Thread: Tarantia Commons - Watch Leader quest

Default Tarantia Commons - Watch Leader quest

Hi.

I have the quest to kill the Watch Leader.
    I've knocked on the doors to summon the rioters and I helped them killing the watchmen.
    Then the City Watch Captain appeared on the quest marked area and I've killed him with the help of the rioters.
    I did this about 6 times but i havent got the quest updated.
    I made a petition and the GM said that i'm killing the wrong boss. He said i have to kill a boss with exactely the same name but it isnt the one I have killed so far.
    Anyone has a clue about how to summon and kill the needed boss?
    Last edited by talizen; 8th April 2015 at 14:36.

If NPC hit him first, boss was marked for that NPC and you don't get and update. You must clear area from NPC and hit boss first

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    If NPC hit him first, boss was marked for that NPC and you don't get and update. You must clear area from NPC and hit boss first
    Safest way is, if in doubt, kill everything excpt the boss, jump into the water to reset the boss, then kill it when it starts to walk back or is standing at spawn point and out of combat.

Now that they aren't group any more if there is more than one person, they can kill it before you have a chance to do this. I saw a dt do this 3 times in a row and they just refused to listen to logic.

As to the boss, there are 2 forms. Kill the rioters and leave the watch captains to get the riot leader, do the opposite to get the watch captain, and I will leave the process to get the paymaster alone

Thanks for the answers. I've got the quest and achievements update for the City Watch Captain and Riot Leader.
    As for the paymaster I followed the Cynara's blog tactic and i havent managed to summon him.
    I think i've killed the trouble makers again and again until i've got the message "Unrest is growing in the district" more than 30 times without getting the message "unrest is growing fiercer in the district".
    I did this 2 times and i spent about 2 hours in each attempt to summon him without any success.
    Anyone has any clue about it?

Is the group hunt for gem recipes still spawns a proper elite mob, or did Funcom break it? (As in, any passerby can hit and kill it and get the loot).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Is the group hunt for gem recipes still spawns a proper elite mob, or did Funcom break it? (As in, any passerby can hit and kill it and get the loot).
    The Rare bosses spawning in the Tarantia Common District as part of the riot have been changed to use non-elite stats so that they can be killed without needing a group.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I solo spawned and killed the Paymaster a few days ago following the tactic posted on Cynara’s blog and elsewhere.

However, a few hours prior to that, I and a couple of other players attempted to spawn him, to no avail. We successfully got 23 “unrest is growing in the district” messages without any “angry crowd gathering” messages. The next message, as expected, was “unrest is growing fiercer in the district.” At this point, the Paymaster did not spawn from one of the 5 doors (or from killing one of the troublemakers?) as hoped. We continued the tactic for about another 15 “unrest is growing in the district” messages (uninterrupted by “angry crowd gathering”), and the Paymaster still did not spawn.

I suspect that what happened was that the Paymaster is a once per instance spawn, or is on a global cooldown. See this thread for more on that: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...aker-Paymaster

Later, I was able to enter a fresh instance of Tarantia Commons. I waited outside and kept searching on players within the zone, and when I saw that it was empty, I timed 2 mins (the time taken for a zone to reset, ala Onyx farming), and then entered. It did take some time to get lucky that no one entered during the 2 mins.

Anyway, I commenced the spawning tactic in my fresh instance, and after 1 hr and 45 mins, I managed to spawn the Paymaster. I just ran a constant loop of all 5 doors, killing the troublemakers as I spawned them, and killing the ones who auto-spawn. After 24 uninterrupted “unrest is growing in the district” messages, the Paymaster spawned at one of the 5 doors. He spawned at the very moment that I spawned and killed a troublemaker at the same door, so I’m not sure whether he auto-spawned from the door, or from killing the troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by hassanchop View Post
    I solo spawned and killed the Paymaster a few days ago following the tactic posted on Cynara’s blog and elsewhere.

However, a few hours prior to that, I and a couple of other players attempted to spawn him, to no avail. We successfully got 23 “unrest is growing in the district” messages without any “angry crowd gathering” messages. The next message, as expected, was “unrest is growing fiercer in the district.” At this point, the Paymaster did not spawn from one of the 5 doors (or from killing one of the troublemakers?) as hoped. We continued the tactic for about another 15 “unrest is growing in the district” messages (uninterrupted by “angry crowd gathering”), and the Paymaster still did not spawn.

I suspect that what happened was that the Paymaster is a once per instance spawn, or is on a global cooldown. See this thread for more on that: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...aker-Paymaster

Later, I was able to enter a fresh instance of Tarantia Commons. I waited outside and kept searching on players within the zone, and when I saw that it was empty, I timed 2 mins (the time taken for a zone to reset, ala Onyx farming), and then entered. It did take some time to get lucky that no one entered during the 2 mins.

Anyway, I commenced the spawning tactic in my fresh instance, and after 1 hr and 45 mins, I managed to spawn the Paymaster. I just ran a constant loop of all 5 doors, killing the troublemakers as I spawned them, and killing the ones who auto-spawn. After 24 uninterrupted “unrest is growing in the district” messages, the Paymaster spawned at one of the 5 doors. He spawned at the very moment that I spawned and killed a troublemaker at the same door, so I’m not sure whether he auto-spawned from the door, or from killing the troublemaker.
    We tried spawning him with a group too and heard reports from other groups trying the same thing without success. I am convinced there is a global cooldown of some sort because later we tried with the same group in the epic instance (which we created by entering) and we spawned him without much troubles at all.

Not sure about this, but I think he spawns from killing off troublemakers. Last two times I killed him he spawned on the main square (where there are no doors) after wiping all the troublemakers there. Time before that he spawned at the harbor door but I think that must have been from killing a troublemaker there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    ...Last two times I killed him he spawned on the main square (where there are no doors) after wiping all the troublemakers there. Time before that he spawned at the harbor door but I think that must have been from killing a troublemaker there too.
    In that case I reckon it can be confirmed that he (eventually) spawns from killing a troublemaker, because the only other time I've seen him was years ago when Tarantia Commons was released, and he was in the main square.

I confirm what Paymaster have cooldown, we get all recipes and you can't create good spawning circle because of it