Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Funcom, listen to us! - An open letter

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I'll tell you why I and most of the people in my guild ignore PVP and it's nothing to do with anything mentioned in the OP's post. It's everything to do with the type of people who play PVP and flame in global. It's a complete turn off for a lot of people ?..
    I've got 3-accounts with multiple PvP-8 (or higher) toons on em. You're NOT wrong ... If I bring one of my lower geared PvP toons into a mini and screw up a heal or a CC ; my own team sends me a tell to flame me. Or openly spout some nonsense in Group Chat. My tolerance for that behavior has tainted me. I'm taking my Ball and going home. My PvP-10 PoM will now PvE.

I'll tell you why I and most of the people in my guild ignore PVP and it's nothing to do with anything mentioned in the OP's post. It's everything to do with the type of people who play PVP and flame in global. It's a complete turn off for a lot of people in my guild alone, that plus the fact you're going to enter an aspect of the game as a complete newb up against people with a much higher rank with much better gear and more experienced in that game so your precious game time is going to be nothing but a death fest. Those things just don't make PVP appealing to a great many people despite AOC's superior combat system. If you want to entice more people into PVP you might need to get imaginative.
    What he said...

I'll tell you why I and most of the people in my guild ignore PVP and it's nothing to do with anything mentioned in the OP's post. It's everything to do with the type of people who play PVP and flame in global. It's a complete turn off for a lot of people in my guild alone, that plus the fact you're going to enter an aspect of the game as a complete newb up against people with a much higher rank with much better gear and more experienced in that game so your precious game time is going to be nothing but a death fest. Those things just don't make PVP appealing to a great many people despite AOC's superior combat system. If you want to entice more people into PVP you might need to get imaginative.

A possible way around this would be to have a PVP side game for new players that had gear advantages disabled which would reduce the imbalance. We did a guild PVP night once and there was about 11 of us and one pug guy but he sat the game out saying something about that sort of thing wasn't allowed (can't recall exactly) but if you want new people into PVP they may feel more comfortable doing it initially as a guild. Maybe allow it and don't give stats or rewards.

The game needs to encourage people to give PVP a real go and the current PVP players have at least as much interest as Funcom do in encouraging people to try it out.
    Well theres a moot point, really. For one, every PvPer has been through exactly that treatment and the competition was actually a lot harder back in the day, as you'd most likely get a fully geared premade-team with TS/Vent against your random-team. That can't really happen anymore. Also there was no nearly as good pvp starter-set like the current pvp3-set. So learning the hard way was always part of AoC somehow. I agree that this might discourage some folks and it surely drove some away from pvp altogether - no doubt about that, just stating the fact that it's actually already gotten better.

The real Problem is that there's not an easy way for funcom to adress this properly, as the often suggested low-rank minis won't help - if u have troubles with fast movement and hitting opponents with whatever kind of pain you can deal, even a pvp1 toon used by an experienced player will just beat you like a red-headed stepchild.
    The in-guild minis you suggested are a far better way to make the learning-curce less steep, no matter what that random guy told you - do as mommy said and don't trust strangers.

Really, as long as you don't take turns to sit on your butts while the other team wins but acutally fight everything is fine. No need to limit rewards either, with the pvp-weekly events its easy enough to powerlevel pvp-exp and tokens, i don't see any reason to condemn in-guild premades.
    My expierience with in-guild 6vs6-teams is rather good, as most people know eachothers since a longer time and will have fun trying to kill eachothers. Perfect way to take revenge for that last item someone had a better roll/more dkp for.
    So I think basically either doing such events in-guild or setting a day+time per week to gather 12 or more people to do it with people from global is the way to go.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 1st April 2015 at 16:25.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Joining mini-games to learn PvP is, in my opinion, exactly like joining difficult 6man instances with no proper explanations nor voice come to learn. It's begging for frustration. Gear, sure it does matter, but if you know the game mechanics good enough and are comfortable with fast movement it can be overcome to some extent.
    When you want to PvE you have to invest time in learning the tactics and gearing up your toon. When you want to PvP you need to invest time in learning the mechanics and improving your dexterity/keybinds. Personnaly i've always found that part fun because i did it with friends. If you do it alone it's gonna be painful and you're going to get frustrated and frustrate other people.

The problem, in my opinion, is the lack of guild/groupe objectives when it comes to PvP (added to the general lack of motivation for organising anything). Why bother learning PvP with a groupe of friends when you're gonna spend most of your time PvPing in a PuG groupe in minis ? It's kind of pointless. Even for festival of blood events, joining pug groupes is usually as efficient and when it's not PuG vs PuG, it's often groupes of highly geared, experrienced and competent players there to fight. And it's once a month and there's little to intice participation.

When i started PvPing we would have every now and then some guild events to practice against each others with some minor balancing mechanisms to allow experrienced players and noobs to play together and have fun while practicing/improving. Fun, relaxed, and we ended up with a guild groupe who even though no where near the best teams on the server, could at least put up a decent fight against most foes (and as individuals do okay in pug minis).
    I really struggle to concieve learning PvP alone through PuG minis as something viable for a large chunk of players.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Thank you guys for the feedback, but you are kinda just speaking about PvP and I meant also PvE. Tbh, I have the feeling they don't really care about what we are saying anymore.

Well they send me restriction for using bad word. I think this is their main job coz i dont see they do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Thank you guys for the feedback, but you are kinda just speaking about PvP and I meant also PvE. Tbh, I have the feeling they don't really care about what we are saying anymore.
    They don't. They've shown extreme incompetence in the past and turned the most invested parts of AoC player base into a whiny/raging mass of disgruntled and disappointed people (those that still remain at least). And now they're ignoring these forums because dealing with that sort of people is basically impossible.

If FC sank, it'd be because they deserved to. They won't be sinking soon though, AoC will be here so long as FC's sugardaddy wants it going.

Also they're incapable of doing anything else, this is the best they can. No money=no manpower=no content=no money. Except maybe marketing. If they could've just learned what that means, maybe they could practice it one day when the stars are aligned right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Well they send me restriction for using bad word. I think this is their main job coz i dont see they do anything else.
    You even have to be careful with quoted and self censored "bad" words. On the other hand i see people bragging openly about their exploits and how they drive off people from the game or in case of a crom "celebrity" how good ESO is and how "dead" aoc is.

@cins: i basically agree, but after working in after sales myself, i know that dealing with such people is NOT impossible You just do not have to ignore them and have a structured work mechanic. You can never please all at once, but the "step by step" approach usually works and people notice there is someone who actually cares (as even happened here with several funcom employees).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd April 2015 at 12:28.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    They don't. They've shown extreme incompetence in the past and turned the most invested parts of AoC player base into a whiny/raging mass of disgruntled and disappointed people (those that still remain at least). And now they're ignoring these forums because dealing with that sort of people is basically impossible...
    I agree... Tbh, I don't like to QQ, I had and I'm still having a blast in AoC, it just makes me sad, that they don't care about the game that much anymore and I have the feeling that Funcom doesn't communicate with us that often anymore. Obviously, they cannot answer to everything we ask or QQ about, but in some cases it would be important. Example: the res "bug". I haven't seen any statement about it if it's a "feature" or bug, nor a comment about changing it. It's also something, what ppl are complaining about nonstop and it is a really annoying "feature", Funcom should admit it and could change it to please us. Sometimes I wish I could force them to play AoC as a normal player and see the problems we face every day.

This, this, this, AND this!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast