Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - March

First of all, the way I read the letter I don't think Joel is leaving.
    I am afraid Joel is pushed more into the manager-side of his job. Poor Joel.

Second:
    When i read about using different weapons coming available for classes, I can't but wonder about how this will connect to T5 gear. (Which i don't have)
    Some of the buffs will completly useless for classes.
    And for the combo's to do with them: I would love to see the level 2 Sweep and level 4 Slam back in a higher version.
    It would be nice to have a knockback on my HoX.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    I am afraid Joel is pushed more into the manager-side of his job. Poor Joel.

Second:
    When i read about using different weapons coming available for classes, I can't but wonder about how this will connect to T5 gear. (Which i don't have)
    Some of the buffs will completly useless for classes.
    And for the combo's to do with them: I would love to see the level 2 Sweep and level 4 Slam back in a higher version.
    It would be nice to have a knockback on my HoX.
    Some more player choices and customization are usually a good thing. If non melee players finally get at least the chance to feat a few basic combos to create more hybrid or variied builds, then all the better. As long as they do it like a tree, not as current AA (or drastically reduce the passive effects). It was an idea suggested 2008/2009 in the old forums as well and if you read the manual, it perfectly suits the game imo. Would be a good chance to finally do something about thrown weapons (assasins not able to throw daggers? they can throw miasma darts, but no real dart?).

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    The first part is kind of ambiguous, for sure, but the second part ("It has been a pleasure for me [...] and taking up the reigns of Howard’s creation once again is a huge honor") seems to leave less room for the doubt. Anyway we'll need clarification from Joel. It's sad, really, because as much as we love rambling about AoC on the forum each and every days, I think Joel was doing a very good job, considering the state of the game. I think the way the things have been planned these few last month were definitely big step in the good direction. I bet my head the overwhelming majority of players here would agree the Nusquam is/was a pretty competent GD.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

On TSW forums, Joel wrote this :

Funcom

I'll chip in a bit.

I haven't died guys, and I haven't left Funcom.

I've been asked to work on something that is super exciting and totally not something I am allowed to talk about, and the time commitment means that I can't keep up my duties on TSW and AoC (AO I have been mostly advisory for a while anyway).
    So yes, he's still in Funcom.
    But no, he won't have the same decisionnal powers for the three games he had. So i guess thoses will end on respectives lead devs of thoses games. Minus the PR part, GD workload will be on the shoulders of Cirith. I think on the future, Cirithgorgor will be a very busy man and won't have much time to spend on forums
    Other thing that fear me is the "new and exciting something" project. It's surely too early to foresee about it, but i can't get out of my mind Funcom is preparing another AAA project after TSW & Lego failures and it will be another risk for the studio if it fails. Meaning more restructurates and less people working on existing titles (like if its possible to do so, skeleton crew can't die anyway).

Unless... unless... if its another expansion for AoC ? (*pop the bubble*)

I don't think Q&A or Sezmra interviews can't replace the GD letter in terms of content and informative value (especially for the external communication). Last example of this failed hard like "are you working on fixing this" "yes", "can you give an ETA ?" "No". Eeeh, not exciting at all :x

Angry

How long can we wait for new craft?
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLazer View Post
    serious you imagine guardian with polarm and shield in same time, or dt with polarm O.O or conq with 2 hands and shield in same time comone serious ??
    Extending the weapons type available does not mean "allow every combination possible", you know. Funcom isn't dumb enough to allow major imbalance such as combining a two hand weapons with another one-hand gear.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

I think we should expect Javelin combos for guards, throwing knives combos for sin, Xbow combos for Dt and conq... stuff like that

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, nothing is done yet.

Crafting revamp is coming.

T6 seems like it's not a priority.

Imo, this AA expansion may not even see the light

When i was reading "expand the weapon types available to various classes" i thought they meant new weapon types like a non-thrown spear for the guardian, a banner offhand for conq, blowgun for sins, etc etc

If that is what they are doing this is great and will add a lot for everyone, if it turns out as some people belive that it is just adding polearm to conqs, i am wondering what weapon they add to the guard as we guards dont really have any other weapon we want to use in the game.
    I am Stian ingame...

Don't imagine it like sins will run around with polearms or PoMs and ToSes with 2X1HB (like a barb). Obviously they will be careful with these changes and they won't bring back stamina for demos and necros for example, so they could butcher some enemies with a 2HE between 2 casts... What I could imagine so far:

Guard:
    - 2X1HE -> guards need some love and some dps

DT:
    - 2X1HE -> with this they need to be careful, cause they are OP enough... so rather:
    - 2HE/2HB

BS:
    - talisman with 1HB -> new spells and 1HB combos
    - some kind of pet, for example a bear
    - polearm/staff -> with new spells and combos

Barb:
    - maybe polearm or shield...
    - thrown weapons with combos, that would fit pretty good!

Sin:
    - the same, thrown weapons with combos

Hox:
    - maybe shield with 1HE?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast