Thread: Sound USB

Default Sound USB

Hi I have headphones Razer Kraken 7.1 USB, I have connected them and does not work, I have tried different settings and nothing, is there any solution?

USB can be tricky. I had a G35 that I got frustrated with..

Make sure the correct playback device is set as default under Sound properties.

In patcher and game options, set the sound to auto on both places. When you restart the game then you should have in game sound.

I bought 3.5mm jack headphones to avoid this problem.

Can confirm that USB is tricky - and spooky! I use a Sennheiser PC333D G4ME and it worked quite well over the past months. I didn't play AoC now for a couple of weeks and after returning now I found out that I only got sound during the intro; after entering the character screen it's completely silent. I checked sound properties, switched them off an on, restarted my machine, checked whether AoC appears in the sound mixer, changed stereo and surround settings ... everything - but no sound after entering the character screen. Spooky - because a few weeks ago it worked without any problems. Maybe an issue with one of the last updates / patches?

EDIT after 3 hours: While writing this post I had another crazy idea and I removed the driver for my USB headset, rebooted my machine, re-installed the driver and ... now it works again - don't ask me why!
    Last edited by Amuthon; 19th March 2015 at 11:57.

I've done the same as you and now if I have sound, thanks friend

Quote Originally Posted by Amakussa View Post
    I've done the same as you and now if I have sound, thanks friend
    Once we meet you can shout a beer for me!