Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berserker build (just for PVE and soloing)

Default Berserker build (just for PVE and soloing)

Hello,

I have a Barbarian with this reaver build: http://aocfeats.com/feat/barb/1121d4...958c69400691a4

I would like a pure Berserker build for PVE. What do you recommend? I was planning this but I'm not sure: http://aocfeats.com/feat/barb/1121dd...939c6901869400

I would like your thought on combo rotation too.

Regardin AA, It would be better WithoutWarning+Upheaval or Bone Shater+Upheaval?

Thanks in advance.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

What is your gear? And where do you do your PvE? If you are thinking Paikang and Kara Korum, you could have use for those extra crowd controls and the Unstoppable effect. But you could end up defending yourself to death without enough damage. If you can kill stuff before you die, whats the point in having more survivability than that? I would go crazy without the charge. And the 221 protection for 5 points is a bad trade.

Without knowing your gear and location, I'd suggest this. http://is.gd/i3ARY6 It is Reaver based and can do decent dps while in groups or soloing with the aoe buffs and Reaver stance x15. While in demanding areas, swap to Blood Rage and heal up through that stance. Wreck Armor buffed by Impale and Dance of Death is powerful. Earth Shatter is a must to have in soloing builds. No Escape is a **** stun since it disarms you, but a "get out of jail for free" card when you fight bosses and he's pulling the longest straw. Weapon swap for the stuns and knockback.

If you want deeper Berserker, you'll lose out on many of the dps buffs from Reaver. So you would have to settle for something in the lines of this: http://is.gd/NfmCBA Again higher dps than what you posted, and no Blood Rage stance. Reverse Swing damage buff, and the dps side of Berserker. Improvement on Stunning Punch and an extra kb to help out on survival. No need for weapon swapping here. Buffed Decapitation really crits high, and Upheaval too.

The most defensive I'd ever go on a Barbarian would be: http://is.gd/lTQhUq and that is a purpose build for the crowmen in Paikang or crater in Kara Korum.

For AA's, I forgot that in the previous post. Berserker, clearly Without Warning and Upheaval.

First of all, many thanks for your answers and help.

My gear is some T2/Kithai:

[Mask of Ben Morgh][Black Dragon Cloak][Abyssal Demon Pendant of Strength][Venturer's Bracers of the Untamed][Sage's Armbands of the Crumbling Tower][Ring of Warmaster's Wrath][Skull Clasp of Bloody Carnage][Sage's Girdle of the Crumbling Tower][Gauntlets of Violent Rage][Tasset of Brutal Carnage][Harness of Brutal Carnage][Boots of the Savage Slaughter]

My weapons:

when 2h(reaver): [Quill of Ibis][The Crescent of Blood]
    When 1h(the berserker I want): [The Twinned Moons]

I need some more kithai, mainly for crit.

I use to run Kithai hm, normal, normal and unchained t2...solos like Apostate, t1-t2-some t3 raids etc
    Paikang or Kara Korum is too much for my I guess.

I have that Reaver build I posted and this rotation: Upheaval/Cyclone of Steel X/Whirlwind IV/Wreck Armor I/Wreck Armor II/Wreck Armor II

Abilities: Too many to count, Haste, Dance of Death, Armageddon Falls, Overpower, Impale, Savage Fury, Excelent Balance, Blitz, Willes.

AAs: WW/Upheaval - in combination with Pressing-Decisive or Pressing-Elusive Nature

So should I go with a mix of Reaver and Berserler, ot it is better to have 1 pure reaver and 1 pure berserker?

And, to change between this is just by selecting in the Specialization feats?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

General is mainly for hate reduction for Rogues. Using general in a solo build would be only for the armor buff. Yeah, you have two specs by default and you just select the one you want and click activate.
    Last edited by Shax84; 9th March 2015 at 19:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    General is mainly for hate reduction for Rogues. Using general in a solo build would be only for the armor buff. Yeah, you have two specs by default and you just select the one you want and click activate.
    Seeing your short answer, I guess I asked too much.

Thanks for your time.
    Atmoran - Barbarian

i'm using this (link) for dps and this (link) for survivability....
    in any case, go dual wield and switch to 2h just for the cc's!!

with that, i did the all the questilnes up to paikang and dragon's spine with worst gear than what you have now...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Smash'n Crush, Brutal Cyclone and Tempered Steel does not buff 2H version Upheaval.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Smash'n Crush, Brutal Cyclone and Tempered Steel does not buff 2H version Upheaval.
    in fact i don't use it. as i wrote, i use dual wield and switch to 2h just for the cc's...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Why do you post builds that you don't use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast