Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: server merge

If merge, I hope Funcom will keep just 2 or 3 areas ( for example Kheshatta, Dragon's spine, White Sand Isle ) for pvp as all areas are on Fury.
    To walk in Hyboria without risk is too boring.
    FURY

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    If merge, I hope Funcom will keep just 2 or 3 areas ( for example Kheshatta, Dragon's spine, White Sand Isle ) for pvp as all areas are on Fury.
    To walk in Hyboria without risk is too boring.
    Force players to do PvP if they chose a PvE Server before the merge? Well, I would quit the game... I really hate PvP here and if I will be forced to do it, I will leave the game... and I think most of the players in my actual guild would quit too.

If FC is really going to merge Fury and Crom they should add the option before entering a playfield to choose between Normal, Epic or PvP area.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Force players to do PvP if they chose a PvE Server before the merge? Well, I would quit the game... I really hate PvP here and if I will be forced to do it, I will leave the game... and I think most of the players in my actual guild would quit too.

If FC is really going to merge Fury and Crom they should add the option before entering a playfield to choose between Normal, Epic or PvP area.
    It's nice to see how players really feel, it's not like Funcom forced PvPers to PvE to stay current and competitive. Just because you don't enjoy the pvp content doesn't mean someone else would if exposed to it in a limited way. I find it really sad when pvers make threatening posts like this, because if your look at the opposite side of the coin you would at least have some empathy.

Being able to choose your playfield is something I support, threatening to leave the game because you disagree about how you would be forced to change how you play, well that's something pvpers have been dealing with since 2010.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It's nice to see how players really feel, it's not like Funcom forced PvPers to PvE to stay current and competitive. Just because you don't enjoy the pvp content doesn't mean someone else would if exposed to it in a limited way. I find it really sad when pvers make threatening posts like this, because if your look at the opposite side of the coin you would at least have some empathy.

Being able to choose your playfield is something I support, threatening to leave the game because you disagree about how you would be forced to change how you play, well that's something pvpers have been dealing with since 2010.
    Well, I know that you PvP players have to deal with FCs incompetence in making good PvP Content but for me this game already has many downsides (low amount of content updates, bugs like renown system or other very important things) so I could not stay in this game if I get forced to do PvP.

I am totally OK that there will be more PvP players or more PvP events / content with a server merge but forcing me or other players to do PvP will be not good, I know many people in game that really hate PvP and they would leave the game if they had to do PvP. Some may find it fun to defend the raid entrance againt players to get there but I personally don't have much time to play anymore and wouldn't be interested in a fight that lasts 2 hours just to get into a instance or getting hide attacked by a assassin, kicked and killed by death whirlwind instantly, I totally accept that players like to have that risk to be killed by someone while questing or just walking around in an open area but still, FC should make the option so decide the playfield type, otherwise they will lose the players that don't like PvP.

Literally everyone has already decided that select-able zones is the best way to proceed. Don't worry about being forced to do anything that you don't want to, if they go through with a merge select-able zones is what they will do.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Literally everyone has already decided that select-able zones is the best way to proceed. Don't worry about being forced to do anything that you don't want to, if they go through with a merge select-able zones is what they will do.
    That may be the players choice solution, but I have not seen any word from Funcom on this. We don't know 1) If it is possible. 2) How hard it is to implement. 3) If Funcom can and will commit the resources to do it.

I Know you think it would be quick and easy, but you simply do NOT know it is any more than I know that it is difficult and time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    That may be the players choice solution, but I have not seen any word from Funcom on this. We don't know 1) If it is possible. 2) How hard it is to implement. 3) If Funcom can and will commit the resources to do it.

I Know you think it would be quick and easy, but you simply do NOT know it is any more than I know that it is difficult and time consuming.
    Well here's what we know...

1. They have done server merges before
    2. They have zones that are select-able

Doing them together should be pretty straight forward. It doesn't matter though, most of my friends are gone now and the complete display of unprofessionalism when dealing with the two dying servers have put the nail in the coffin for me. It's taken years and they have done NOTHING about the server situation. Feel free to hang on to the pipe dreams that this beautiful game has instilled in us all, I for one will continue moving on to games in which the management simply doesn't just "give up" on problems.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Doing them together should be pretty straight forward. It doesn't matter though, most of my friends are gone now and the complete display of unprofessionalism when dealing with the two dying servers have put the nail in the coffin for me. It's taken years and they have done NOTHING about the server situation. Feel free to hang on to the pipe dreams that this beautiful game has instilled in us all, I for one will continue moving on to games in which the management simply doesn't just "give up" on problems.
    True they have done server merges in the past. When they did, they had more recourses to work on it. I would not call the previous merges 100% successful either. I recall many post merge issues and hot fixes post merges. Funcom would need to plan for that also.

They do have selectable zones and can turn on/off PvP on select zones (as we have seen in Whitesands), so it may be easy, but we don't know. It may be comparing apples and oranges. That is something only Funcom knows and can decide.

I would not assume that when/if Funcom merges servers a new PvP/PvE switch will be added. Considering the current state of the game and server populations, it is just as likely that Funcom will simply let Fury die as Rage has, or possibly close both of those servers to new creations and allow for free transfers to Crom using the current rule set.

This would indeed be a slap in the face to hard core PvP players with a passion for open world PvP, but it is a more realistic scenario.

tnx funcom after much payment years now i can go off rom aoc ..... i hope can see in some news good aoc game.....

They aren't going to merge the servers anyway so I wouldn't worry about this baseless rumor and that's exactly what it is. Unless funcom says otherwise it isn't going to happen. so pick a server and stick to it. Fury is still manageable and has pvp at varying times of the day but it has little to no pve unless you play earlier during eu prime time. If you are like suctum and have to play later on, crom may be for you. Fury does tend to dwindle down to a trickle after the daily pvp zone change up at 8 pm eastern. Funny how that works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast