Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barb, combo rotations+abilities for 1h and 2h

Default Barb, combo rotations+abilities for 1h and 2h

So, tell me what do you think about these rotations:

2h-Reaver stance: Upheaval/Cyclone of Steel X/Whirlwind IV/Wreck Armor I/Wreck Armor II/Wreck Armor II
    Abbilities: Abilities: Too many to count, Haste, Dance of Death, Armageddon Falls, Overpower, Impale, Savage Fury, Excelent Balance, Blitz, Willes.

Is ok the combo order? Would you help me with Abbilities activation order? Would be this order ok? : Impale, Too many to count, Haste, Dance of Death, Armageddon Falls, Overpower, Savage Fury

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1h-Berserker stance: Clobber IV/Stunning Punch IV/Butcher X
    Abbilities: Eath Shatter,Impale, Too many to count, Haste, Dance of Death, Armageddon Falls, Overpower, Savage Fury

It's ok?
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

A Reaver build is not locked to using two 1H weapons. A Berserker build is not locked to using a 2H weapon.

The key to mastering Barbarian is weapon swapping. Make a keybind for "R" or "Shift+R" or some similarity where you drag down weapon swap from your abilities pane.

Also, make some easy to reach keybinds for Impale, Dance of Death, Haste, Armageddon Falls, Savage Fury and Too Many To Count. I have these on >ZXCVB on the left hotbar. Easy to reach by just pulling your left hand slightly towards you and activating 4-5 of the abilities at once.

Rotation depends on your targets. Will the fight last long enough for your Wreck Armor debuffs to be worth while spamming? Do you have a single target fight, or is it multiple enemies? Are they stunnable?

Variation depending on the fights. Jagged Cut is good to use, highest rank always. Whirlwind is rarely good, only use when shields are wide open that direction. Wreck Armor as dps combo with Shrapnel feated, if not, don't bother to use it.

I tend to charge in, then use Stunning Punch or Clobber. Strafe around the mob while I preload Upheaval or Wreck Armor, hitting Impale and Dance of Death before the finisher of the combo towards the non shielded side of the mob.

Burn cooldowns whenever you want to increase dps. Which is always.

Berserkers do Staggering Blow, Decapitation, Upheaval, repeat as they come off cooldown. Use the same keybinds >ZXCVB for Rampaging Horde, Thirst for Blood + the reaver buffs.

Ok, so I will use this for Berserker defensive build: http://aocfeats.com/feat/barb/1121dd...9018694006926e
    And the rotation you say.

And this one for Reaver (having a bit of Berserker, because all with reaver and some general is not good as you said): http://aocfeats.com/feat/barb/1121dd...dcf81d90c1dd58 with this rotation: Upheaval, Cyclone X, Jagged Cut IV, Wreck I, II, III

Its ok?
    Last edited by Meleagro; 9th March 2015 at 23:10.
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Another question: some tips of when I have to swap weapons? I mean, when should I go with 2h plus their combos and when with 1 and their combos?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

don't take it bad, but.... those specs are weird (at best)...

you don't need to feat both blood insanity and ferocity in the same spec, because you won't change stance during the fight!!
    you may want either one or the other. reaver for dps, blood rage for survivability.

if you want an aoe dps spec, i'd go with this: link

while if you want a dps spec for 2h, i'd pick something like this: link

and... if you want a survivability spec, use something like this: link

i have to say i disagree also with shax about one thing: use your wreck armor!! don't count always on others to debuff the target!!
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 10th March 2015 at 12:43.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Another question: some tips of when I have to swap weapons? I mean, when should I go with 2h plus their combos and when with 1 and their combos?
    if you have a 1h based spec, switch to 2h only for cc's!!

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i have to say i disagree also with shax about one thing: use your wreck armor!! don't count always on others to debuff the target!!
    Hey mate. In his other thread which you also replied he is all about solo content. When Wreck Armor is feated with Shrapnel, it is a good dps combo. But when fighting solo content, you'll rarely reach 5 stacks of debuffs before the mob is dead, and would die faster by nuking it down.

Both Insanity and Ferocity is feated because he has the option to swap before a fight that would be tougher than other fights where Reaver would be as good or better. Taking base of that he has two specs which is default, one of them should have Ferocity feated. The point was to not make the Berserker build so specialized that he would have to swap to do any dps at all.

don't take it bad, but.... those specs are weird (at best)...
    Look again... Here is a player who want to survive more - thus give him more tools in a build. Specialized builds are not the solution for him.
    if you want an aoe dps spec, i'd go with this: link
    Yeah, that one is good. But not much towards survivability there.
    while if you want a dps spec for 2h, i'd pick something like this: link
    Taking Rampage over Hammer and Anvil is debatable...
    and... if you want a survivability spec, use something like this: link
    You pasted the Berserker dps build twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Do you know what crowd control is? I'll take it from scratch since I don't know if you are a complete new player.

Stun: If a combo, ability or spell does the Stun effect, the mob will be frozen in place for the duration of the stun. He can not attack you or move.
    Knockback: If a combo, ability or spell does the Knockback effect, the mob will be pushed backwards, and spending some time getting ready to attack again.

The Barbarian has Stuns and Knockbacks.

Stunning Punch: Stuns the target and some extra mobs if they are within reach.
    Earth Shatter: Stuns everyone within 2H reach area of effect self centered.
    No Escape: Throws your weapon away and stuns one single target. You get the weapon back magically after the stun is done.
    Clobber: Knockback.
    Scatter Field: Knockback.

Use these combos. They are more the key to survive hard solo encounters than any armor or spec is. How many crowd controls you need, depend on how you pull and what you fight.
    Last edited by Shax84; 10th March 2015 at 11:02.

I know what stun means...Not a new player,but relatively new regarding some questions and want to be sure regarding other ones. Mainly because I was really never into builds. The build I had,was one that a barb from my ex-guild told me long time ago. What I want is,of course,to have more suvaibility. So Im gonna use the specs I posted and you told me. That mix of reaver and berserker you said will be my main,combining with the rotations I posted. I will use this more for groups and raids.

The other one,the defensive berserker,I will use it for solo repeatables,ds,apostate,turan,etc,etc

I guess its ok now?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Got a warning for spam in this thread, heh!

The hybrid one with blood rage should do fine in most areas. Just try them and see how it works compared to what you have. Very importantly on Barbarians is having hotkeys/keybinds so you can use buffs and abilities quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Hey mate. In his other thread which you also replied he is all about solo content. When Wreck Armor is feated with Shrapnel, it is a good dps combo. But when fighting solo content, you'll rarely reach 5 stacks of debuffs before the mob is dead, and would die faster by nuking it down.
    ok... i thought he was asking for both, solo and group content....

well... in this case i would just go with blood rage for the same reason: you will kill the mob long before you get enough reaver stacks to make it profitable, and with blood rage you can keep your health up more easily, which means that you will also be able to attack the next group of mobs faster....

Both Insanity and Ferocity is feated because he has the option to swap before a fight that would be tougher than other fights where Reaver would be as good or better. Taking base of that he has two specs which is default, one of them should have Ferocity feated. The point was to not make the Berserker build so specialized that he would have to swap to do any dps at all.

Look again... Here is a player who want to survive more - thus give him more tools in a build. Specialized builds are not the solution for him.
    if his goal is to survive more, there is nothing better than blood rage and the welcoming death path...

Yeah, that one is good. But not much towards survivability there.
    sure. in fact this a group build... also, no need of -hate feats for solo content....

Taking Rampage over Hammer and Anvil is debatable...
    probably you're right... i don't have much experience with 2h builds...

You pasted the Berserker dps build twice.
    my fault... i was in hurry... fixed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast