Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message to old players (and new ones maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianGirl View Post
    Being a fairly new player, I have to think that the OP is part of the problem hes emo-raging about...but thats just me I guess. Its not that "new players" don't do whats expected of them, maybe they don't KNOW what to do...did you ever stop to think that your "new players are n00bs" attitude is the kind of garbage rage that chases new players away? Something I learned in other MMOs doing PUGS is that the only thing you really control in a PUG is...YOU.
    OP isn't calling new players noobs, he's saying that's what they get called by "da pro's" and I know what he means from reading global every evening. It's jam packed full of PVP players, apparently barely out of puberty, throwing insults at each other. That's hardly likely to encourage people to try PVP.
    The fact is there's this little rump of players who think they're so elite they can trash each other and everyone else who they don't think good enough. They then complain about lack of numbers playing PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced-Hoofer View Post
    I think it was abit of a rage post, But i do have to agree in some extent i have returned to the game after 3 year break to find no one wants new players in groups...
    Err. I am sure that is not true. When people ask for AA/XP/Gear, that means that they do need some essential AA skills (Resolve or hit rating, for example, for some HMs), basic understanding of the fight (that means, you have read the tactics), and gear should not be the one that makes others carry you through (there are some people in level-30 gear trying to get into HMs!) Otherwise, we have daily guild runs or PVP for you. Poke me or others who start those and name the ones you need!

You can also (and I am sure that other guilds can do that) create an event on our raid planner, and people will gladly sign up (or help).

Also, "AA/XP/Gear" may also mean that the leader is inexperienced and needs help with some explanations of the tactics (once, we were learning Ai tacics, and we asked for XP to get some tips).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 27th March 2015 at 07:13.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I can only speak from a pve point of view but there is something I wanted to emphasize: many of the so called ''proes'' or '' veterans'' dont even know the proper tactics for most of the encounters.

I have a few examples, even concerning easy fights such as T1 Kiliki's champion (where some leaders ask for no holy damage or simply have no clue how the curse works) or even in flames reliquary where I see people stopping dps in hopes for not gettig hit by burnskin.

Thing is, those guys are 100% sure of what they're doing. I find it funny to be called a noob or a poor player who doesnt deserve his T5 gear By those guys.

Anyway, on Crom, if you see me, Umahn, looking for members, don't hesitate to join and tell me if you have no exp. Most of the tactics take less than a minute to explain.

By the way I also would like to talk about how tactics are explained (when they are). There are two ways: first you can explain everything in details and the guys will probably forget half of your speech. OR you can tell the guy his role and explain that there is more to know but he will get the rest from his own experience.
    What I want to say is: if you you explain 10000 things to a new guy, it would be silly to expect anything from him. Just remember how long it took you to fully underdtand all the details back when YOU were the noob.
    Last edited by MisterClean; 27th March 2015 at 12:58.

I agree, its no problem With New ppl in Groups, it just Depends what Your doing. And if ppl dont have time to use a couple of mins to explain what happends at a boss before charging in if a New player is along, they are not realy good at leading Groups. How can we expect New players to learn if they never get the chance. And i have noticed this trend With ppl leaving raids after 2 wipes lately to. And is just idiotic, i can remember a time we used 4 hours doing kylliki in pug raid, With countless wipes, and most ppl stayed to the end. Some of the blues from xiba is in fact some of the best prot parts you can use for imp, combat, so i dont understand wy he kicked you, A few of those pieces is wonderfull for pure prot fights, they can make you reatch 62% prot, something that is not possible With faction gear.

I am also available for helping if someone needs me and im free, and i dont care what lvl the instance or raid is, and im willing to explain if needed as long as i dont have to lead(i burnt out on leading a couple of thousands hms ago), i have all tiers done most weeks(most of the time on all 3 of the Carrs i play), even if i dont need anything below t4. Raids are fun and social, at least they should be, and helping others, it be Guilds or pugs, is helping keeping this game alive. uberness is not helping in that regard.

If Your New and find ppl that dont stress and take time to explain, add them to Your friendslist, if you get ragekicked from a Group because you did a error noone told you about, ignore them, they are not fun to play With anyway.
    Koraile, dark templar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    OP isn't calling new players noobs, he's saying that's what they get called by "da pro's" and I know what he means from reading global every evening. It's jam packed full of PVP players, apparently barely out of puberty, throwing insults at each other. That's hardly likely to encourage people to try PVP.
    The fact is there's this little rump of players who think they're so elite they can trash each other and everyone else who they don't think good enough. They then complain about lack of numbers playing PVP.
    If thats the case then he and everyone else has my apologies for misunderstanding the context.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123