Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ingame latency

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonus View Post
    I bought subs in vpn and i had same latency issues after the latest patch.All year i had 160-220 latency with my ISP. After latest patch i get 160-660 lat (spikes for 2 sec) and then back to 160. I tried with US ISP Europe isps but same problem so dont waste time and money to isp services. I am located in Greece.Game is unplayable with these isues and i think is funcoms issue not ISP.
    You either have local issues on your line or the VPN wasn't properly set up. There'll be always be an occasional server-side spike though. Those happened with EU servers too.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

VPN speeds are more about the encryption, authentication and handshake settings when it comes to speeds. If you only use encryption on the handshake, and no encryption or authentication, the speeds and pings are very good. Some more to read about settings on this site: https://www.privateinternetaccess.co...vpn-encryption

After reading this thread i tried some stuff, too and could decrease my ping to nearly its "normal" values.
    Just check your hop-count with and without vpn and you'll see where the whole prob is.
    However I'm still antagonizing the thought to pay for VPN just cause servers where moved to the land of unlimited surveillance eerrr freedom.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

My ping goes miraculously back to 64 bytes from 37.18.193.24: seq=7 ttl=51 time=135.601 ms. No ISP changes, no Hardware changes on my side and no VPN in use.
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quistan View Post
    My ping goes miraculously back to 64 bytes from 37.18.193.24: seq=7 ttl=51 time=135.601 ms. No ISP changes, no Hardware changes on my side and no VPN in use.
    That's typical, the Internet is an ever evolving maze of cables and routers and nodes and providers etc, ISPs are adjusting the routing constantly. So issues like this come and go. But obviously providers make an extra effort for businesses (VPNs being among them for obvious reasons) so those are likely to not be affected or at least much less. I have exactly the same provider at work and at home (and I live 1km from work), but I get completely different routing simply because: business offer vs consumer offer.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Same at my place, ping reduced from ~250 to ~160 since 3 days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123