Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DT crit question

Quote Originally Posted by woodcarver74 View Post
    Well... Id advice you to get leggs, medium hands and shoulders and chest and belt, these are accesories you will have good use for in different settups. And dread, the dread can be immensly usefull some Places, i can tank one add, and pull another With the dread and let it keep it occupied until i have killed the first one. Its a tool to be used, and it can be wery good when used smartly.
    i tank thoth lower in tali specc, 55% mitigation and a base dps of ca 400, and no dread needed. I have used some time to find the right specc and gear settup ofc. You can do abouth anything With a dt if you use the time to figure out good balances for the different fights, i even switch speccs and gear and feats during combat in some fights. The last ardashir fort i was in i tanked and was topp dps, topp damage taken and i outhealed both the pom and bs in Group. But i have probably respecced 500-600 times and played around a lott to figure out what Works With how i play.

With dt its all abouth Balance between gear, specc and playstyle and Your role in the Group or raid. And who you are tanking With if Your tanking.

And my crit chance in dps specc is between 24-25
    Koraile you know I kiss the ground you have walked on But to survive Arbanus with 55% of mitigation and 400 base dps with tali specc you need that the other tanks are as geared and skilled as you or it's easy kissing the floor. Pretty sure a DT in tali spec with tiger gear in a pug lower floor is a dead man or has to hold himself half of the fight. Or be lucky and find these new DTs almost full t5 gear that are walking around making me blush
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Koraile you know I kiss the ground you have walked on But to survive Arbanus with 55% of mitigation and 400 base dps with tali specc you need that the other tanks are as geared and skilled as you or it's easy kissing the floor. Pretty sure a DT in tali spec with tiger gear in a pug lower floor is a dead man or has to hold himself half of the fight. Or be lucky and find these new DTs almost full t5 gear that are walking around making me blush
    Ha ha, good answer, thanks. Im not that good, i play like a noob some Nights to as everyone else :P. And Your right ofc, in that setting he will probably end up dead. that is something you need experienced co tanks to do,and you need to know what giving up aggro means.
    What i ment is that theese are Nice parts to get, but start slowly mixing them into the gearsettup,combine it With Heavy parts like LL, black dragon and so on, to slowly rise Your crit rate, you will loose survivability, but as they get more experienced it gets easyer to Balance it and Learning to adapt to the tanks you tank With and the Group/raid Your in.
    I have always buildt my dt With physical, tigers ll, strenght,crit,hit, and have always preffered that to wisdom gear, that makes you wery squishy. Some pyjama dts are wery good, but a smal misstake and they are dead, its like jumping in parachute
    Now, i have wery good gear and have used ages to get the exactly right parts to combine for different fights. And i must admitt i am not the tank With highest aggropull all the time, but rather maintain a survivable Balance that you can actualy tank With for at leasta vile if a co-tank go Down.
    Anyway, a Balance between hate increase gear and critt that work, thats what you have to find, to mutch hate gear is not good either, it have to be a Balance, i can get to 18% hate but With that loss of crittrating i have lesser aggro than With a hate at 14-15% and more crittating.

At the moment i find that 2 types of dpseccs work well for me, With t4 mainparts, tiger and strengt,crit and hit rings nec ect, one is pure desecration specc without any Points in tali, meaning its a sword and Shield dps specc and not realy a tali specc, still need goad and cunning and a few other in general, id say 16 Points.No prob tanking zodiak With it.
    The other is pure tali specc, all the way up, no dooming presence. With goad and cunning. few Points in ironskin and/or impd def stance. Still abouth 16 Points in general. This Works for me, but might be horrible for others, its simply a try and and learn road

I Guess its the reason im so fond of the dt class
    Koraile, dark templar.

At the moment i find that 2 types of dpseccs work well for me, With t4 mainparts, tiger and strengt,crit and hit rings nec ect, one is pure desecration specc without any Points in tali, meaning its a sword and Shield dps specc and not realy a tali specc, still need goad and cunning and a few other in general, id say 16 Points.No prob tanking zodiak With it.
    The other is pure tali specc, all the way up, no dooming presence. With goad and cunning. few Points in ironskin and/or impd def stance. Still abouth 16 Points in general. This Works for me, but might be horrible for others, its simply a try and and learn road

I Guess its the reason im so fond of the dt class
    This is wonderful where you don't need the DS. http://is.gd/4ValFP With lower gear pick improve devensive stance rather than sustained rage.
    This is my standard go-to DS spec: http://is.gd/qWOvlX and the same applies to lower gear.
    Kharon, Louhi, Thoth Amon, Emperor and Entity spec: http://is.gd/STLyWi

According to your 14-18% hate, thats definitely with Pestilence, yeah? Because in Arms you'll rarely have more than 10-11% without reducing hit and crit ratings.

Gear takes enormous amount of time to collect all the right parts for a DT. Heaviest competition for Tears in T4. The talisman and shield drop from Emperor, which is killed more rarely now than before the split of T4.

Relic of the Oyster Mucus should be a priority for all DTs though. That thing is just pure awesomeness in protection fights.

And my crit chance in dps specc is between 24-25
    That is with the crit potion. You can get above 26% with the right bits and a Conqueror in group. And if a PoM use Manifestation of Mitra.
    Last edited by Shax84; 4th April 2015 at 13:40.

I liked that dread specc, im going to test something like that out.

And yes, its in pestilence ofc, and loads of hateincrease gear, and not Worth it.

And yes, With crit potts, i didnt think of it, it just gets a habbit afther a wile
    Koraile, dark templar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12