Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Viable Guard S&B Tanking builds

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    If you're solo tanking Stall is practically a second bubble, if you need to share agro stall is the wrong way to go.
    Not in all cases, but ofcourse in most, think thats one of the things we all agree on here, and thats my point, as also shou stated, using counterstrike for champion buff is also quite bad, trying to heal yourself a minor minor bit, but retaliating damage when an aggroswitch should happen. Your suggestion for AA is not what they should focus IF they would change guardian AAs. If AA's change, it should be something passive, not more buttons to press as a sword and shield guard, we have enough, piano players we are! And yeah Dodgeball it was quite obvious Shou meant all of us went offtopic, so dont worry lol.
    Last edited by magnum92; 26th April 2015 at 06:33.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Beside AAs you've mentioned the most important perks are Resolve, Forced Engage, Stall the Advance, Counterweight. The rest are nice to have but not priority to train at the beginning, for example Rear Guard (group buff for priests).

So get Resolve. After you can move down to class perks put 1 point in Counterweight and then start time training Stall the Advance. After that you can go back and for example finish Pressing/Decisive and then focus on Passive protection wards. Among other AAs buffing combos like Improved Guard Destroyer (decreases CD of the combo), then Improved Last Stand (decreases CD of your bubble by 1 minute) and so on...
    TY! As no one had anything to criticize on that plan, Ill go along with it.

I did (off-)tank Iron Tower, Crows Nest, Scorpion Caves, Atzels Fortress so far (im lvl 78 now) and I must say getting / keeping aggro on the mobs and some of the bosses there is pretty much fun and not as hard as I thought. After all its my first tank. But atm I feel quite prepared to turn Lvl 80 and do some tougher stuff. I was masochist and leveled all the way since lvl 45 or so on S&B to get used to the combos/abilities and I think it wasnt my worst idea. And I didnt use one offline level.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    TY! As no one had anything to criticize on that plan, Ill go along with it.

I did (off-)tank Iron Tower, Crows Nest, Scorpion Caves, Atzels Fortress so far (im lvl 78 now) and I must say getting / keeping aggro on the mobs and some of the bosses there is pretty much fun and not as hard as I thought. After all its my first tank. But atm I feel quite prepared to turn Lvl 80 and do some tougher stuff. I was masochist and leveled all the way since lvl 45 or so on S&B to get used to the combos/abilities and I think it wasnt my worst idea. And I didnt use one offline level.
    Sounds awesome, you re gonna have a blast on level 80!
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123