Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: New Solo Dungeon Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Getting rare tokens does NOT mean you get raid tokens, you get more choice in what you can get.

(...)

You are right in principle, but i am still not convinced, that the OPs idea contradicts that. Especially with some tweaks and fixes to ensure just that raid gear requires at least some raiding. Unless i have completely misunderstood the point, i find it more likely that just the "i do not like raiding, but might do a few" crowd will be more likely to join some with a more positive attitude and do less ninjaing, because they just need to get the raid done successfully for their progression...

The OP talks about raid rare tokens (see Post 1), that means Rare T3/4/5. You are talking a lot about rare tokens, too, but it seems you mean rare trophies / khitai rares? Because with rare raid tokens (+normal raid tokens) you can buy raid gear. Period.

And we are talking about higher tiers (T4/5). Ninjaing there is no problem atm, and from a raidleaders point of view I can only say that I have zero interest in taking those people you are refering to ("I only need to do the raid a few times or once for my progression, but otherwise I don't like to raid") with me. Not into higher raids. They are no evening event you can switch on like your beloved tv-series, let the raidleader carry you through and leave as you like. It takes a lot of efford and time to lead high raid tiers sucessfully, and they are not there to please someone who wants to jump in, take or get what he wants and jump out right away. It is teamwork, and for those who like it and have fun and want to progress together as a team. Don't get me wrong: I am all in when it comes to teaching newbies how to raid, but I really hate the idea that raids are "content" you have a "right" to play, without thinking about the fact, that some few people make those raids happen, and that they are not a feature that is included in your monthly fee. Raiding is a different playstyle, if you don't like it, don't do it, no one forces you. Unless you have the funny idea that you should be able to get all the gear that is ingame without playing the content the gear belongs to. And because the power stats are not that much different (comparing unchained and T4), it is no argument that you can not progress to a very high powerlevel without raiding. I also like the idea that your gear shows which content you prefer.

I get it that you want more options for progression, but there ARE very many different options allready. Keeping raid gear to raids doesn't mean to keep content away from anyone, it just means if you don't like a special content you will not get the gear you can get there. I don't like PvP, I'm not that much into 6mans, I don't like the box-lottery the unchained quests offer, and that means I will not get the gear you can get if you enjoy that kind of playstyle.

I think we can agree to disagree, because I just don't get the point why anyone would want to have raid gear without raiding.

I agree that there is not really enough stuff to do for groups of 2-5 people, and it would be really great to have an option to progress (really progress, not just having fun in easy places together) with smaller groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    The OP talks about raid rare tokens (see Post 1), that means Rare T3/4/5. You are talking a lot about rare tokens, too, but it seems you mean rare trophies / khitai rares? Because with rare raid tokens (+normal raid tokens) you can buy raid gear. Period.

And we are talking about higher tiers (T4/5). Ninjaing there is no problem atm, and from a raidleaders point of view I can only say that I have zero interest in taking those people you are refering to ("I only need to do the raid a few times or once for my progression, but otherwise I don't like to raid") with me. Not into higher raids. They are no evening event you can switch on like your beloved tv-series, let the raidleader carry you through and leave as you like. It takes a lot of efford and time to lead high raid tiers sucessfully, and they are not there to please someone who wants to jump in, take or get what he wants and jump out right away. It is teamwork, and for those who like it and have fun and want to progress together as a team. Don't get me wrong: I am all in when it comes to teaching newbies how to raid, but I really hate the idea that raids are "content" you have a "right" to play, without thinking about the fact, that some few people make those raids happen, and that they are not a feature that is included in your monthly fee. Raiding is a different playstyle, if you don't like it, don't do it, no one forces you. Unless you have the funny idea that you should be able to get all the gear that is ingame without playing the content the gear belongs to. And because the power stats are not that much different (comparing unchained and T4), it is no argument that you can not progress to a very high powerlevel without raiding. I also like the idea that your gear shows which content you prefer.

I get it that you want more options for progression, but there ARE very many different options allready. Keeping raid gear to raids doesn't mean to keep content away from anyone, it just means if you don't like a special content you will not get the gear you can get there. I don't like PvP, I'm not that much into 6mans, I don't like the box-lottery the unchained quests offer, and that means I will not get the gear you can get if you enjoy that kind of playstyle.

I think we can agree to disagree, because I just don't get the point why anyone would want to have raid gear without raiding.

I agree that there is not really enough stuff to do for groups of 2-5 people, and it would be really great to have an option to progress (really progress, not just having fun in easy places together) with smaller groups.
    ... like talking to a wall.

Totally with Feadara on this, also what Mellaus wrote all really good points.

Signed.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Totally with Feadara on this, also what Mellaus wrote all really good points.

Signed.
    You just opposed the OP .... then /signed a post contradicting your statement. You "/sign" when you agree to OP silly.

The users you're agreeing with aren't justifying their opposition in any significant way ~ sorry. Maybe you could elaborate on what you agree with and why?

Last edited by Reinauer; 9th March 2015 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    You just opposed the OP .... then /signed a post contradicting your statement. You "/sign" when you agree to OP silly.

It is very clear who I am referring to as I said even their "names" the fact that you were writing at the same time and pressed "submit" few seconds before doesn't change it. So stop being dumb.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    It is very clear who I am referring to as I said even their "names" the fact that you were writing at the same time and pressed "submit" few seconds before doesn't change it. So stop being dumb.
    My original statement stands. Please use /signed appropriately.

Since the thread is a copy of the Tl one i ll copy my answer too.

I want a 6 week cd solo dungeon that drops pets that debuff for my demo,thank you.Don't forget to put best gear on claims too so we don't need to group up anymore ,just get max geared chars and thenwe can go do all content with that going backwards because it's fun.

Okay, so a public warning for everyone.

Quote wars are not welcome. Write proper messages.

Posting several messages in a row isn't a good thing either. Use the Edit button.

The Social Guidelines still apply. Be careful about what you say, and the way you say it.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post

Quote wars are not welcome. Write proper messages...
    My attempt at a so-called "proper message" ;

I'm an advocate for the OP due to the fact that two in-game mechanics already exist which closely resemble the OP idea. Making it more robust by adding regular Tier equipment is no diff than what's already going on with the WB and Khitai. The latter even more so. Making the cool-down two weeks sounds reasonable ~ if it suited some folks. Sounds fair.

/signed. <---- THIS means I'm an advocate for the ORIGINAL post.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    When people are talking about raid-tokens they are offcourse not talking about t1 or t2, maybe some are talking just about t3 but i also find that unlikely.
    Then I have a problem with OP proposition. I would agree as long as it's an alternative to what we have now. Right now we can get Rare Khitai trophies through solo instance, T1-T2 Raid gear through WB and more scarcely T3 token (and if you have an insane amount of luck in your drop, T3 rare relic).

So yeah, I have no problem with solo dungeon on long cooldown rewarding you that kind of stuff. Maybe with some threshold mechanism : The better you do on the dungeon, the more chance you have to drop T3 token or Rare Khitai trophies. It's nice new solo content, refreshing, an offer alternative to WB farming.

Going above that and asking for T4/T5 token is just plain silly, if you want higher level raid gear, just do raid or Unchained 6man. (Even if I know that raiding is not always possible for certains folks that cannot play in prime time)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast