Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Server

Default US Server

Hi.

I'm a long time sub of AoC.
    Sure I love the game and all, but there's one thing I don't get.
    Funcom moved the servers to the USA, but still 80-90% plays in the EU ? So our poor EU money isn't worth anything ?
    Here's a pick of a usual night around US "prime time" . Wait times going into the hours for EU players, just for a single minigame.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ro3UCHV.jpg

So.. Someone please remind me.. why do we accept 100+ ping to accomendate for the 5% population ? Why not give the people that actually play the game a godd experience ? Sounds like a good business plan to me.
    I'm pretty sure EU amsterdam centers are as cheap as US NYC datacenters.

/s
    turn on tune in drop out

Default US Server

/signed....
    [Group] [Invitmi]: HELP ME ****ING RETARDS [Group] [Demoterror]: I dont want to help u **** retards. that sounds disgusting

While I agree that more than 50% of the player base is adversely effected by having the servers in the US only, I think you greatly exaggerate with only 10% in the US. I work shift work, So I play at all hours of the day and night. US prime time is not THAT much slower than EU primetime. Just where do you get your metrics from?

And signed.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    While I agree that more than 50% of the player base is adversely effected by having the servers in the US only, I think you greatly exaggerate with only 10% in the US. I work shift work, So I play at all hours of the day and night. US prime time is not THAT much slower than EU primetime. Just where do you get your metrics from?
    Isn't it a fact that there's only like a couple of active US (raiding) guilds left? E.g. according to the Crom raid progression post, 20 guilds have downed Yakhmar, afaik only one of those is US and one is mostly Oceanic with some Americans.

If servers would be in EU many EU players who quit, will be playing again. I knew tens who quit coz of horrible experience in PvP after server's move.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    If servers would be in EU many EU players who quit, will be playing again. I knew tens who quit coz of horrible experience in PvP after server's move.
    I know ton of players that quit too. And asks me from time to time of the lag have gotten any better.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Well we all know it was done exclusively for cost reasons, as they had more than enough capacity in the US after TSW failed big time.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

They can't even click the "open transfers" button and you guys are expecting them to move their whole server infrastructure again? Lol
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Isn't it a fact that there's only like a couple of active US (raiding) guilds left? E.g. according to the Crom raid progression post, 20 guilds have downed Yakhmar, afaik only one of those is US and one is mostly Oceanic with some Americans.
    and isnt it also a fact that theres more to the game than t5 raiding?

your fact is sad, btw. when t6 comes out i'm sure it'll only be 10 guilds that can kill a t6 boss.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast