Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class-based Quests

Default Class-based Quests

I was thinking, it'd be nice to have quests based on a character's class.

For example, I have a Khitain Assassin and it seems odd for her to get quests that involve, say hunting in the Wildlands.

Rather, it would seem that her profession would mean that she'd probably be more around urban areas taking jobs from individuals to assassinate others.

And, if there were an in-game Assassin's Guild that one could join and rise up through the ranks, that'd be a lot of fun, too.

Or, even, if some players could hire an assassin to take out another player. Now, that would be some PvP I could enjoy; something that has meaning and not just arbitrary combat for no reason that makes sense in the Conan environment. It might be fun to track down another player to fulfill a contract.

there is in-game assassin guild called Brittle Blade (faction in Khitai). Most of BB quests are about contracts and assassination.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    there is in-game assassin guild called Brittle Blade (faction in Khitai). Most of BB quests are about contracts and assassination.
    Well, nifty. How do I find them? Or, is that too noob a question to even ask?

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    I was thinking, it'd be nice to have quests based on a character's class.

For example, I have a Khitain Assassin and it seems odd for her to get quests that involve, say hunting in the Wildlands.

Rather, it would seem that her profession would mean that she'd probably be more around urban areas taking jobs from individuals to assassinate others.

And, if there were an in-game Assassin's Guild that one could join and rise up through the ranks, that'd be a lot of fun, too.

Or, even, if some players could hire an assassin to take out another player. Now, that would be some PvP I could enjoy; something that has meaning and not just arbitrary combat for no reason that makes sense in the Conan environment. It might be fun to track down another player to fulfill a contract.
    There's also a pvp event quest that makes you kill specific players by name. Really, maybe you should spend more time in game and less on the forums?

I think a lot of your problems and causes of misinformation could be fixed by playing the game until you have one toon at Lvl 80, and then heading into the real game.
    You stated here that you don't have (yet) a 80 toon and don't like group content:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...t=#post2126268

Here you said you have RotGS:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2126453
    But it seems you got the F2P-part wrong there, because you claimed to have access to Khitai even when your sub ran out. Well, putting all of this and the fact that you don't know about the Brittle Blades together i come to the conclusion, that you have never actually been to Khitai. Because "Khitai" is not Gateway to Khitai (that is f2p, if you have RotGS doesn't matter), there are four giant maps behind the great wall, each containing not only a solid faction system, but dozens of dungeons, too. They are all lvl 80 playfields, and that is the place where you will need most of the fancy aa-stuff.
    Once you hit Lvl 80 Conan will ask you to travel to Khitai (the real one), and he will send you to a npc who will explain everything about the factions, and then send you to meet all, well, most of them and choose who you will side with.

No offense, but for a player who seems to be very much interested in the game like you are, but at the same time lacks so much information about it, a helpfull guild would be a great thing. Guilds are not only about grouping, but about information. The newcommers section in this forum is full of it, too, but you have to use it, of course.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...Need-some-help

To give you an idea how much you have been missing take a look at this map with all playfields and dungeons. You can see how to go there without ports:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87...5XVTIzZEk/view
    The whole left side is Khitai. For that you need a sub and RotGS, and they are lvl 80 playfields.

Well, it would appear that I am operating under a misconception. I guess what is the Gateway to Khitai, I thought was Khitai, itself.

The reason I have more time for the forums and not so much the game is because I can get on the forum at work while a report is running. I only have a limited time at home to actually play.

That is also the reason why I haven't been big on groups. I don't want to be in a position where my character is involved in some quest, only to find that I have to go. Given what I understand as group play, it is very objective-focused, not just casual adventuring in the world.

If the game is still around when I retire in six or seven years, I'll have more time for it - or, if I win the lottery, in which case not only will I have time to play, but I can also give FunCom a wad of money to fix some bugs and keep the game alive.

I've been wondering about factions, because I've never seen a hint of one, but, now that you've explained it is a level 80 thing, that explains why. I thought it was something everyone could join, regardless of level.

Thumbs up

Getting into a guild simply makes more of the game accessible. Be it small guilds who just have a few scheduled events a month or massive ones with stuffed calendars and signups, the point is that it gets your mind into the game more and gets you around people who support you.

To me, there's a big moral support element of just having friendly faces to shoot the breeze with that's also rather nice. So I definitely suggest you look into it.

Good luck in the game and be sure to use the great resources many have listed here. This is still one of the most unique mmos and I think worth exploring deeply.

I've been wondering about factions, because I've never seen a hint of one, but, now that you've explained it is a level 80 thing, that explains why. I thought it was something everyone could join, regardless of level.
    No it's a level 80 thing that is part of the expansion pack RotGS. It's explained by your contact (it's part a the main questline, you can't miss it) who is located right after the Gate of Khitai, when you enter the Northern Grassland.

While the faction are not class-restricted per se (a necro could -and would- do quest for the Brittle Blade Assassin Faction for instance), it's well, written like that. They will give you assassin-type quest with assassination objective, assassin-type plot and kind of stealth-based advice. Same goes for the other factions : The Last Legion faction will give you quest in theme with soldiers' duty (defending a town, that kind of stuff), Yag Kosha priest faction will ask you to heal people, and so on.

Only class-restricted quest that I'm aware of are in fact archetype-restricted quest and it's during the Tortage Night Destiny questline. Priest won't have the same quest as soldier, Rogue won't have the same quest as Mage and so on.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Is that the "invitation" that you get in claims, but says that you must be 80th level to use it?

Is that the "invitation" that you get in claims, but says that you must be 80th level to use it?
    Partially yes. You actually will get the quest by talking to King Conan at 80, he will tell you that someone (from khitai) attempted to assassinate him, and ask you to see what's up with some of his spies there. Astreas being the first man to contact. It's the "normal" cay to get the quest

However, there's also the "invitation", which is there like a emergecy way to get the quest if you don't want to speak to conan or if for some reason you can't get the quest (deleted, whatever). I never used it since I always get it by speaking to Conan.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast