Thread: I am so lost.

Default I am so lost.

What is up with the bajillion stats in this game? Why can't they program something easier to understand?

I have came back from a 5 year break, and wanted to jump back into PvP. I quit when Tyranny was the server to be at, and right after they introduced PvP gear.

So now I am lost. I am a level 61 assassin but PvP 0, and have no idea what to do.

Most of my gear is level 38 or less because I had 22 unspent levels. So I put them all on my assassin.

But I have no idea if gear bolsters (pretty sure there's no bolstering in this game), so.. if I enter minigames now, will I just simply get destroyed over and over? Or do I have to buy 50+ gear for every slot?

This is very tedius just to get started on PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    What is up with the bajillion stats in this game? Why can't they program something easier to understand?

I have came back from a 5 year break, and wanted to jump back into PvP. I quit when Tyranny was the server to be at, and right after they introduced PvP gear.

So now I am lost. I am a level 61 assassin but PvP 0, and have no idea what to do.

Most of my gear is level 38 or less because I had 22 unspent levels. So I put them all on my assassin.

But I have no idea if gear bolsters (pretty sure there's no bolstering in this game), so.. if I enter minigames now, will I just simply get destroyed over and over? Or do I have to buy 50+ gear for every slot?

Accessories you can get without a pvp level, so it's a start. I recommend culture or even crafted gear to start off, it'll be rough but at least it'll get you going.

Thats why games like ESO and SWTOR was invented.

Lvl 60-79 minigames will probably be quite tough at level 61. The best you could do is get the city crafted level 60 blue cloth, it's quite cheap actually.

You could use this site: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php to check out gear.

Advice towards weaponry would be the "Jagged Cut" from Armsmans Arena quest in Tarantia Noble District, and "Shiv of the Triumphant" from the Ardashir Arena. Two quite decent epic weapons for Assassin, you'd get those easily with the help of a level 80 character.

Welcome back mate. If you haven't already read my pvp guide which can be found here: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...e-of-Conan-PVP

If you have any other questions PM me on the forums
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Welcome back mate. If you haven't already read my pvp guide which can be found here: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...e-of-Conan-PVP

If you have any other questions PM me on the forums
    ^I forgot about this guide that you made. Great job, Usedtissue.

BTW, new players, you can do Shrines of Bori and hit PvP lvl 5 in just a few weeks. This will get you starting PvP gear that will make you a true competitor in most PvP situations. Yes, the grind is awful but so worth it to get to a competitive level, quickly, so you can join mini-games and the PvP week events. You can also just pay for the gear in the in-game store if you have RL money to blow.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by finnius1 View Post
    ^I forgot about this guide that you made. Great job, Usedtissue.

BTW, new players, you can do Shrines of Bori and hit PvP lvl 5 in just a few weeks. This will get you starting PvP gear that will make you a true competitor in most PvP situations. Yes, the grind is awful but so worth it to get to a competitive level, quickly, so you can join mini-games and the PvP week events. You can also just pay for the gear in the in-game store if you have RL money to blow.
    Pvp events are better. I watched 0s hit 4 in a week of stuff that is a little bit more exciting than banging rocks, and a lot of the events give the tokens needed for t2/t3 gear
    I don't make points I make dents.

Basically, Shax84 gives good advice. Also, if you return to the game and are clueless, do not use offline levels to further confound yourself. I suggest restarting by creating and playing another character.
    For PVP, start doing minigames early, at 19 (and later on, at 39, 59, and 79), to gain your PVP levels. Unfortunately, it takes some time on Crom to do that.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

play a necro and just smash your head on the keyboard: pro pvp tip