Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Combojumping - Exploit or not?

Question Combojumping - Exploit or not?

I saw this guy in global today QQ'ing about people jumping and doing combos at the same time, and apparently he Thinks this is an exploit. Even if we have not gotten a confirmation from Funcom that combojumping is an exploit or not, i Think most of us PvP'ers know it's NOT an exploit. Edit by Anzu: We'll wait for an official word on this.
    I Think we all know that is not an exploit but rather a game mechanic.
    Please give me your thoughts on this.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th March 2015 at 15:01.
    Beep boop.

It's neither an exploit , nor a game mechanic . It's a sideeffect . People are gonna complain about it if they dont know how to do it , and are gonna "exploit" it if they pocess some basic aoc knowledge .
    Doing it gives you an advantage , especially against people who got high lattency , you manage to jump in space so they miss their combos on you most likely since they see you performing a small teleport .
    BUT , to do this requires a certain talent (an average talent , but yet...) . To do it repeatidly on every combo , it requieres even more talent (given your lattency is low also) and a huge amount of energy (yea , its tyresome , specially if you perform it 2 continents away from the server) .

So to get over with this , do it if you feel like it and let them QQ , they cant touch you and even if they petition you , nothing's gonna happen. You actually do something that anybody can do , so its up to anybody to decide for himself only , and no individual can decide the use / no use of it from another individual . There's a pretty obvious difference b2n combojumping and comboskipping which I believe most veterans can see in terms of perfomence-quality.

If you choose to do it , well ,expect some hate tells , some nerdrage and some global insult attempts
    Choose not to do it , and still you can parse as high as you'd parse while doing it in the kills-score , but with less style
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Chriscause! Good to see u back! In what server are u playing now?
    Niaha - Assassin pvp 10
    Itana - Ranger pvp 6
    Itanhox - Hox pvp 8
    Norvege - BS pvp 6

Funcom will not confirm or deny exploits.. You will never get an official answer on this I guess . Only problem it makes it might desynch your character a little bit but meh. No big deal but you should try jump skip EVERY COMBO like treehox
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I mostly play on Crom now.
    Beep boop.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    It's neither an exploit , nor a game mechanic . It's a sideeffect . People are gonna complain about it if they dont know how to do it , and are gonna "exploit" it if they pocess some basic aoc knowledge .
    Doing it gives you an advantage , especially against people who got high lattency , you manage to jump in space so they miss their combos on you most likely since they see you performing a small teleport .
    BUT , to do this requires a certain talent (an average talent , but yet...) . To do it repeatidly on every combo , it requieres even more talent (given your lattency is low also) and a huge amount of energy (yea , its tyresome , specially if you perform it 2 continents away from the server) .

So to get over with this , do it if you feel like it and let them QQ , they cant touch you and even if they petition you , nothing's gonna happen. You actually do something that anybody can do , so its up to anybody to decide for himself only , and no individual can decide the use / no use of it from another individual . There's a pretty obvious difference b2n combojumping and comboskipping which I believe most veterans can see in terms of perfomence-quality.

If you choose to do it , well ,expect some hate tells , some nerdrage and some global insult attempts
    Choose not to do it , and still you can parse as high as you'd parse while doing it in the kills-score , but with less style
    Lol. The talent to exploit the system makes you king of pvp in this game. Yeah. It's a ****ing abortion of a game mode, and it's been done MUCH better in so many other games. OH well...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscause View Post
    I saw this guy in global today QQ'ing about people jumping and doing combos at the same time, and apparently he Thinks this is an exploit. Even if we have not gotten a confirmation from Funcom that combojumping is an exploit or not, i Think most of us PvP'ers know it's NOT an exploit. Edit by Anzu: We'll wait for an official word on this.
    I Think we all know that is not an exploit but rather a game mechanic.
    Please give me your thoughts on this.
    It's quite clearly an exploit.

Not just that it looks absolutely rubbish for immersion into the game, you can use this BUG from the apparent fix of combo-skipping (which is fixed and you cannot get full damage from this skipping anymore which is a good thing so please don't moderate me as that's an ancient thing )

This isn't an intentional "Game Mechanic" it's a bug occurs very easily when combining some key presses together, and it's not hard after 5 minutes it becomes reflex...
    Funcom should be ashamed that they don't focus on addressing these things.
    As for it being "skill" based, whether an exploit is skill based or not doesn't alter the fact it is, in fact, an exploit.

Finally whether you do it or not, don't be ignorant to the fact that the definition of an exploit is exactly that, using an unintentional game bug from any form of mechanic that results in the misuse of said bug and as such breaks EULA and basically results in you being a douche that tries to justify it to try and keep said advantage...
    It works well for some classes, I am going to try making my argument within the rules not tell you HOW to do it but why it should be fixed is that currently it makes people teleport from where they were on your screen and they land their combo on you whilst simultaneously moving AWAY from aoe cc or dps etc.

I hope the moderators don't think I'm trying get people to do this, it IS an advantageous thing to use as it makes (especially barbs) nearly impossible to hit especially if said class has a speed boost active... servers can't keep up already anyways but this exacerbates the problem.
    The main problem for me is actually that jumping should also remove sprint-bar, and 2*that drain while sprint jumping. As people exploit the bunny hop changing direction already and then you can do that with this exploit.

Fix it.
    We're paying customers.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    It's quite clearly an exploit.

Not just that it looks absolutely rubbish for immersion into the game, you can use this BUG from the apparent fix of combo-skipping (which is fixed and you cannot get full damage from this skipping anymore which is a good thing so please don't moderate me as that's an ancient thing )

This isn't an intentional "Game Mechanic" it's a bug occurs very easily when combining some key presses together, and it's not hard after 5 minutes it becomes reflex...
    Funcom should be ashamed that they don't focus on addressing these things.
    As for it being "skill" based, whether an exploit is skill based or not doesn't alter the fact it is, in fact, an exploit.

Finally whether you do it or not, don't be ignorant to the fact that the definition of an exploit is exactly that, using an unintentional game bug from any form of mechanic that results in the misuse of said bug and as such breaks EULA and basically results in you being a douche that tries to justify it to try and keep said advantage...
    It works well for some classes, I am going to try making my argument within the rules not tell you HOW to do it but why it should be fixed is that currently it makes people teleport from where they were on your screen and they land their combo on you whilst simultaneously moving AWAY from aoe cc or dps etc.

I hope the moderators don't think I'm trying get people to do this, it IS an advantageous thing to use as it makes (especially barbs) nearly impossible to hit especially if said class has a speed boost active... servers can't keep up already anyways but this exacerbates the problem.
    The main problem for me is actually that jumping should also remove sprint-bar, and 2*that drain while sprint jumping. As people exploit the bunny hop changing direction already and then you can do that with this exploit.

Fix it.
    We're paying customers.
    Bravo! You took the words out of my mouth

Sure this is not the first game to have certain issues that can be taken advantage off, but there is too much of this lame stuff going on. Like if there is something that ticks me off, it's people going in hide/leaving as soon as things are not going to plan.

It should not be possible to do these things but it is. That doesn't mean it's allright to do.

Best moments in aoc pvp imho is when everybody gets stuck in, in a big fight and nobody wants to back down
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Can someone explain for us idiots what combo jumping is?
    And/or it's purpose.
    Last edited by gcustoms; 17th March 2015 at 16:18.

Probably a good idea to not explain that in a open thread.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast