Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aoc makes mmorpg's list

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    The part about AoC is weird. If they hadn't told us that that part was about AoC, I wouldn't have recognized the game. In my opinion, neither it's strength's nor its weaknesses were analyzed.

Pros
    - Great design.
    - Best motion capturing / character movements I've seen so far, even as of 2015.
    - Nice classes. All of them make sense. Builds are varied. No class/build is helpless in solo play.
    - "Adult" viewpoint, by which I don't mean exposed female genitalia, but a generally less kid oriented story writing, design, gameplay and so on.

Cons
    - Horrible release. False advertisement, broken promises, lots of bugs and missing/dis****ional parts. - Fixed by now.
    - Ganking/exploiting problems. All PvP servers die(d) due to bad pvp policies/design. Lack of customer support, especially at release.
    - Lack of content / players. Release and slow development of new content drove away a lot of people. A growing problem.
    - Some difficulty for new players to catch up (maybe typical for the genre, though).
    - PvP is... uhm... well, not what I call fun.
    - Horrible marketing, from complete "lack of" to things probably crossing one or the other legal line.

Whereas the video talks about
    - solo start. That wasn't even in game at release (if you don't count the beach area, which one leaves after about 10 minutes). And even if it had been, it would have been the first 10 or 20 hours of the game (38 minutes if you hurry, as a veteran player told me recently). That's nothing that matters in the great scheme of things.
    - action oriented combat. Uhm... say what? Don't remember that a major issue anywhere in time. The ideas about sandbox player fortresses was more of a thing in my memory.
    You may not enjoy PvP, but many of used to and still do..and no, pvp servers did not die because of ganking or exploiting, although I agree with you slightly about customer support. They simply had too many servers than needed at launch. When Doomsayer was merged into Tyranny it was basically a super-server for the better of 2 years until they started making very unpopular pvp changes and started to move to the almost entirely exclusive PvE game you enjoy now. As you run off pvpers and replace them with mainly casual pvers, of course the pvp servers die off because those casual players choose not to play on them. That does not mean they failed in themselves, they simply marketed towards a different kind of demographic where eventually they would fail because of limited demand amongst new players and almost reprehensible changes that forced pure pvpers out of the game. Most anyone who played between 2008-10 did so for pvp, not pve. PvE in this game was actually extremely dull until the advent of t3 raiding.

Also, there is not any female genitalia in the game, only Breasts. Everyone's nasties are covered.
    Last edited by Suctum; 15th April 2015 at 07:24.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You may not enjoy PvP, but many of used to and still do.. [...] When Doomsayer was merged into Tyranny it was basically a super-server for the better of 2 years until they started making very unpopular pvp changes and started to move to the almost entirely exclusive PvE game you enjoy now. As you run off pvpers [...]
    See what I did there? ;-)

We seem to agree: PvP hasn't been able to hold customers in AoC. Whatever the reason (which one may disagree upon), may it be a weird design, later changes, exploiting/ganking or something else - the PvP part doesn't really work apparently.
    That assessment has nothing to do with wether one likes PvP in general or not (personally, I actually do) or even in AoC. But the numbers (as far as we can see them) seem to imply that it's a weakness in gaining and holding customers.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Also, there is not any female genitalia in the game, only Breasts. Everyone's nasties are covered.
    You should try that one quest in Wild Lands
    Short cuts make long delays.

Uhh that AoC marketing trailer they used on that video. Good choice. Funcom is great scam company anyway . Wonder whos idea it was make video about some snake which you finish with "unreleased" animal fatality or those graphics which game never had.

Still, its the only MMO along with GW 1 that got me hooked for years even thou it was full of lies and gameplay is borked pre-alpha stage. Rangers "placeholder" pre-alpha white long arrow which is still in the game. Anyone? ^^
    Last edited by Jin-chan; 16th April 2015 at 15:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12