Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Lost connection to server, would you like to play on another"

Default "Lost connection to server, would you like to play on another"

What is going on?
    Is this happening to anyone else?
    Why does this keep happening?

And whatever you do, NEVER CLICK "YES" the client locks up for 5 to 10 minutes. It is faster to say "no" and just relog.

Funcom, what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankzo View Post
    What is going on?
    Is this happening to anyone else?
    Why does this keep happening?

And whatever you do, NEVER CLICK "YES" the client locks up for 5 to 10 minutes. It is faster to say "no" and just relog.

Funcom, what is going on?
    This popup originally came from TSW, where it actually works and re-locates people to another "server". When Funcom ported some of their code back to AoC, it came along too and hasn't ever actually worked properly as far as I know.

It have always worked for me.. It have happened.. once or so and few times on TL, always worked as it "should" for me.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Only "freezes" the game for me when I've lost connection/have extremely high ping anyhow.

This appeared 4 minutes into our Xibaluku speed run, and I was surprised when we all clicked yes and everyone zoned back in, everything was fine, our relic timer was still going, trash had not re-spawned, and bosses that we killed had not returned. Good experience here, assuming it was some sort of recovery process that if had not been there we may have lost the instance.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Rarely works for me, not that I get it too often though.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Clicking no and just reloging worked most of the times fine for me...and I thought well, just another funny bug, annoying, but because it only happens once a while to only one in a group or raid not that gamebreaking.

But, yesterday while looting Thothis chest our whole raid got it at the same time. And we saw that you instantly loose connection to the server, even if you click nothing. 23 ppl clicked no and reloged, the rl did nothing and stood there alone, hand in the chest, so that we can reenter the instance. Unfortunatly staying and clicking nothing does not mean you stay actually online, the instanced closed as if no one was inside, and when we 23 entered again the box was gone, instance was "old", and our rl couldn't see us, and we didn't see him. Luckily there was nothing very important left in the box, but if it were we would have ben srewed, because GMs "can" not renew loot of a crashed instance.

I had that bug in Scorpions' Cave: unchained at the start of the instance. I could not reconnect for a minute afterwards.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

This is my daily routine now - everything stop, my "lag-o-meter" go up to max and soon after I get this message. Clicking YES = freeze of AoC = I need to kill it in task manager and start it again. Clicking NO = back in logging screen.

So I just click NO and I am back in game in less then 30 sec. But its very annoying thing and a group/raid wiper if you are given some important task during this "feature"
    Kejml aka Lordgraa - ToS legend from Blackscar server and Thoth Amon`s best friend =o)

Quote Originally Posted by Kejml View Post
    This is my daily routine now - everything stop, my "lag-o-meter" go up to max and soon after I get this message. Clicking YES = freeze of AoC = I need to kill it in task manager and start it again.
    Same problem here. Fun Fact: last time it happened I was queued up for a mini (but still not enough signed for it to start) and when I got back on after killing the session in the task manager, I had coward shame on me and indemnity buff gone and kill streak quest back to square one. I guess I got Funcommed

From now on I’ll click only "No"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast