Thread: The Vale of Lost Women

Default The Vale of Lost Women

Is there a bug in part I, when one finds Ramesha? Twice now, when I respond in her dialog by clicking #1, the game hangs. When I first got to her, someone else was engaged with her, though I was still able to fight the boss and kill, before interacting with her. I thought, perhaps, it couldn't handle both of us so I shut down the game and restarted it. Appearing in the room as I started up my character, the boss was still gone but the game hung again when I tried to interact with Ramesha.

I had my character hide, restarted the game and now the boss is here, but can't see me. I can kill it again, but I'm guessing the game will hang again when I try to converse with Ramesha.

Anyone know about a problem here?

Default Petition

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Is there a bug in part I, when one finds Ramesha? Twice now, when I respond in her dialog by clicking #1, the game hangs. When I first got to her, someone else was engaged with her, though I was still able to fight the boss and kill, before interacting with her. I thought, perhaps, it couldn't handle both of us so I shut down the game and restarted it. Appearing in the room as I started up my character, the boss was still gone but the game hung again when I tried to interact with Ramesha.

I had my character hide, restarted the game and now the boss is here, but can't see me. I can kill it again, but I'm guessing the game will hang again when I try to converse with Ramesha.

Ramesha just doesn't like to talk...You will need to petition a GM to move your quest forward for you...

K

It is indeed a known bug that when you talk to one of the women (don't remember the name but might well be Ramesha) the game hangs.
    Petition a GM to help you.

(Unlike some of the other known quest bugs, this one at least did not "just appear" suddenly, but was introduced after they did some revamps on that quest - including adding some variation in the responses from the women.
    On the other hand it has been a year and a half since that change, so there should have been plenty of time to find and fix this bug.)

Bugged since forever. I don't know why they don't fix this. Embarassing.

Afaik Ramesha is bugged because her first answer is actually the answer of one of the other women. (can't remember which)
    Script is not advanced beyond that point, GM has to come in and advance it for you.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Thanx, all, for the responses. I think I killed that boss three more times before I gave up on it.

This is the second bugged quest I've encountered. The other is that chest that can't be opened in the Field of the Dead or some such.

When I win the lottery, I'll have to send FunCom a few hundred thousand or so to get them to clean up the bugs.

Default Don't forget to petition

Thanx, all, for the responses. I think I killed that boss three more times before I gave up on it.

This is the second bugged quest I've encountered. The other is that chest that can't be opened in the Field of the Dead or some such.

When I win the lottery, I'll have to send FunCom a few hundred thousand or so to get them to clean up the bugs.
    I really do recommend that people petition the GMs on these quests (FotD chest, Ramesha, etc.) I haven't had to wait long, usually...the GMs have been extremely nice and have advanced the quest. There was one time when I had 4 alts that I moved through FotD, and basically I got them all to the chest quest and then petitioned one after another to get it moved forward...I think the GMs went above the call of duty in the case...probably should have banned me for being a pain...

Anyway...that's my opinion...

Ciao!

K
    Last edited by Karla; 16th March 2015 at 16:29. Reason: correct grammar

To tell the truth, I could not for the life of me remember the "/petition" command. I had vaguely recalled something as I was trying to figure out what was going on and it wasn't until I saw the answers in this thread that the little, "oh yeah!", light went off.

At the same time, I remembered that I'd used it long ago to get past that chest quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Karla View Post
    I really do recommend that people petition the GMs on these quests (FotD chest, Ramesha, etc.) I haven't had to wait long, usually...the GMs have been extremely nice and have advanced the quest. There was one time when I had 4 alts that I moved through FotD, and basically I got them all to the chest quest and then petitioned one after another to get it moved forward...I think the GMs went above the call of duty in the case...probably should have banned me for being a pain...

Anyway...that's my opinion...

Ciao!

K
    There's really no point in petitioning them, the xp from a single quest isn't worth the potential wait required, and afaik they aren't needed for the zone quest achievement (that would be embarrassing to say the least).

The fact that the bugged quest in Eiglophian got fixed last patch gives me a little hope that these might too, however long they've been broken.

As I recall, they were pretty quick to respond when I needed that chest quest fixed. I guess it probably depends an awful lot on their workload and how many might be on at a particular time.