+ and so on for one team
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    +1 what suctum said ...

tournament mode is less than previous mini sing up was, and i think its now solely used for exploiting pvp mini games streak

so leave random as it is now - and maybe change tournament mode to what any kind of sign up was like before - means 1, 2+ and so on for one team
    oi, you aren't getting it this is an experiment. tournament mode requires 12 ready and active players and if one crashes he can not rejoin. I want the pug queue set back to what it was at launch. I want to see how people respond to it. Just for informational purposes to see where the community as a whole stands. this has nothing to do with tournament mode. dividing the queue will solve nothing.

I have talked to Joel Bylos a while ago about it and and it not an on/off switch. Team Craig Morrison made some major "ka-ka" in the game code.
    Retired

well imo its not that bad as it is now, as i see many games at it competetive factor got matchmaking totally randomized - i.e. dota2, infinitie crisis etc, ofc you got sometimes like in dota 2 so called team mmr - means you put together whole team for it (aka tournament mode in here), but most popular and most played mode is only single player sign up - so i can certainly understand why it is like that in AoC nowadays, ofc you can hit up to be with team with total noobs etc, and at it its total randomness, also i see its not totally correct - since i saw many times when teams where made up from lets say pvp lvls 1-5 with one 5+ and other team had 3-4 pvp lvl 10s - so thats certainly a thing to work about - so it would look like at least that team could possibly got simillar power level - sorted out by pvp levels, imo it should be done long time ago at the time where FC balanced segregation of classes in mini games - where for example it couldnt be no more than one team gets 3 heals and other none

my idea from long time ago was to just add 3rd type of que - just the one that was like pre all changes - sing with a friend, as whole team or single etc - imo it shouldnt be too much of a task, or even totally delete tournament mode and replace it with what it was like before - since it will still be possible to join as whole team vs another 6man team - there is some possibilities - and i strongly recommend to take a look on it for FC - cos as i recall it was vauge and often spoken about matter by many across such a long time span, so its even case of gaining some subscriptions back - ofc some important directing this cart ppl have to realize this - and not just ignore almost everything that playerbase demand or would want ...
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I have talked to Joel Bylos a while ago about it and and it not an on/off switch. Team Craig Morrison made some major "ka-ka" in the game code.
    I was afraid of this.. *sigh*

I suppose we must resign ourselves to this dismal fate

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    I was afraid of this.. *sigh*

I suppose we must resign ourselves to this dismal fate
    If they just changed the tournament queue to the regular launch queue you would know right away if people would play it or not. Either they would use it or remain in pug minis by choice, and we all know the majority would choose pug minis over group sign ups, which is sad. Funcom will not "force people" into group sign ups though, someone even suggested that it's coded to be impossible.
    Doomsayer 2008

i'd rather see grouping algorithms improved upon. i really don't buy into the theory that removing premades is what killed pvp in aoc because they were removed in 2011 long after 97% of aoc players quit. i'd say bugs and lack of content is what did it in.

player pop is too small to go back to old queue as there would be no way to avoid a premade farming group. the argument that other players will group up and try to counter a premade is completely false. people will stop signing.

but as suctum said, premades aren't coming back so it's really a pointless debate.
    Last edited by krippa; 28th May 2015 at 15:19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast