Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any aggro issue since last update?

Default Any aggro issue since last update?

Hello guys!

I have noticed a loss of aggro since last patch. I wanted to know if you encounter the same issue, or maybe I'm just dreaming or playing like **** I don't know.

I'm doing 1k + dps and a guard with 380dps holds aggro on me, in addition most good dps-ers (especially demos, which never happened before) grab aggro quite easily.

Then I tried different things, like a very offensive build dealing 1k2-1k3 dps with 13% hate; and another one, more defensive with 17% hate. Same bad results...

I'm lost. I used to be pretty good at tanking but it seems like I'm missing something.

it is normal, guard has very good initial aggro with 50%+ hate even with 300 dps
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Funcom just love guards and have OP gear for them

Well, I'm glad that guards are aggro whores. Anything that can help my raid is a good thing.

However, I also have a very powerful initial aggro: about 60% hate, 1500dps and three taunts in the first ten seconds of a fight. That's what I use when I want to (can) lock aggro.
    And it is exactly what I did on vistrix T1 (thanks achievements for bringing me back there). But the turkey would never see me as the number one threat. We did 3 tries and the guard always kept the aggro with less than 400 dps.

That's one story but I have a lot more. The annoying thing is that my dpsers often grab aggro now. QQ

If more people tell me this is normal, I think I will have to deal with it, but it wasn't like that a few weeks ago.

Forgot defensive stance? Lumbering hulk? Could also be bad luck with group setup. There has not been any changes afaik and the Conquerors in our raids have not been vocal about any agro issues either.

I had the exact same impression. Thought it was just me / my playstyle (maybe it is). Maybe it's a placebo though! ;D

Agro whore is DT , so don't make me laugh.

Well that depends on the fights. Low protection fights, absolutely. But on Thoth Amon, Imp, fights like those, the Guard and Conqueror can lock or hold just as high, and higher agro level than DT.

Guardians also have very high initial agro if using Stall the Advance, and then using Hateful Strikes on Shield Slam cooldowns after StA wears off.

Some Guardians are just better than others, but how DPS suddenly grabs agro off you easily, got no explanation for that.

Ok guys, I have some news.

It seems that everything is back to normal for me tonight.
    However, several dpsers in the raid had to relog because their dps was just broken. They couldn't kill the buffer add at Vistrix T5. After login out and back in "naked", everything ran smoother as usual.
    Another thing, one of my conq friend told me that after respeccing a few times, improved defensive stance wasn't taken into account anymore, unless he logs out.
    Same for a DT, whose armor went from 56ish to 57ish for no reason just by opening/closing the stats tab.

I don't know what's going on, but I can tell you one thing: there is definitely something wrong in the game right now.

Edit: "defensive stance", not "dance stance"
    Last edited by MisterClean; 17th February 2015 at 05:14.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Ok guys, I have some news.

It seems that everything is back to normal for me tonight.
    However, several dpsers in the raid had to relog because their dps was just broken. They couldn't kill the buffer add at Vistrix T5. After login out and back in "naked", everything ran smoother as usual.
    Another thing, one of my conq friend told me that after respeccing a few times, improved dance stance wasn't taken into account anymore, unless he logs out.
    Same for a DT, whose armor went from 56ish to 57ish for no reason just by opening/closing the stats tab.

I don't know what's going on, but I can tell you one thing: there is definitely something wrong in the game right now.
    I notice That I have to re-equip my AA's almost every time I log in since the patch, that might be a factor in your agro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast