Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: server merge

I just came back after 5 years because theres nothing else out there to play for my taste. I want to see the Khitai expansion before the game shutdown.
    Its sad, but theres almost 0 people at Fury. I dont think this game will stay up for another year. Sadly...

Well, they could trymerge "all" the servers again to see what happen. the pvp players will jump like wolfs on pve players and that probably will only accelerate the dying process but at least its a shot

the forums are dead, I cross with 1 or 2 players at premium time at night and there is no announcement of a new content in a near future that may bring the players back to the game

I will keep enjoying Khitai pve content since I already paid but it does seem that we are in our final breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorinus View Post

the forums are dead, I cross with 1 or 2 players at premium time at night and there is no announcement of a new content in a near future that may bring the players back to the game
    The forums are dead for a reason we are not allowed to discuss suffice to say there are heavy hands around here.

As far as fury it is "dead" in comparison to your average mmo but it is still relatively playable at certain times of the day. It is what it is man.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Vorinus View Post
    I just came back after 5 years because theres nothing else out there to play for my taste. I want to see the Khitai expansion before the game shutdown.
    Its sad, but theres almost 0 people at Fury. I dont think this game will stay up for another year. Sadly...

Well, they could trymerge "all" the servers again to see what happen. the pvp players will jump like wolfs on pve players and that probably will only accelerate the dying process but at least its a shot

I will keep enjoying Khitai pve content since I already paid but it does seem that we are in our final breath.
    Fury at least had serious zoning and instance issues after last world boss week and they have not been officially adressed yet (e.g. Eiglo Mountains have been like deleted from the game as several other zones). No idea, if this has been fixed, since the problem messed with char locations in general and ported them randomly elsewhere it seems...so i have not logged in since.
    But maybe this explains Fury emptiness a bit too...

The idea of saving the game was given by Kenamum in 2012. Creating instances in that same map. Example: one player come in Keshata, he will always get into Alpha (PVE instance), but he can exchange for Beta (PVP instance) when you are 20 meters from the rez. I begged for Funcom do this to prevent the death of PVP servers. But unfortunately the money (by transfers) was important to them (bad choice). But Okay, I'll negotiate with the Funcom for open new server when game died.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal View Post
    The idea of saving the game was given by Kenamum in 2012. Creating instances in that same map. Example: one player come in Keshata, he will always get into Alpha (PVE instance), but he can exchange for Beta (PVP instance) when you are 20 meters from the rez. I begged for Funcom do this to prevent the death of PVP servers. But unfortunately the money (by transfers) was important to them (bad choice). But Okay, I'll negotiate with the Funcom for open new server when game died.
    Looking at the new trend in corporative game management nowadays, where even private servers for abandoned games get sued, good luck with that. As someone said: "they are not content with some money, they want all money or no money". And they are not going to share any licensed or copyrighted material even if they can or will not use or maintain it on their own.

Sadly your solution is so obvious and common sensed, that i doubt it will ever find any hold in a modern corporate mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Looking at the new trend in corporative game management nowadays, where even private servers for abandoned games get sued, good luck with that. As someone said: "they are not content with some money, they want all money or no money". And they are not going to share any licensed or copyrighted material even if they can or will not use or maintain it on their own.

Sadly your solution is so obvious and common sensed, that i doubt it will ever find any hold in a modern corporate mindset
    Funcom is not the true owner of the conan license. the estate of R.E howard is if im not mistaken. So any rights would need to be acquired through them
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    Funcom is not the true owner of the conan license. the estate of R.E howard is if im not mistaken. So any rights would need to be acquired through them
    Yes, but they hold the game copyright, so you might run into trouble when you try to open a private server with aoc on it without prior negatotiations or a contract with funcom. This is what i meant. I am not sure the Howard estate is violently pursuing claims, just look at all the fan art on the net. But i know software companies and certain lawyers like to do these stunts.

Last evening after work many people connected AoC server to look at changes which bring new patch.

And I saw a huge amount of players online...approx.60...it is a prime time....0 Jebbal's....15-20 minutes waiting between minigames....

And yeah, of course I want to buy a new patch, same it is so interesting to play a singleplayer game or PvP with Strawman - my favorite sparring partner during last month.

Sometimes, when I wish very difficult and interesting PvP I go to the guild city and fight with two straw man at the same time. Fantastic emotions.

Merge? Why? Isn't enough for you?
    Last edited by Aett; 21st May 2015 at 13:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    Merge? Why? Isn't enough for you?
    I miss playing in open pvp server, but I was tired of waiting pop minis in fury.

an option that would leave both players happy is a bad idea? It has pvp players, sometimes, do make a 6 man, the reverse also exists....

I think you understand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123