Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this game?

Sorry if you think what my words looks like a little weird or rude, because english not my native language.

I want to say what no one can dominate server forever (tired of winning, or tired of not winning), and no one can keep any pvp activity on server with only one guild. And "win in pvp fight" can't be one and only goal for years. Best fights what I see on pvp server wasn't one side vs another side, best fights what I see was one guild against another guild against another guild. More sides for fight = more people involved = more interesting things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    The box said drunken brawling
    This /12345678910
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

This game could have easily destroyed WoW and most other MMO's had it done a few things differently from the start.

When the game launched, it was incomplete to begin with. It was buggy, crashed constantly and lots of things did not work properly. 90% of players complained about bugs and crashing. The game director at the time cared only about 1 thing, PvP so all updates and hotfixes focused solely on balancing classes for PvP. Very little to no effort was put into fixing the bugs and crashes. So as a result, the populations plummeted and players left the game in droves. After about 4, that game director resigned and in came the new director. This game director reacted by quickly focusing on stabilizing the game and fixing the bugs. He got the programmers focused on finishing the content that was not finished and ready for release prior to launch. Then they slowly began working on more game content PvE wise. This pissed off all the PvPer's because they wanted more PvP content. As a result, AoC lost even more players from the PvP side of the game as PvP content was completely ignored.

However, the biggest problem this game faced and the one thing they could have done to save this game and make it massive, was the lack of expansions. This game has been out 6 years now and has seen only 1 expansion. In 6 years, they have managed to put out only 4 new raid zones, T3, T3.5, T4 and T5. This game lost many more players on the PvE end of the game because of the extremely slow introduction of new content. Games like WoW have a new expansion every year. That keeps players that are veterans looking forward to the next big thing. With AoC the lack of new content (dungeons, zones, raids) has further killed this game. There are very, very few guilds left in this game that were around shortly after launch. The reason is those guilds conquered the content, quickly got bored and with nothing new coming in, other games being released easily drew them and their money away.

Had the first game director not rushed this game to release and fixed all the issues players complained about from the start and had he focused on putting out new content, once or twice a year (like Wow), this game would have been huge.

Apparently were playing TSW now. At least Tomium can copy and paste.

Community Team

The #TSW servers are online again.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Why are people so keen on rewriting history? The first updates of the games weren't pvp-only, as can be seen by reading the patch notes (really, the Khopshef pyramid revamp has nothing to do with pvp for example.) And it was Eidos that forced the early launch of the game, not the Game Director.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by blodgett View Post
    This game could have easily destroyed WoW and most other MMO's had it done a few things differently from the start.
    The same could be said about Amiga destroying Apple and PC.

Apart of the bad start the game had and later financial problems plus bad decisions...the main problem I see is the lack of new content as some people say in this topic. The game has something special that no other mmo has. It is the best mmo. I have been playing Eso for months and is really bad compared to this. Im a TES fan and that game is an aberration for the TES franchise.
    AOC still being the best mmo. The achievements adittion is really cool and the new crafting revamp is gonna be amazing. But the game needs new zones. You see the whole map of Hyborya almost empty and its sad. It is that difficult to create new zones?
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Apart of the bad start the game had and later financial problems plus bad decisions...the main problem I see is the lack of new content as some people say in this topic. The game has something special that no other mmo has. It is the best mmo. I have been playing Eso for months and is really bad compared to this. Im a TES fan and that game is an aberration for the TES franchise.
    AOC still being the best mmo. The achievements adittion is really cool and the new crafting revamp is gonna be amazing. But the game needs new zones. You see the whole map of Hyborya almost empty and its sad. It is that difficult to create new zones?
    I don't think not having enough content is the problem. The biggest problem in my eyes is the fact that players aren't able to play the game at all on Rage, Crom players aren't able to play the PVP events and daily’s to the full extent, and Fury players can't PVE to the fullest because of the low PVE population. Content isn't the problem, the problem is the content can't be accessed by everyone.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I don't think not having enough content is the problem. The biggest problem in my eyes is the fact that players aren't able to play the game at all on Rage, Crom players aren't able to play the PVP events and daily’s to the full extent, and Fury players can't PVE to the fullest because of the low PVE population. Content isn't the problem, the problem is the content can't be accessed by everyone.
    I really dont see it that way,cant connect what you say with the main problem of the game.

Well, I really dont like pvp,like me, a lot of people. The same at the contrary,pvp players doesnt usually like to pve. So,the problem I see for pve is that people get bored of the same zones (no new zones for 6 years). Dont know about pvp.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."