Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury pvp fun

Default Fury pvp fun

It was a day full of fun on fury .
    Exciting pvp , minis popping the whole day , and it was all about RPing and people playing together as friends .
    Just look at these picture it is symbolic for fury's current pvp , people enjoying playing with eachother

Edit by Anzu: No names allowed.

Even the RP aspect is strong .
    Just in this mini we had not only those 2 awesome guys above , but also a guy who tried RP Usain Bolt , capping the flag with insane speed and strange movement animation .
    But i guess this was just because of the weight of the flag.
    The pom who decided for herself to RP the demo and refusing to use any priest ability except for herself even when team members jump right in front of her is not really worth mentioning at this point.

If you think only this mini was fun , then you are 100% wrong , the whole day was just as awesome as this one , but here i was able to take nice screenshots.

So if you want to RP the naked harlot in minis or the tank using lvl20 Mage Robes , this is a place where you wont be alone .

Some people shout "report them" but i wonder why ? Do you really want to destroy the RP again?
    Last edited by Anzu; 26th April 2015 at 07:56.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    It was a day full of fun on fury .
    Exciting pvp , minis popping the whole day , and it was all about RPing and people playing together as friends .
    Just look at these picture it is symbolic for fury's current pvp , people enjoying playing with eachother

Edit by Anzu: No names allowed.

Even the RP aspect is strong .
    Just in this mini we had not only those 2 awesome guys above , but also a guy who tried RP Usain Bolt , capping the flag with insane speed and strange movement animation .
    But i guess this was just because of the weight of the flag.
    The pom who decided for herself to RP the demo and refusing to use any priest ability except for herself even when team members jump right in front of her is not really worth mentioning at this point.

If you think only this mini was fun , then you are 100% wrong , the whole day was just as awesome as this one , but here i was able to take nice screenshots.

So if you want to RP the naked harlot in minis or the tank using lvl20 Mage Robes , this is a place where you wont be alone .

Some people shout "report them" but i wonder why ? Do you really want to destroy the RP again?

all bs aside the minis have been running fine all day it just blows that you cant pick your teammates. The afk phenomenon is prevalent in both servers when teams just cant get along. its funcoms fault
    Last edited by Anzu; 26th April 2015 at 07:56.

That foolish conq was in crom for a quite a while and was doing the same every single mini game,glad he went away.And its so sad because there are so many like him that destroying minis and just do it to annoy players and petitions do nothing and moreover you cant do anything when you have these fools to your team with this totally random nonsense that you cant even sign as a duo.

Just for fun check mindset of a guy who is playing and even posting in forum.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2118077
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2118058
    Last edited by zeuss; 26th April 2015 at 06:58.
    IVORY TOWER

sad , so sad...

There's that specific guard who has turned away from the game sooooo many people , yet we cant even name and shame him ...
    and we're protecting his rights and being polite and above all and sh1337t ...

If a guy joins a t3 (yea , lets say t3) raid , he goes throo lots of checks . Gear-check , knowledge-check , capability-check , and even then if he ends up being an a**hat in action , he gets kicked . People see competition in raiding , and Im with them 100% . BUT people also see competition in PVP minis , where all those checks DONT happen , mostly cause there are unwritten rules which are followed by 11/12 ppl of every minigame [rule1: move , rule2:understand that you're part of team ,..etc] , yet the 12th guy ends up judging the outcome of the fight while the rest stay unprotected against him roleplaying the statue

I understand that he might be a paying customer , but has anybody ever contacted him ? Has he ever been infracted or even banned for some time? Most likely in the same account he got his mains (we know some things about him . He's a former player from EU pvp-server , he's moved to crom and since then he does this on repeat to ruin the pvp-experience to the ones who stayed on fury ) , maybe an approach from GM could solve this .. but after all , you , guys in charge , know better how to handle this .... i guess .
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

I've been in minis with this fool before. If he's on the opposite team I ignore him, he only wants to be farmed. If he's on my team, I ignore him and do the best I can knowing we are a man down, and the psychology game he is playing with the team. I find it rather disturbing Funcom allows an obviously F2P player ruin hours of minis on a regular basis for actual paying customers. Having ridiculous Player Agreement rules police themselves by policies because you either refuse or would rather not act is not what most people expect when we pay to play. Paying customers expect at least some limited support from the company so content can be enjoyed. If this was a PvE issue, it would be at least looked at, but since it's a PvP issue Funcom just hides behind their Social Guidelines and does nothing. At some point you need to add the human element, have someone actually make a real decision rather than apply some stupid logic matrix on what the player's actual intent is rather than what he is actually doing, and just ban this guy.

Does it really take so much to get the attention of a single GM to just even make a case for it?

