Thread: aggro calculation

Default aggro calculation

Hi everyone,

I'd like to try a tank class, but I don't understand how to switch aggro. I see some bosses tactics are with switching aggro between tanks. Is there an addon vs to follow the aggro lvl or do you just visually follow the boss's movements and decide when to switch aggro?

It is a very long and windy question with answers found in specific-class guides.
    In short: high damage (unshielded sides, critical hits, high DPS gear, etc.) and +hatred keep targets on you. Irritate when you want to keep aggression and use Goad when you need the boss to switch to the second person in the aggression list. Aggression tools work better with more DPS (thus, they are best used before the last steps in combo).
    Each class has its own tricks.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 9th April 2015 at 17:36.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

In addition to be a very difficult to understand, half of the information you get will also be myths.

The best understanding of the aggro mechanics you get from just playing the game, you need to know the encounter, your class, know the player you are tanking with and the class of the player your tanking with for it to become smooth aggro switches.
    I am Stian ingame...

Thank you guys for yr comments. Guess until I learn the basics I need to stick with a forgiving raid members, who will not call "noob " or smth.