Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this game?

And here I thought the main purpose of pvp was to fight people. Silly me, it was all to get stuff and rewards
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    And here I thought the main purpose of pvp was to fight people. Silly me, it was all to get stuff and rewards
    Compare with box, karate, and other grappling arts. They fight for rewards and increase your skill. Better skill means better money. Better skill means more renown. Only maniacs kill for kills. Battles in mmo limited to level caps. When you reach level cap, you can't get any more exp. What's why level cap must have proper reward.

I understand that you don't get it. I play for the challenge. I used to play rugby, tennis table, badminton, used to do rowing for that same challenge, be it against myself, others, or with others. It's also what drives me when playing games, for example when I used to start Commons at lvl 70 back in 2010, or NG at lvl 76. And before all the money, it was for that same challenge (and warfare capabilities) that people learned martial arts.

Challenge should be what drives people to excel. The fact that it's not is really sad, and it's certainly not a reason to put rewards above everything.
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Challenge only works when Funcom give us working rules and working game mechanic. When they polish this game in all places and turn all "-" of game to "+". But Funcom don't have enough members & money for that. And most of their staff don't know this game, don't play this game and don't have any goal with this game. Winning mini-game when member of your team or member of enemy team have any sort of cheat don't give any challenge. Killing raid boss with broken mechanic don't give any challenge. Winning siege without good enemy team 48 vs 48 don't give any challenge. Game don't have enough good players to give us enough challenge. Of course, some raid bosses can give you challenge, but you can't enough good players who want to try it. And I start Commons on 70 level with one of my characters too

I did it with my last four chars, but nevermind: in pvp, challenge is what you want it to be. If your way of seeing it was right, EVE Online wouldn't be so successful.

failure to police the game properly.

In a way i've always found it amusing how some big guilds do everything to dominate and then complain about the lack of challenge. It's especially noticeable in PvP but i guess it's the same in PvE to some extend. If you want challenging fights in PvP it's actually not that hard to find at all... but indeed it might require refraining from calling all your guild to back you up and switch to your PvP 10s as soon as the fight doesn't go your way.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    In a way i've always found it amusing how some big guilds do everything to dominate and then complain about the lack of challenge. It's especially noticeable in PvP but i guess it's the same in PvE to some extend. If you want challenging fights in PvP it's actually not that hard to find at all... but indeed it might require refraining from calling all your guild to back you up and switch to your PvP 10s as soon as the fight doesn't go your way.
    MMO for big guilds. You still have limit for people (location have limit, and siege have limit too). And big guild have more things to do. Any small guild can turn into big guild, it's all depend on officers.

I have had a great time in this game, just with PvE. It could use some improvements, but, overall, I think it's better than any other MMO out there. I've never tried PvP, but have no desire to; players, I believe, should help, not fight each other. Seems to me the game tries to kill you off well enough without other players jumping in to help it out.

I think, though, that FunCom could take some pointers from other games out there and incorporate their own versions of what makes those games successful into AoC.

Take UO, for example. That game, despite its low res graphics, has remained successful - so it seems - even in a world full of super-detailed competitors. They must be doing something right. And, actually, I'd love to see some aspects of UO built into AoC; their housing mechanics, their player-based economy, their overall free-style environment, etc. Heck, in UO, one can be successful in-game as a miner, something I had a blast doing.

Last I saw, UO was not lacking in population. But, for me, the issue that moved me elsewhere was the required subscription. It just became too much when I bought a house. Now, the free games are my choice.

All that being said, I think a good idea is B2P, from what I've seen bandied about. I really can't justify a continuing subscription, but buying something on occasion is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    MMO for big guilds. You still have limit for people (location have limit, and siege have limit too). And big guild have more things to do. Any small guild can turn into big guild, it's all depend on officers.
    You can have the size you like, my point concerned the thirst for domination. Complaining there's no challenge but at the same time undermining it through voracious recruitement and general attitude. So many players have little intrest in fighting and only enjoy crushing, regardless of the means used.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast