Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    You can have the size you like, my point concerned the thirst for domination. Complaining there's no challenge but at the same time undermining it through voracious recruitement and general attitude. So many players have little intrest in fighting and only enjoy crushing, regardless of the means used.
    Domination have nothing with mmo. MMO such big game what one guild can't dominate on whole server. Other guilds always find something what they can do better when big guild. And big guild can't dominate forever, because players get's tired. Big guild = more conflicts, because guild try keeping different people in limited direction.

Few months back it was law dominating pvp events and world pvp, now other guilds are the ones able to dominate through sheer numbers. I've attended a big fight in kesh lately which was pretty much ominous vs law+nw+random. In the end ominous won through more members and better focus for crucial targets.

This is like it always went through the years, no matter the name of the big guild or even the game played. This is the way openpvp always turned out. Its the unwillingness or inability of us pvpers to rally people on a schedule instead of doing it spontaneously. Also we rarely ever communicate beforehand to fix a playfield and a max number of players per side for equal chances. What we never lack is excuses why we lost though, if we put some of the creativity used there to set up events we'd be good.

Also most ppl take losses in opvp WAY too seriously and personal, if some side won through simply being better there seems to be no way in hell that there'd be something like a 'good fights,thx [guild name]' on global chat. Rather than that its insults or whining,which is pathetic, no matter how u look at it.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Few months back it was law dominating pvp events and world pvp, now other guilds are the ones able to dominate through sheer numbers. I've attended a big fight in kesh lately which was pretty much ominous vs law+nw+random. In the end ominous won through more members and better focus for crucial targets.

This is like it always went through the years, no matter the name of the big guild or even the game played. This is the way openpvp always turned out. Its the unwillingness or inability of us pvpers to rally people on a schedule instead of doing it spontaneously. Also we rarely ever communicate beforehand to fix a playfield and a max number of players per side for equal chances. What we never lack is excuses why we lost though, if we put some of the creativity used there to set up events we'd be good.

Also most ppl take losses in opvp WAY too seriously and personal, if some side won through simply being better there seems to be no way in hell that there'd be something like a 'good fights,thx [guild name]' on global chat. Rather than that its insults or whining,which is pathetic, no matter how u look at it.
    as you are already fan of the noob comic it is only fitting to post this http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=296 as a commentary on open world pvp and number of players > skill
    Retired

Open-World fights can be great, but it's basicly like mini-games. They are often took like PuG PvP. People not on TS together, so fighting 5m away from rezpad to make up for poor cohesion and calling for reinforcement at the first hiccup instead of trying to improve their coordination. I can understand the mechanism, it's pure lazyness. I just can't understand how it has become such an institution.

That's the tragedy with PvP. Even in open-world people play most of the time like they would with PuG in a mini game. Again, inertie and all ...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post

Fury have such problems because with low population you can't gather enough force to farm The Law. In the past, other guilds farm The Law or they communicate with each other and bring alliances to farm The Law. As example, if you see opponent with gun, what you can do? Tell him "drop the gun, because I don't have gun and that's not fair?" or buy gun too? MMO all other big fights and huge amount of people involving into it. You want to be against it, because Edit by Anzu: Cats and unicorns are awesome. and your guild can't find enough members for open pvp.
    Last edited by Anzu; 1st March 2015 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    lotsa weird stuff

Your gun-comparison is pretty off, if you think it through, but i know where you're tryin to get with it.
    In the situation i described law was advertising in guild, friends and global and still didnt get enough people to turn the tide of battle their way,hence they lost (emphasis on they, my easily enrageable friend).

Problem with that is that less than 50% of participants enjoy this kind of uphill battle and either leave the fight early or resort to flaming and accusations when it ends. If a situation like this repeats itself couple of times, mostly 2 things happen:

Whatever guild keeps winning will have an influx of players of the other guilds, further improving their position,simply because players dont like to keep losing. This leads to what vehl described.
    Hackusations, flaming in global and stupid behavior in minis, like not supporting players of 'that' guild, even if it means to lose because of it.

This leads to less overall open pvp over time.

@slith: i thinkthe first half of this one fits, too:
    http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=354
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    As example, if you see opponent with gun, what you can do? Tell him "drop the gun, because I don't have gun and that's not fair?" or buy gun too?
    See this is the problem. What are you seeking ? A good fight or a win ? It's the dominating side that actually has the power to adapt with the most ease to a situation.

So basicly, to continue with the same comparaison, keep the gun if you want but then at least have the decency not to complain about the lack of challenge.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Caving in and releasing too early coupled with sky high ambition plus too aggressive marketing promises.
    Game is actually v good nowadays btw.

It has been quite some time since I've played the game at all, but it's still the MMO I hold most dear and routinely compare with anything else I've played -- which, nothing comes close, at least in hours spent gaming. That said, what I personally feel absolutely killed the game was it's gearing mechanics. This is a game that quite literally forces you to spend almost all of your focus on one character, which leads almost entirely to burning out. It also is a game that restricts new players from joining in a way that almost seems like they are purposefully attempting to cull the potential growth.

When Godslayer came out it was no longer enough that you jump in some raids for gear roulette (that would have been, and is an understandable part of any progression game). The Alternate Advancement system, on top of the Token system is simply too limiting. While nothing is impossible, and there are means to advance of course, a vast majority of new players are simply not able to enjoy the highest end content. Because unless you have a really solid group of friends dedicated to letting you leech, no one wants to play with an Un-AA'ed player, let alone a player that is both Un-AA'ed AND under geared. A simple fix -- in my opinion -- would have been Account Based AA and Tokens. But alas that never happened, and it just perpetuated a very vicious cycle that saw many people I knew from other games simply abandoning this one very early on.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeZoinksYo View Post
    It has been quite some time since I've played the game at all, but it's still the MMO I hold most dear and routinely compare with anything else I've played -- which, nothing comes close, at least in hours spent gaming. That said, what I personally feel absolutely killed the game was it's gearing mechanics. This is a game that quite literally forces you to spend almost all of your focus on one character, which leads almost entirely to burning out. It also is a game that restricts new players from joining in a way that almost seems like they are purposefully attempting to cull the potential growth.

When Godslayer came out it was no longer enough that you jump in some raids for gear roulette (that would have been, and is an understandable part of any progression game). The Alternate Advancement system, on top of the Token system is simply too limiting. While nothing is impossible, and there are means to advance of course, a vast majority of new players are simply not able to enjoy the highest end content. Because unless you have a really solid group of friends dedicated to letting you leech, no one wants to play with an Un-AA'ed player, let alone a player that is both Un-AA'ed AND under geared. A simple fix -- in my opinion -- would have been Account Based AA and Tokens. But alas that never happened, and it just perpetuated a very vicious cycle that saw many people I knew from other games simply abandoning this one very early on.
    I think that was very true when Godslayer first came out, it created a "six man" mentality in most guilds and left out a lot of the player base, because you wanted to run with the BEST SIX you could find, but its not true now, most of the six mans are very very simple and are pugged all the time, most folks can easily gear out 5 or 6 toons without much effort doing Godslayers, pick up some free gear from World boss, Nice Blues from HOC and your ready for most any six man except the UNCHAINED. The grind is not as bad anymore for the factions and its relatively simple to get things done.
    I do agree that T5 is pretty stupid, gear not so hot, and as soon as t6 comes out no one will see the point of going, the same as T3.5.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast