Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which T4 set is better for tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    If anyone thinks 9 crit and less then 250 combat rating is better then 28 hate for tanking purposes, I don't think that person should be giving advice in a soldier forum about T4 gear.

You would even be better off using the fallen empire or LL or Ardashir Fort helm in stead of indomitable for tanking purposes.

I would only consider using indomitable in a time trial where every little bit of dps is relevant and a conq is usually only offtanking.
    1. I would appreciate if you stopped using intimidation techniques to win an argument, but rather build your argumentation around facts...

2. This is in Conqueror forum. A few months back, you agreed with me that Thrice Howled Edge would generate more agro than the Riddle of Steel, in the "How to PVE CONQ" thread. We see the same tendencies on these two items as the two helmets in discussion. Only that + Weapon damage can get very high in combat, but will always fluctuate depending on buffs used. The difference of the two weapons if the Conq was buffed by +200% weapon damage would be 18 dps. Now, the weapon damage buff can get that high, but it isn't that high over a long period of time. My Conq has 133% flat footed, with buffs he can get up to 186%. With Cacodemon and Flanking its over 200%. Guards buff and BS Rune of Agressions can take it further, but thats peaks. And is that better than 2,24% hate?

Combat rating is a flat buff, affected only by critical damage rating if crits are made. Hate increase, the same as we discussed in that other thread; 1% hate ~ 2,5% damage. Hate can also get very high on a properly feated Conqueror, but so can his crit rating as well. Adding damage to the equation should not be frowned upon. Especially if you have "enough" hate already. 28 hate increase is 0,75% hate modifier. If the formula is correct, by doing 1000 dps with Fearless helm and 5,75% hate and someone with neutral hate does dps, it goes to the guy in neutral when he does more than 1143 dps. If you have Indomitable equipped and in defensive stance, you would then have 5% hate, but maybe doing 1010 dps, it would go to the guy in neutral when he does more than 1136 dps.

I don't think that the math is this simple, there are built in hate on combos that's also affected by hate increase and other mechanics in play as well. But it's fun to play with numbers and see that most likely, the outcome would be the same and there is no drastical difference of having either the Indomitable helmet or the Fearless helmet, also there will be more damage, and less hate by the Thrice Howled Edge than the Riddle of Steel, but agro level probably about the same.

3. Conquerors are quite often maintanking both in groups and raids. On Sheng, Basilisk, Imp, Saddur, Strom, Keaira, they are very good maintanks and can easily share agro with DTs in regular DS builds.

Thrice Howled Edge looks cooler. /thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12