Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury pvp fun

when a player on my team goes afk I just lead the enemy right to them. you cannot ask GM's to interfere in PvP they will not do it. the PvP server ruleset allows for PvP in any way shape or form, its player driven l.

Gms will not interfere that means that players can go afk or do whatever they please it is not in violation of the Terms of Service therefore they are not in violation of the rules. it's just the way it's always been so it's up to us to punish these players however we see fit that is all. that is why no action was taken.

you can cry all you want it won't change anything. just ignore these players because they're trolling you and then doing a damn good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    when a player on my team goes afk I just lead the enemy right to them. you cannot ask GM's to interfere in PvP they will not do it. the PvP server ruleset allows for PvP in any way shape or form, its player driven l.

Gms will not interfere that means that players can go afk or do whatever they please it is not in violation of the Terms of Service therefore they are not in violation of the rules. it's just the way it's always been so it's up to us to punish these players however we see fit that is all. that is why no action was taken.

you can cry all you want it won't change anything. just ignore these players because they're trolling you and then doing a damn good job of it.
    The rules of conduct are not implicit, and leave room for interpretation.

http://www.funcom.com/corporate/rules_of_conduct

You can say that players have the right to behave as they wish because there are not any rules against it, I can say the opposite just for the same reason. My point is, in PvE, players can police their own groups and have the power to do so. In minis, unless it is tournament mode, players do not have that power. Their choice is only to now play with someone not playing the playfield as intended, or leave and not continue with that content.

We all know these kinds of players are tolling and mostignore them. However, when it goes on for hours and days at a time, by a single player, that is a special situation which merits additional consideration outside the very broad rules that may or may not exist.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The rules of conduct are not implicit, and leave room for interpretation.

http://www.funcom.com/corporate/rules_of_conduct

You can say that players have the right to behave as they wish because there are not any rules against it, I can say the opposite just for the same reason. My point is, in PvE, players can police their own groups and have the power to do so. In minis, unless it is tournament mode, players do not have that power. Their choice is only to now play with someone not playing the playfield as intended, or leave and not continue with that content.

We all know these kinds of players are tolling and mostignore them. However, when it goes on for hours and days at a time, by a single player, that is a special situation which merits additional consideration outside the very broad rules that may or may not exist.
    Again, this has to be a change in the game system or rules of conduct (better defined). With them as it is, any gm interference is bound to be subjective...even when they try to be objective. To find out the intention you are right, but as in the past gms have been quite subjective when it comes to who is "playing as intended" and who is not. And for any misbehaving there i find banning a bit too much personally. Just imagine them starting to ban all the cheaters and manipulators and big guild members who abuse their power as well...the servers would be empty.

More applicable would be the said system or ruleset change in combination with a better attitude from the 11 other players as well. Trolling is sometimes a two way road and there is a risk that "player regulated" conduct will become mobbing (as with votekicks).

This said i am actually wondering how that player (i think i know who you mean) can actually ruin the mini on his own in pugs. He can influence the balance or taunt people into farming him...but then again, this could be a "pvp" tactic to bind enemy forces as well (which would not work if server has him on ignore). And banning people for not behaving as the majority of players would like is always very risky and more likely wrong and harmfull than not (e.g. for every troll deserving the punishment, it will hit at least 2 others who do not deserve it).

Keep advocating a better system and keep bothering them about pvp arenas and premade tournaments (or at least a working tournament queue) is imo more likely to improve your game experience than relying on gms (or followers).

I'm sure everyone would kick bad geared players right away.
    Boyscout bearshaman

The rules of conduct prohibit harassing other players. The social guidelines prohibit exploit discussions. Even if conduct (such as AFKing in minigames) may in certain circumstances qualify as harassment, it certainly does not constitute an exploit. This may or may not mean something for this forum, depending on whether quoting the content of the social guidelines amounts to questioning moderation
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Again, this has to be a change in the game system or rules of conduct (better defined)...
    Again, we are not talking about the majority of the population. This is a single case against a single player who's intention is to lose the mini and harass other players. He does not fight, he often time does not even leave the spawn area. This player has done this now for close to a year, or longer. Your trying to use the topic to promote your own agenda for arena's and other content. That has nothing to do with the OP.

