Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Funcom, listen to us! - An open letter

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    While I wholeheartedly +1 this thread Im only now (yes yes I know) starting to think they are leaving this game to die.

The frequency or lack of, of any posts by Sezmra & Tomium on these forums or social media in comparison to what they do for TSW is shocking.
    Maybe they personally dont like AoC or have had a rough time on these forums but the total lack of well... anything is just inexcusable.

A quick glance at AoC on the Steam client shows how much they either dont care or are unable/unwilling to do anything.
    Despite the server merges however many moons ago, it is still listed as two entirely separate games on there with both a US & EU version, both with independent figures of online players via each version & thus both showing a very unhealthy population.
    Add to that the US version doesnt even have icons anymore in the Steam library & god knows how long its been left like that.

They clearly are able to access it in some manner as Sezmra updates the news on the main page but apart from that nada..nothing.
    God knows how many people have screamed to put a sticky in the hub there with some "official" links but again to no avail.

I just dont know, when they have what is essentially a free advertising tool like Steam mixed in with social media & we barely see 1 post a month something has gotta be up
    Very good point here. Steam and social media like Facebook and Twitter are essentially free but Funcom isn't doing very much with these mediums. Gaining new players via these platforms would just take some sustained time and effort but they have not explored these options to much of an extent. Heck, my own Twitter account has about 3/5 the followers of the official Age of Conan Twitter, which barely grown at all over the years.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Only realistic option would be number 5. Others are... well if you have followed the game what 6-7 years? Impossible.

Funcom is make product, abandon product aka leave it to life support with minimal expenses, make new product type of company. That's what majority of us have learned about them-
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

it's all true. but I do not think that FC will listen(((

Yeah, something has to be done.

I have been playing AoC for so long I lost the ability to play anything else. I really need this game.

Give AoC your full attention funcom, Please.

Thanks,

Advertising has been terrible forever, my old guildies thought RotGS was a 'normal' mmo expansion with a zone and a couple of dungeons.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    While I wholeheartedly +1 this thread Im only now (yes yes I know) starting to think they are leaving this game to die.

The frequency or lack of, of any posts by Sezmra & Tomium on these forums or social media in comparison to what they do for TSW is shocking.
    Maybe they personally dont like AoC or have had a rough time on these forums but the total lack of well... anything is just inexcusable.
    The only thing I will say in defence of Sezmra and Tomium is that, more likely than not, they are not free in how the divide their time between games. I would be very surprised if FC had not decided to focus their community management resources on TSW, which of course ties in with the fact that TSW does not have subs, and item shop microtransactions need marketing.

That said, I didn't think that AoC could get any less attention one year ago, but FC never cease to amaze. Also, it's a shame to see Cirith's and Pyz's efforts go to waste without any support from the rest of FC. Heck if they were my coworkers, I'd try to go the extra mile to help them, even if my clear instructions were to focus on TSW.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    The only thing I will say in defence of Sezmra and Tomium is that, more likely than not, they are not free in how the divide their time between games. I would be very surprised if FC had not decided to focus their community management resources on TSW, which of course ties in with the fact that TSW does not have subs, and item shop microtransactions need marketing.

That said, I didn't think that AoC could get any less attention one year ago, but FC never cease to amaze. Also, it's a shame to see Cirith's and Pyz's efforts go to waste without any support from the rest of FC. Heck if they were my coworkers, I'd try to go the extra mile to help them, even if my clear instructions were to focus on TSW.
    I wasnt really trying to say its their fault & apologise if it seems that way just that in comparison to TSW it seems as tho AoC is the unloved child & was looking for reasons why, but like you say it could come down to whats being penciled in as the "to do" thing by the higher beings at FC.

That said & the time constraints taken into consideration I would hardly think one 140 char tweet even deserves being put on the calendar, its pretty much a fire & forget first in the morning thing that can be done on the bus.

I've played both - TSW and AoC - and find AoC to be the far superior product.

I would have no complaints if TSW just faded away to nothing and all the focus shifted to AoC.

I just find it hard to believe FC still charges so much for subs! Should be 1/2 of what it is currently. Especially since things happen so slow on AOC, always has; always will and basically feels like AOC subs are benefiting other games.

Quote Originally Posted by i-be-conan View Post
    I just find it hard to believe FC still charges so much for subs! Should be 1/2 of what it is currently. Especially since things happen so slow on AOC, always has; always will and basically feels like AOC subs are benefiting other games.
    How else to you fund a 7+ year old game that people only hear about now on Steam and an occasional obscure internet review...
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast