Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Game Director Letter - March

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolf View Post
    They will be inspired by TSW when it comes to this additional Weapons stuff i guess.
    I took this as using some of the weapons (fist weapons) and considering the limited resource would use some of the existing animations.

My mistake if that was not intended.

I don't want to see AoC's great combo system replaced with what TSW uses. That was a neat concept, but I found the game play to be lackluster (which is too bad as it has some great quests and atmosphere).
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

New weapon types aren't going to happen....
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Thank you Joel, for the patience you had with the forum crowd, and for the good things you brought to this game. As far as we could see you were a fine captain of the AoC-ship, although you had not the ressources we wish you had. You and your team focused on smaller, doable things, and delivered, almost on time. I had the feeling that the GD befor you spread his ressources and the team worked on many diffenent things that never saw live. Good job.

Talking about weapons and new combos and AAs is fine, but...this thread went up to 9 pages and no one recognized that we don't have a GD anymore? I mean, normaly when the old guy leaves he presents the new guy and that one says hello, but here...the GDs duties were handed off to various people on the live team...? That we don't have a GD any more concernes me more than possible weapon changes and so on.

And my question to Sezmra is: Will there be an opportunity for us to take part in the community updates? A long time ago there where some threads about what we would like to know, which question we would like someone to talk to devs about. Can you take us along when you decide what you will write about? Like, a thread where you ask what topic we would like to get news about, and you chose the three most urgend questions? Somethig like that would be much appriciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Talking about weapons and new combos and AAs is fine, but...this thread went up to 9 pages and no one recognized that we don't have a GD anymore? I mean, normaly when the old guy leaves he presents the new guy and that one says hello, but here...the GDs duties were handed off to various people on the live team...? That we don't have a GD any more concernes me more than possible weapon changes and so on.
    That's a true problem, indeed. Such a lack of communication is really disappointing. GD release a letter stating that he change positions in the company, leaving us with somes ambiguous assumptions (Did he left AoC for good, Does Joel still have a word to say on the game direction ? Is it permanent ? Who will take over ? and so on), and then it's radio silence. No clarification, no further statement of any kind. Not only from Nusquam, who probably have other things to do right now, but from all the dev. Come on guys, you can't be serious. Do we have to wait one full month again to get some clues about what's going on here ? I understand everyone's busy as hell but some clear statement would be appreciated.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Thank you Joel...

And my question to Sezmra is: Will there be an opportunity for us to take part in the community updates? A long time ago there where some threads about what we would like to know, which question we would like someone to talk to devs about. Can you take us along when you decide what you will write about? Like, a thread where you ask what topic we would like to get news about, and you chose the three most urgend questions? Somethig like that would be much appriciated.
    In the past; initiatives have been started and fell flat. Any time a FUNCOM employee or forum moderator has an idea ~ they commit about 2-months then just STOP.

So, I'd rather they DIDN'T try anything with regards to new communication methods. The occasional forum post is fine. When they find the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    New weapon types aren't going to happen....
    I hope not...

Disclaimer: I'm not a current subscriber.
    I don't have much time for games anymore, but I sometimes need something casual to do.

I've been playing Age of conan since the start for quite a while, and I thought that after around 2 years, there will be some exiting changes and additions I've been looking for when I stopped playing.
    But it seems those changes are still at work, and to be honest, I don't really have anything to come back to.

I really hope the new crafting system will come soon.
    Either way, good luck and hopefully, I'll have a reason to resubscribe soon.

I have the bad feeling that Funcom want's to slowly take down AoC... for me it seems like they have other plans, AoC isn't very profitable anymore their other games run better (as I heard from some people that play TSW), they move alle employees to give them better support... I mean, we are waiting for that crafting update since 2012 (or even 2011?) in that time TSW got many great updates, AoC only got dragons spine (which was a big fail) and T5 raids / unchained which are just old dungeons with new tactics.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789