Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Character Threats

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    It does seem that these sorts of games are wildly tilted in favor of group play, but I like playing solo with, perhaps, a smattering of off the cuff, spur of the moment teaming.

As a result, epic areas are waaaay off limits for me.
    By design, they are meant to be that way. I can only put emphasis on Chaman-Bourru's answer : Sometime you want to play with a good friend, and playing on regular mode is just boring as hell. You just steamroll everything without challenge. Epic mode are designed for these situation, they are not meant to be played solo. And if you don't want to play in group, that's not a problem since doing the different area in epic mode isn't required for anything, you aren't missing any content per se (Group quest and Group dungeon is another story, I'm just speaking about the regular playfield such as Thunder River, Ymir's Pass, or White Sand)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Yeah, I tried White Sands in epic mode and a cakewalk turned into a murderous gauntlet. I mean, how can any solo player take that sort of thing on without being ungodly more powerful than the normal version of the epic characters?

It does seem that these sorts of games are wildly tilted in favor of group play, but I like playing solo with, perhaps, a smattering of off the cuff, spur of the moment teaming.

As a result, epic areas are waaaay off limits for me.
    Epic instances are NOT supposed for one player, they are supposed for a GROUP. An single player on that level will never be able to kill solo a boss or mob there. For solo players the normal instances are easy enough to proceed in the game.

If you are playing this game with some friends / guildmembers you CAN choose epic mode for a more difficult challange. With a group in a normal instance you almost kill everything instantly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12