Thread: tribrid NF spec vs new gelid reani/NF spec

Default tribrid NF spec vs new gelid reani/NF spec

Hey guys n gals....was wondering if any of you have had any success (better or preffered) with the new gelid bones builds, and if so what makes it = to or better than the traditional Nightfall tribrid builds?

What are its strong points?
    Do you go far enough down to take ritual of liche?
    Was Gelid's co-efficient changed and now does better damage?
    Do you stay with improved chill dmg in reani and rest NF?
    Do you drop reani and put those points into Gen?
    Do you prefer Licheform or CB/DoN AA with gelid builds?

Thanks in advance! you guys have been most helpful in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysthammer View Post
    Hey guys n gals....was wondering if any of you have had any success (better or preffered) with the new gelid bones builds, and if so what makes it = to or better than the traditional Nightfall tribrid builds?

What are its strong points?
    Do you go far enough down to take ritual of liche?
    Was Gelid's co-efficient changed and now does better damage?
    Do you stay with improved chill dmg in reani and rest NF?
    Do you drop reani and put those points into Gen?
    Do you prefer Licheform or CB/DoN AA with gelid builds?

Is this for PVE or PVP?
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Is this for PVE or PVP?
    mostly for PvP Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Krysthammer View Post

What are its strong points? Mainly the strongest point is the touch of winter snare. It is a moderate length snare with works well when combined with stun etc. (Use it when global CD is down).
    Do you go far enough down to take ritual of liche? I wouldn't recommend it honestly. You sacrifice too many points for an ability which is perfectly fine, but is simply on too high of a cool-down to be used enough.
    Was Gelid's co-efficient changed and now does better damage? As far as I know the co-efficient stayed the same; however, an AA slot was changed to now increase damage to gelid bones.
    Do you stay with improved chill dmg in reani and rest NF? This is how I do it: http://aocfeats.com/feat/necro/12913...46301469015182
    The improved chill damage is too much to give up imo.

Do you drop reani and put those points into Gen? [B]To run the Gelid build you need no points in General (which is the builds biggest downfall).
    Do you prefer Licheform or CB/DoN AA with gelid builds? I prefer CB/DoN ONLY if you have CB maxed out, for most newer players I recommend getting Lich first because it takes much less time, and decreases unholy damage which helps when you are low geared.

Perfect, that is my forte Little background on me I've got a PVP 10 Necro, know a good bit of stuff but take everything I say with a grain of salt. Honestly after a while of playing Gelid, while it is viable, I find that I prefer the classic tribuild which makes you much more mobile with purge, more tanky with extra prot/armor, and deal more damage with the extra magic damage modifier. I am also PVP 10 which means basically any build can be viable, but in my humble opinion I wouldn't recommend Gelid build for any player under PVP 4 or new at all tbh. Cheers!
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Perfect, that is my forte Little background on me I've got a PVP 10 Necro, know a good bit of stuff but take everything I say with a grain of salt. Honestly after a while of playing Gelid, while it is viable, I find that I prefer the classic tribuild which makes you much more mobile with purge, more tanky with extra prot/armor, and deal more damage with the extra magic damage modifier. I am also PVP 10 which means basically any build can be viable, but in my humble opinion I wouldn't recommend Gelid build for any player under PVP 4 or new at all tbh. Cheers!
    awesome response, thanks for taking the time