It's simply making the case against someone who is obviously harassing other players intentionally within the system, and it has been going on for so long that it is now a special case which merits someone at Funcom to inspect the Player Conduct Rules and resolve the issue against this one player. The fact he purposely trolls the forums (yes, he purposely posts defending his actions may fall under flaming since we all know the reaction it produces) is yet more evidence that his intention is solely to harass other players. The hundreds of SS and youtube vid's easily show's what his intentions are.

If as a player, I was to act this way in a Group PvE setting, I would be kicked. There are systems in place for this. You can kick the player from raid or group, everyone could leave and reform if that said player was the leader. You can petition and may get items removed or moved from someone's inventory if you make a good enough case against someone who abused the loot system.

These options are not available in minis, players do not have a way to police each other, which for obvious reasons cannot be allowed. However, since that it the case, in special circumstances like this it is Funcom's responsibility to look at this as an individual "special" case. The length of time it has gone on and the countless people it affects merits special attention, and if warranted, action.

If this player was just playing badly, no one would complain about it to Funcom. That's not the case at all.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Still, IF it is just one player, the way to deal with is obvious:
    - do not allow him to troll or lure you (e.g. killwhore resspadcamping or keyboard wars in group/raidchat). Use ignore, if you do not need copy/paste for petition. If you see him farmed by always the same players, include them in a petition (a few games are not enough evidence there though, a few minis over a few different days are more likely)
    - One player in a pug mini under current condition can simply not affect the game outcome in a way that it would count as "ruining" imo. This is even true for 6 ppl minis. Balancing, latency and power gap is too messed up atm, so chances are (unless my suspicion below is true) that the other team has someone undergeared, crashing or afkish too.
    - if he harasses, keep petitioning (maybe AFTER the mini)

My suspicion is though, that it is not one player, but a group or an alt (especially when he keeps showing up in 6ppl minis). Which again should leave more options open to deal with him. I keep referring to system changes, because in a different system he could affect game outcome even less. It can also be seen as a symptom and the thread title is mentioning a more global problem too
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th April 2015 at 16:22.

tried to refrain from posting in this topic , but im weak

personnally ive actually wasted allot of time talking, about that certein indifidual 'X', "with" different gm's and thusfar it has lead to the conclusion there are 3 kinds of gm's.
    gm#1: o another petition about X, yes yes ofcourse we will take appropriate measures. cya!
    gm#2: ill just stop responding to this guy and log off. (i've always been decent)
    gm#3: the gm who cant be convinced.

number 1 and 2 do speak for themselfs, so lets focus on #3. I discussed the actions of X, the intention and the concequence of his behaviour. the gms first argument was that he is just a disliked player. i tried to swing the argument as harrashment and as afk and more, although this "discussion" kept going over an hour. at the end the gm's argument still was: he is just an unpopular player. atleast the gm took his time for me, although he didnt realy want to discuss for longer than 10 minutes(noticing by his reactions). it seems to me quite futille to ask a gm for help if pvp it is related, on other areas you are helped decent. i hope one day someone can get through to the right gm and convince him that X's behaviour is not acceptable and there is nothing you can do about X's harrashment as a community.

funcoms neglectence to this topic and other areas such pvp in general and the pvp servers, has made me think it is part of funcoms business plan. asuming it would be; let the pvp servers bleed dead, merge them and then implement something silly as hyperborian race. on the good side; i have heard they are still developing !
    Last edited by Pimmz; 28th April 2015 at 17:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    The rules of conduct prohibit harassing other players. The social guidelines prohibit exploit discussions. Even if conduct (such as AFKing in minigames) may in certain circumstances qualify as harassment, it certainly does not constitute an exploit. This may or may not mean something for this forum, depending on whether quoting the content of the social guidelines amounts to questioning moderation

You can discuss the rules as much as you want, as long as you abide by them. And if you want to talk about the moderation, both the moderators and the Community Managers always said that you can PM any of us to do so. The acts of moderation are just not to be discussed publicly. About the need for moderation, you should ask one of the CMs if you can open a thread about it before doing it.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    The rules of conduct prohibit harassing other players.
    only so far as verbal harrassment. This does not extend onto pvp scenarios. As Suctum can attest there were many times in the past where pvp guilds would harass players to the point they would blockade raid entrances. Is it harrassment? Sure but not what funcom classifies as harrassment that they take action on. They dont care what you do only what you say. Wouldn't want any hurt feelings in this overly politically correct atmosphere.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast