Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this game?

Default What's wrong with this game?

I'm curious why nothing meaningful has been done for this game in years other than end game progression for the players that stick around. Maybe if it was actually completed, with voice overs and such that were supposed to be here, then maybe people would actually come back and play. That's not really an impossible thing, you know? If a game as ugly as World of Warcraft can still pull in ridiculous amounts of money and players, maybe if Funcom did something to this game people would come back and enjoy it.

I dunno, just a thought. I've never understood why games just come out and get dropped for no reason (boohoo, I didn't pull in millions of dollars, waaaah). This game has a great concept and atmosphere. Why can't they just finish it already?

And while they're at it, they can fix all the ridiculously hard multiplayer content that literally can't be done because no one is ever around to group for it.
    Last edited by Madae; 25th February 2015 at 05:31.

Overall, the game went worse with levelling content (removed mobs, added unwanted AA XP, Blessing of Asura, and botched up Amphitheater of Karutonia NM). Otherwise, some great things were modified in levelling: new Caravan Hideout and new Scorpions' Cave. Achievements like "Purist".
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Overall, the game went worse with levelling content (removed mobs, added unwanted AA XP, Blessing of Asura, and botched up Amphitheater of Karutonia NM). Otherwise, some great things were modified in levelling: new Caravan Hideout and new Scorpions' Cave. Achievements like "Purist".
    Ok, so there's that, and the stuff in your sig... What exactly is keeping these people from doing their job? Did they just give up? Fine, they can hand the game over to people in the community who care and let them work with it. Star Wars Galaxies was lost to the ages, the original source code disappearing entirely, and people actually managed to reverse engineer the entire game and get it up and running IN THEIR SPARE TIME... There are people out there who enjoy doing this sort of thing just because they like the game that much, and they do it for free. What the **** is Funcom waiting for here?
    Last edited by Madae; 25th February 2015 at 05:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    Ok, so there's that, and the stuff in your sig... What exactly is keeping these people from doing their job? Did they just give up? Fine, they can hand the game over to people in the community who care and let them work with it. Star Wars Galaxies was lost to the ages, the original source code disappearing entirely, and people actually managed to reverse engineer the entire game and get it up and running IN THEIR SPARE TIME... There are people out there who enjoy doing this sort of thing just because they like the game that much, and they do it for free. What the **** is Funcom waiting for here?
    Im not gonna start bashing them about how they do their work, but for years they are literally trying to kill pvp servers and everyone know that
    when swotr was coming, suddenly game was unplayable for month. then there is things you cant even sign mini game, hox demon form is crashing whole instance, mini game group bug for years, wich basicly tells u "DONT ****I*G sign mini cus you cant do any group content after it!!.

then combo skip remove, forcing pvp players to grind pve for MONTHS AND MONTHS to be competive in PVP, yea thats right, you had to farm pve for months so you can play pvp, sounds silly, not to mention half year grinding rocks and trees in bori ^^

in overall what killed majority of players (pvp servers)
    Bori, AA, pve grind for pvp, combo skip remove, tortage pvp removed, servers in america,
    and the biggest joke is that there is nothing to protect from people who use hacks,
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Im not gonna start bashing them about how they do their work, but for years they are literally trying to kill pvp servers and everyone know that
    when swotr was coming, suddenly game was unplayable for month. then there is things you cant even sign mini game, hox demon form is crashing whole instance, mini game group bug for years, wich basicly tells u "DONT ****I*G sign mini cus you cant do any group content after it!!.

then combo skip remove, forcing pvp players to grind pve for MONTHS AND MONTHS to be competive in PVP, yea thats right, you had to farm pve for months so you can play pvp, sounds silly, not to mention half year grinding rocks and trees in bori ^^

in overall what killed majority of players (pvp servers)
    Bori, AA, pve grind for pvp, combo skip remove, tortage pvp removed, servers in america,
    and the biggest joke is that there is nothing to protect from people who use hacks,
    Not to take away from the PvP kill, but to add on the PvE side. Almost every update/merge addition has removed or broken existing code which either can not or will not be fixed. Examples are invisible walls with the PvP event addition and multiple Reknown related issues with the server merge/move to USA. Many quest that use to work are now "broken" and need a GM to advance (some corrected for the achiebment system). Funcom is the only company I have ever seen that when a release, Deploment, patch (call it what you will) Breaks something, they ignore it. Everyone else will correct the issue BEFORE adding on a new layer oc complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Not to take away from the PvP kill, but to add on the PvE side. Almost every update/merge addition has removed or broken existing code which either can not or will not be fixed. Examples are invisible walls with the PvP event addition and multiple Reknown related issues with the server merge/move to USA. Many quest that use to work are now "broken" and need a GM to advance (some corrected for the achiebment system). Funcom is the only company I have ever seen that when a release, Deploment, patch (call it what you will) Breaks something, they ignore it. Everyone else will correct the issue BEFORE adding on a new layer oc complexity.
    sadly, when the captain is the first one to abandon ship this is result
    The Law

Oh GOD, the nag. Combo skip removal? We got Bunny Hop combos, which requires some skill, at least. Bori? I doubt half of you have gone through the hell of obtaining every needed token for t3 gear through Bori, which is quite obsolete atm. The rest I haven't noticed, but it might be I don't play often enough. Only thing I agree on is the ping after server move, which screws up the PvP community in a very meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    I'm curious why nothing meaningful has been done for this game in years other than end game progression for the players that stick around. Maybe if it was actually completed, with voice overs and such that were supposed to be here, then maybe people would actually come back and play. That's not really an impossible thing, you know? If a game as ugly as World of Warcraft can still pull in ridiculous amounts of money and players, maybe if Funcom did something to this game people would come back and enjoy it.

I dunno, just a thought. I've never understood why games just come out and get dropped for no reason (boohoo, I didn't pull in millions of dollars, waaaah). This game has a great concept and atmosphere. Why can't they just finish it already?

And while they're at it, they can fix all the ridiculously hard multiplayer content that literally can't be done because no one is ever around to group for it.
    The reason in one simple word? Money.
    It takes resources (in the form of people and time) to add content to a game. That costs money. At the moment Funcom does not have a lot of money to spend on this game. They have one (not very large) group of developers who are responsible for Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, and The Secret World, and most of their efforts are spent on The Secret World - presumably because that is the newest game of those and the one most likely to provide a good return on any investment.

As for voice acting in particular, that is a fairly expensive thing, so adding much more of that would mean that other features would not get done.

In general it is hard to attract players to an old game. It does not matter much how good the game is, if it is old a great many players will simply ignore it. So spending lots of money on an old game in order to improve it is unlikely to attract sufficient new players to pay for itself.

Comparisons to World of Warcraft are a bit unfair, since WoW is in many ways a special case. They managed to be at the right place at the right time with the right product which gave them a major advantage such that no other MMORPG has a real chance of beating them. One major reason people stick around playing WoW is because their friends are playing WoW. And their friends keep playing because their friends are playing and so on. The sheer size of their playerbase is a major advantage in attracting new players, and also brings lots of income which they use to continuously improve (or at least add new things to) the game.

And "finish" it? No MMO I have heard of is ever finished.

What multiplayer content is it that you claim can't be done? At least on Crom I see groups forming all the time to do various dungeons and raids. It can sometimes take some time to get a group, but it is hardly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    The reason in one simple word? Money.
    It takes resources (in the form of people and time) to add content to a game. That costs money. At the moment Funcom does not have a lot of money to spend on this game. They have one (not very large) group of developers who are responsible for Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, and The Secret World, and most of their efforts are spent on The Secret World - presumably because that is the newest game of those and the one most likely to provide a good return on any investment.

As for voice acting in particular, that is a fairly expensive thing, so adding much more of that would mean that other features would not get done.

In general it is hard to attract players to an old game. It does not matter much how good the game is, if it is old a great many players will simply ignore it. So spending lots of money on an old game in order to improve it is unlikely to attract sufficient new players to pay for itself.

Comparisons to World of Warcraft are a bit unfair, since WoW is in many ways a special case. They managed to be at the right place at the right time with the right product which gave them a major advantage such that no other MMORPG has a real chance of beating them. One major reason people stick around playing WoW is because their friends are playing WoW. And their friends keep playing because their friends are playing and so on. The sheer size of their playerbase is a major advantage in attracting new players, and also brings lots of income which they use to continuously improve (or at least add new things to) the game.

And "finish" it? No MMO I have heard of is ever finished.

What multiplayer content is it that you claim can't be done? At least on Crom I see groups forming all the time to do various dungeons and raids. It can sometimes take some time to get a group, but it is hardly impossible.

That is funcoms own fault that they are basicly bankrupt, who in the flying fu*ck made an idea, to push out MMo games yearly ? low content, broken content, bugs, exploits, no anti cheat systems, and keep out pushing new games. really smart mowe If have no idea what doing, then why do it?
    funcoms money problems are their own fault
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    That is funcoms own fault that they are basicly bankrupt, who in the flying fu*ck made an idea, to push out MMo games yearly ? low content, broken content, bugs, exploits, no anti cheat systems, and keep out pushing new games. really smart mowe If have no idea what doing, then why do it?
    funcoms money problems are their own fault
    Their fault, but our problem
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast