Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - March

Default Game Director Letter - March

My other main reason for the trip to visit the team in the US and Canada is because I have been moved into a different role in Funcom.... ~ JOEL
    See ! You drove him away. You pestered him so much about getting the letter out ... HE QUIT!

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

;]

****!!! I really like Joel Bylos as GD.

Sad to see him go, which I guess he sort of is?
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I guess another farewell is in order.

Thanks Joel for understanding the needs of this game better than your predecessor. Also thanks for letting your team (Cirith and Pyzerius) engage with the community, which really worked wonders.

It's unfortunate that this change in focus happened at a point when the resources available for this game allowed you to take only very small steps. I'm sure you know that this is the main reason for the rather pugnacious (sometimes even hostile) attitude on these forums. But in the end, you just have to love us - not only because we forums dwellers care for AoC, but also because we keep paying your bills
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

It's not like they're putting him out to pasture. Nevertheless, bummer. I liked Bylos, he was pretty good at dealing with players and he didn't make any major mistakes with game directorness (not that he had much space to move around in).

Hopefully next one will be equivalently skilled at not screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post

Thanks Joel for understanding the needs of this game better than your predecessor. Also thanks for letting your team (Cirith and Pyzerius) engage with the community, which really worked wonders.
    agreed,best thing that happened to AoC, although sadly very late......lets hope the team keeps pushing things to live, cause seriously all i see is people leaving(or reallocating )

Anyways Bylos best regards and wishes for future plans.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Looking forward, the roadmap for Age of Conan in 2015 starts with a focus on the arena we have announced. We’ll roll this out over a couple of updates, starting with the solo pvp and the pet fighting mechanics, followed later by the team version. The reasons for this are fairly simple, a scripted system works perfectly for the small scale PvP and PvE components, but for the larger team content we will need code resources to reliably control team signup.
    Solo pvp? My eyes Please don't delay the team version more than is reasonable by Funcom standards.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default Very best wishes, Joel

Joel,

I wish you the very best in your new position at Funcom, and thank you for all that you and your team brought to the game. I look forward to reading Sezmra's letters and hearing from the Live Team as they move forward.

K
    Last edited by Karla; 10th March 2015 at 12:53. Reason: Corrected spelling

Joel is gone. It's sad.

However, if I understand it correctly, devs intend to allow us to wear more various weapons ?

Does it mean (hypothetical example) that my conq could get a polearm? Or a shield ?
    Or, more likely, crossbow combos ?

Great so the one guy who actually tried to get Rage transfers/Merges in order is leaving, i fear we will never see them now, as much as it sucks how painfully long this is taking i fear that's the final nail in the coffin of transfers , Finally time to dust of the PS4 and move on...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast