Thread: Any idea what FC were working on?

Default Any idea what FC were working on?

Given the latest doom & gloom posts on these forums, I figured I'd stalk our senior designer on his LinkedIn page.

His list of projects includes (interesting one highlighted in bold):
    Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor
    I have worked on the following AAA titles:
    Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer (2009-2010, Technical Designer)
    Age of Conan: Unchained (2010-2013, Technical Designer and Senior Technical Designer).
    Age of Conan: The Savage coast of Turan (2012, Senior Technical Designer)
    The Secret World (2012, Senior Technical Designer)
    New Startup Project (2012 - 2013, Senior Game Designer)
    Also, his experience includes the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor
    * System and high level game design for PvP centered persistent massive multiplayer title. Including campaign structure, progression and reward systems and conflict mechanics.
    * Technical prototyping of squad based combat and base building.
    That doesn't sound like LEGO. And Bloodline Champions was only published by FC, but developed by a studio in Sweden.

I'm obviously not expecting an official answer to this, but does anyone have a clue what they may have been working on?

EDIT: Must have been Fashion World Live I guess
    Last edited by Rathothis; 28th April 2015 at 16:43.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Most probably Dragon Spine.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

• Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Some smaller projects. Maybe even smaller than Lego now that it failed. Or so i heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Arent they currently working on porting the Lego game to ios?

The guy is asking for what they started with 3 years ago. "New Startup Project (2012 - 2013, Senior Game Designer)". It cant be Lego because it didnt fail back then as it hadnt released. And it cant be porting Lego to ios because Lego wasnt done back then either. They started dragon spine in 2012 though after turan.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    The guy is asking for what they started with 3 years ago. "New Startup Project (2012 - 2013, Senior Game Designer)". It cant be Lego because it didnt fail back then as it hadnt released. And it cant be porting Lego to ios because Lego wasnt done back then either. They started dragon spine in 2012 though after turan.
    Yeah but why would Cirith mention all AoC iterations he worked on (RotGS, Unchained, Turan) by name, yet refer to Dragon Spine as "New Startup Project". Also, DS doesn't fit with "PvP centered massive multiplayer title" with "squad based combat and base building".
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

New content production is at a stand-still, I hope subscribers are starting to realize they are paying for hopes and dreams now
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    New content production is at a stand-still, I hope subscribers are starting to realize they are paying for hopes and dreams now
    You mean, we are no longer paying for TSW?

But as I said above, I don't think the project he was working on was related to AoC in the first place. Just wondering what it may have been.
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq