Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much

You think so? And i tell you that this is in most cases latency issues due to funcom semioptimal netcode. Especially when real short animation like snapkick are not or not correct displayed. Well i play since launch too, have thousands of minis played. So as for the time played we much likely equal. And i do not see as many cheaters as you are acusing here. It happens but it is not common and the cheats are minor. Most of the time some smaller speedcheats. Nothing real game breaking. Well i myself getting accused for cheating at least twice per weeks....

cause i had to contribute the truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JexvRBoa5M
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Because it takes so much skill to recognise hacking,random classes with no speed buff running faster than sins with accelaration on.Sins putting bombs on you before even the grim corruption shows on castbar,radars(anyone who played at start on rage can share funny stories how tracking for spawn in yag was working there by ppl that are now in both crom and fury),teleports,knockback in the middle of random combos,and by coincidence all these are happening mostly by 2 spesific guilds atm on Crom.
    IVORY TOWER

Yepp. Not to forget that they sometimes spawn a lightning from the blue sky and struck everyone at once....

Is it okay for us to post videos of people playing with hacks without naming them in the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Yepp. Not to forget that they sometimes spawn a lightning from the blue sky and struck everyone at once....
    No need for lighting from blue sky..
    A DT applying fear immediately at the start of Dooming Presence combo, or a Demo running faster than a Sin with Acceleration, with no Hand of fhe Underworld on, can easily be identified as cheater.

These are references to just 2 very well known cheaters on Crom for this stuff..
    I agree on most Zeuss wrote.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 4th March 2015 at 23:46.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    Is it okay for us to post videos of people playing with hacks without naming them in the thread?
    No you can't.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Some cheats apply a 10% speed buff, and no one can even discern it. We need Punkbuster for AoC.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    No need for lighting from blue sky..
    A DT applying fear immediately at the start of Dooming Presence combo, or a Demo running faster than a Sin with Acceleration, with no Hand of fhe Underworld on, can easily be identified as cheater.

These are references to just 2 very well known cheaters on Crom for this stuff..
    I agree on most Zeuss wrote.
    Your example can still be linked to lag. Happened to me, that i was ressed up and immediately killed again by a "ghost" multiple times. The engine synchronizing results in sometime illogical choices (e.g. someone charging is rooted at start charge point, but still applies a knockback charge to the target).

I also suspect the engine can be deliberately "tricked" into some weird behaviour (as in the past with necro pets), so the effects onesidely benefit one party only. Reason might be the different and unfair handling of controller types technically. If you have a chance to play with two clients or a friend in the same room, you can find out a lot of weird things and definitely count out "cheating" as source. All this of course benefits real cheaters...since they can always lie and blame something else.

That is why it is important when and how these things happen. If the DT somehow seems to ALWAYS apply fear at start of combo, it is obvious. Same with bs knockback (assasin snapkick cc somehow is STILL at the beginning of animation, but this is not the case for dt, barbs, conqs and bear shamans, e.g. snapkick cc is skipable though damage is not). If it is a onetime experience in combination with other weird things, it could be a lag spike. Same with demo...was only the gui display of the buff (hands of underworld) lagging or is it always happening (and comfortably for the demo only when he/she needs to get away fast?).

Random lag issues are statistical errors, they should not be reproduceable or always have the same effect. Exploits and active cheats are systematic errors. You can discern these types by when and how they happen as well, without knowing even much of their nature (or how they are generated).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th March 2015 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    No you can't.
    What can we do? If we know with a 100% certainty that a player is using hacks and has been for years, we know from video evidence and the fact that we play vs the player everyday.

I normally petition a gm, with video proof etc, he will tell me that he cant ban anyone due to the need of getting a first hand view as a video could have been edited.
    The petition time is sometimes a lot longer than a mini game so the guy could have logged off and the gm wont have the chance to watch the player.

Either way the player is back to his dirty deeds the next time we see him like nothing ever happened.

Whatever you guys are doing now is not really working too well, we can tell that from seeing the same players going at it for years, it being very obvious to some of us, yet no actions taken.
    Is there something else we can do? I'm trying to be constructive and trying to make the game more enjoyable, but this is getting quite frustrating.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast