Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Funcom, pls help the newbies!

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Like Rathothis showed i would say that gear difference is still significant, specially weapons, but for sure you are competitive as pvp 4. Much bigger issue is AA for fresh chars. It takes a lot of time training to get basic pvp perks and some really makes difference. I think fresh chars should get 200 expertise points to get them started, with 80 you just dont get enough. Its specially annoying if you need silver class perk since those are crazily expensive.
    prowes gain should be nice regardless if you have quest for mini, or if you ended up tie and lost on kills, or even in JS because of its lenght.
    With this in mind, let me come back to progression:
    You almost do not get any AA xp by open world pvp or minis (in any case of first example, in case of loosing in the second). What gives you AA xp the most is winning the events, doing pve raids and to some extend winning minis. Just try it out with a new char (f2p even maybe!). In pve you can count in one or two AA levels just by reaching lvl80. PvPwise, you will probably not be close to even one lvl. PvEwise you keep getting constant influx of AA xp (rather unconditional just by playing the game except roleplaying or trolling), pvpwise it is still very limited as 80 unless you do certain things (conditional and dependant on a lot more than just active playing).
    If some critical conditions are not met, you can in theory stay below pvp4 for months or longer. All the time getting slaughtered without seeing any significant progress (because as some rightfully stated, gear does not matter as much when fights are big and chaotic). To see a visible survival bonus and choice option (run or fight? survive a concentrated attack without dying in 1s), you still need a lot of luck, grind and time.

I also agree with Rathotis: The gap should not be as high as it is now. It was a lot better 5 years ago and to compare now with a state 2 years ago (which was around the worst) is not much improvement. When revamping gear, they should have flattened the power curve in pvp, but instead they adapted the max power to the pve progress again and just made bigger steps. You should be able to see what i mean and what is wrong, if you take a look at power progression dependant of gear and of AA. I did it basically in another thread and it is not easy to do in ascii sadly, but i am sure you can figure it out by just looking and calculating values from stats at the tiers and calculate the time it takes with x hours a day of active play to get there (with seperating a curve for winning only (max) and loosing always (min)).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th April 2015 at 12:32.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345