Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of PVP

Default State of PVP

Hello,

Since I've been ignored by the ingame gm staff and pretty much made to feel like I don't matter or haven't invested 100's of dollars into the game, I wanted to make a post about the state of the game regarding PVP.

Jump clipping - still exists through the use a google search that takes you to an entire website devoted to being lame

The long running aoc ****y - still working as it it did when it was first introduced almost 4 years ago

DoS during minigames that traces back to a eastern european proxy server

Continued use of bots by a guild during mini games

and characters that move so fast they completely morph 20 ingame feet at a time.

The FC thing, still works as intended.

Sped up combo induction. I have no idea how you speed up combos since they are at timed sequence..

With the above problems, this game loses on the pvp server about 99% of all fresh 80's and barely retains any actual new players leaving the pvp stagnet and boring with the same lame cheaters and hackers that have plagued it for half a decade.

Instead of coming up with new content,m PLEASe address these issues, or I am afraid the player base will become so low that Funcom will shutdown the PVP servers down.

I dont understand why Funcom believes these problems dont exist or just doesnt want to face the fact they their game is and has been comprised for a very long time, I again beg Funcom to fix this before it is entirely to late.
    Last edited by Utogi; 27th February 2015 at 15:13.

Cheaters are not so many, it's the fact that they keep running unpunished after so many years that is detrimental.

I believe the core issue is that GMs are clueless on the cheating matter, they can't even tell the different between alt farming and genuine duels in PvP maps (not even joking).

So i don't think they have the tools nor the knowledge to spot a cheater, tag it as such, and take the appropriate measures. I also don't think FC gives a damn about it. At all.

All in all, if PvP needs anything, it would indeed be actual long term measures to clean the game. But i don't see anything happen on this front.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Thank the gods for the ignore function on forums... that way you can have the same people on ignore ingame and on forums !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

A lot of people cry cheats when they don't understand how the skills work. How many cry hack against barbs with arcane up? It happens all the time. I'm not saying there isn't cheating...this exist in every game on the market but I don't think this is a game breaking thing in aoc.

What is needed is some freshness I think, another mini map would be helpful. But lets not forget that they did add the mini quest thing...and it is actually nice to win a few matches and get some extra stuff. The pvp week is the most fun where I always have someone to battle, win or lose.

I would love more population to the game, to see some old friends and old enemies return to the game, and hey sometimes they are logging on once in awhile. This is good news, as for new players interested in pvp...it is a learning curve. For the first few months of AoC I was clicking my directional buttons and key board turning. I got owned so hard I couldn't understand why or how these guys were doing it. Eventually I started learning how things worked a little more, and once I started learning I became better. The point is some of these people are smart with making builds, know how to move, know how to defeat every single class because they understand all the skills and cool downs. I still hear in ts "he doesn't take my knockback" when he has the immunity up. That isn't a hack, that's just not knowing everything that is happening.

My advice is do duels with every class. When I started doing the duels I got owned so hard it wasn't even funny...but you know what, the people I was dueling began helping me and telling me what I was doing wrong. I took the licks from superior skilled players and some of them, MOST of them, turned out to be nicer than I thought and helped me along.

Just a thought Utogi, hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Thank the gods for the ignore function on forums... that way you can have the same people on ignore ingame and on forums !
    What, you dont like posts that say 95% of population are cheating!??
    I find it fascinating that people who cant kill even afk players are usually the ones that gives most opinions about pvp, either in class balancing, pvp in general or hacking, and always with wall of text.

Are you sure you're playing AoC? Never had trouble with these things.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Cheaters are not so many, it's the fact that they keep running unpunished after so many years that is detrimental.

I believe the core issue is that GMs are clueless on the cheating matter, they can't even tell the different between alt farming and genuine duels in PvP maps (not even joking).

So i don't think they have the tools nor the knowledge to spot a cheater, tag it as such, and take the appropriate measures. I also don't think FC gives a damn about it. At all.

All in all, if PvP needs anything, it would indeed be actual long term measures to clean the game. But i don't see anything happen on this front.
    They (and only they) really have the tools. They are probably just not allowed to do this anymore (or can only act with petitions adhering a certain format or including certain info). They could adjust the game system, so that it is more fair and cheating less rewarded...but that is another issue. If for example the rewards or joy would not be focused on "winning" all the time, then participation could be more rewarding than lame cheating. Also the higher the participation, the less effect of hardcore cheaters are (one reason why in the past it was more fun, even with comboskip cheat). Legit players could team up and see these illegit players as challenge (and actually would gain something out of it too, except waste of time as now).

Mini games nowadays are a joke, if certain players are online (or guild premades) on both servers. The engine is still not optimized even for legal behaviour ingame and options there. They seem to have alienated or banned some cheaters recently though (at least you don't see them on same chars), so they might not be clueless but helpless. As with Capone...you might not get them for cheating, but since it is in the characters of cheaters to lie, brag and insult as well in certain cases, you can get them that way.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th February 2015 at 19:43.

It is just one guild in particular that seems to believe they are above the rules. It just ruins minigames and open world pvp. You know when they join a mini there's no use even trying because they can just jump clip every combo making their combos stack up 10 combos in one jump.

Reading the damage meter says it all, when you have a lpayer doing 10 different combos in half an animation, it just a red light.

As for the regular detractors of this kind of post claiming people who have been apart of the game since beta have no clue or unskilled, that is typical troll bait, easily ignored,

And it always seem to be "one guild" when this issue starts to get out of hand. Never a ghuge epidemic like counter strike or APB, it is usually one guild who just ruins it and makes it impossible to have a level playing field. Thebot trians in Kesh during events is just riduclously blantant.
    Last edited by Utogi; 27th February 2015 at 22:52.

Oh look it's Utog the troll. Been a while, didn't miss you though.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Oh look it's Utog the troll. Been a while, didn't miss you though.

I thought to reason with him but....a mistake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast