Thread: Keybindings resetting

Default Keybindings resetting

Everytime I log out my keybindings reset. It's driving me insane.

So far these have been suggested to me and I've tried them.

1) close all chat tabs but 1, log out and log back in.
    2) reset to default key bindings log out and log back in.
    3) run data repair utility and waste 40 minutes of your life.

None of them worked, the keys still freakin reset.

I have a dirty solution but one that is guaranteed to work at least.

Log in, set your keybinds then (DON'T close the game, just minimize it) go to :
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Pre fs\<your AOC account name> and set the hotkeys.xml file to READ ONLY (right click, properties). Voilà, your keybinds are set in stone.

Be aware that any time you wish to change a keybind or two you need to untick READ ONLY and set it back on when done.

Those files are also hidden by default, you might have to go into folder options and enable "show hidden files and folder" although I think it will work just fine without doing that if you simply drop the path in explorer address bar or a run window.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

that trick should work. I use a similar trick in my options not saving fix in my signature. The exact moment when your settings get overridden is between the character select screen and when you are able to run around in game, and if you have it set to read only during that moment, your settings won't get overridden.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    that trick should work. I use a similar trick in my options not saving fix in my signature. The exact moment when your settings get overridden is between the character select screen and when you are able to run around in game, and if you have it set to read only during that moment, your settings won't get overridden.
    Ok, I've deselected "read only" for my Age of Conan file, with no fix. I searched the file with my account name input correctly with no results. I tried to find the file as mentioned in the first post. Can you be more specific on how you do this or exactly which file?

I run a 64 bit win and have two clients aoc0 and aoc1.

tks
    Last edited by Purohita; 12th August 2015 at 00:28.