Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: US Server

If the current contract is up for renewal I suggest FunCom first tries to make a deal with a datacenter om Iceland: Everybody equally (un)happy
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    If the current contract is up for renewal I suggest FunCom first tries to make a deal with a datacenter om Iceland: Everybody equally (un)happy
    Tbh Iceland is close to Europe and has a pretty good latency with most EU West/North countries. Greenland would be fairer

Good compromise would be a datacenter in Ireland or London IMO, 60-70ms to US East Coast.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Funcom is a Norwegian company, so servers closer to home would be in Norway, btw
    The office where they work on AoC, TSW, and AO is in the US (Durham, NC), not Norway, btw

But it used to be in Norway. GD used to be Norwegian as well etc. And the company itself is still Norwegian
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Checking funcom stocks should quickly help you draw the conclusion that yes, this company is still norwegian
    The "about us" page also brings a smile to the face.
    Last edited by SamHam; 1st April 2015 at 22:00.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345