Would it be so much for an actual GM just to send a warning to this player for not playing content as intended? Is it really so hard to track him since he does minis for hours at a time? I have petitioned ridiculous PvE issues that are hardly important, and have been responded to in 15 minutes or less, it can't be that much of an issue to see 30+ petitions on this player and just watch what he does for 2 minutes...I know the thousands of dollars I have spent with Funcom has paid at least one person to have 10 minutes to do this...
    Last edited by Suctum; 26th April 2015 at 16:21.
    Doomsayer 2008

The stick of punishment has been swung and so I wont be able to post on my main account for some months .
    This guy is obviously multi-boxing now , ruining minis with 2 toons.

Here a little fun fact : A friend of mine got farmed in a minigame because of this guy and so he went afk . Right after that a GM warned him not to afk in minis .
    We have both been paying customer for years ..
    Last edited by slackox; 27th April 2015 at 08:49.

Quote Originally Posted by slackox View Post
    Here a little fun fact : A friend of mine got farmed in a minigame because of this guy and so he went afk . Right after that a GM warned him not to afk in minis .
    This is fun
    I was sure that GMs are useless - they almost never help - but knowing that they actually do something, and it's the wrong thing, is just LOL!
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by slackox View Post
    The stick of punishment has been swung and so I wont be able to post on my main account for some months .
    This guy is obviously multi-boxing now , ruining minis with 2 toons.

This is interesting. I suspect there are "customers" and "special players"...this is not the only example of them not behaving according to their own claims of "treating all customers the same". Though there are also some new (motivated!) gms and some older (gms who play themselves or have friends ingame) which might explain this different behaviour.
    Also f2p players are customers too and you have clearly explained that there are more reasons to afk then just "trolling". It is also deliberately used to influence win chance and to help people like those who farmed your friend.

But it should illustrate the solution:
    As with fightclubbing, you will not manage to get rid of afking by force (and in some case...a subjective force). But you can do some gameplay changes that will NOT affect the gameplay of those who play as intended, but it will hurt those that play otherwise, while not making it so offensive to be worth banning (which imo afking is certainly NOT, just look at global, tells, the exploiting and the cheating and you have real reasons to ban people).
    There have been whole threads on the old forum and on TL about this. They range from "easy to implement" (like linking xp from winning to afk time) over medium "auto teleport" to "complicated" (vote kick).

If there are players who go afk, but do this as a way of progressing while afk, these measures will help there. Certain trolls and players who do this just to annoy others will not be affected, but seriously:
    Do you really expect all 12 players (or 6) in your team to be 100% active all the time? Especially in pugs. The argument of these players "hurting" in a banable way, is kind of ridicolous when there are pug only minis, there are huge latency and power gaps and whole guilds manipulating mini outcome. In a esportslike environment with premades or players having a choice to select their teams, that point would be 100% true, but not in current minis.
    One way of countering this special person mentioned in the thread could be to monitor afk time in minis (or teambased) parts. This will be worth to do in other things too, to link rewards to it to counter fightclubbing too. A way to measure activity basically. You can then use this info to balance the teams, so one guy can not sabotage 11 others, since the other team will get either a dud or a similar player.

There are simply not enough gms there and the offense in going afk is argueable (as in your example where the one player going afk was perfectly legit while the others broke code of conduct by abusing the spawn system and harassing that player imo)...so best way is not to subjectively petition, but to change the game system.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th April 2015 at 12:44.

Going AFK is is one thing. Intentionally ruining the mini game for 11 other people is different. In PvE, you have measures to deal with players who purposely intend to ruin content, they can be removed from that said content by another player. In minis, you have little choice other than leaving the game before it starts. That option is counter productive. There is not more than one mini running and you must wait until the next to sign up, which more than likely will be the same people from the last mini. So how is this an option...

Just because the player who is not contributing to the mini is not actually breaking any "said" rules, he is not playing the field as intended. You can't have a discipline matrix for this, you need a human with a brain seeing what the players actual intention is. This players intention is that his fun comes from not only ruining minis and not playing as intended, but also all the QQ it produces. He even responds to it here on the forums, so not only is this a case of not playing as intended, it is also a form of harassment, both physically through game play and verbally through text and forum messages.

In that mindset, Funcom absolutely ignores their own rules and polices players on a case by case basis, or just simply ignores them until a GM or someone with influence (perhaps a follower) who actually experiences this behavior for themselves while playing on their own time and simply chooses to do something about it because it affected them.

If a mod would like to add more, I would like to hear them defend this players actions as not breeching player conduct rules because we all know his actual intention.
    Doomsayer 2008

This pretty much sums it?

Edit by Anzu: Nice try. Not really smart though.
    ?
    Last edited by Jin-chan; 28th April 2015 at 23:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast