Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Builds, Gear & where to go from here....

Fury of the Underworld >anything else to go down the tree unless you are looking to aoe stuff with chained Shockstrike.

Also i d urge you to play without ring of **** and waves of lame for a bit of time.It's way overrated and it quite limits you while builds without it produce even if not better results single target as you go towards end game gear.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Fury of the Underworld >anything else to go down the tree unless you are looking to aoe stuff with chained Shockstrike.
    Yes, because for PvE you don't need either Splash / AoE damage on Shockstrike (most of the times at least..), or extra range on Shock or Shockstrike.
    But to be honest that spell itself adds really low damage for 5 points..

I remember some extensive test from one guildie about pet feats, and in the end Fury of the Underworld is quite crap.

But again, nothing better to go down the tree for PvE, it's true..
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 23rd February 2015 at 12:58.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Also i d urge you to play without ring of **** and waves of lame for a bit of time.It's way overrated and it quite limits you while builds without it produce even if not better results single target as you go towards end game gear.
    I would really like to see one of these builds, and what gear you consider necessary to surpass a Waves of Flame build in DPS.

It may be that a wave of Flame build is considered 'lame' by some, justified or not.
    It is certainly good advice to also practice ranged DPS for when staying within 8 meters of your target is not an option.

But if you claim that a Wave of Flame build (assuming Ring of Fire Rank 5) does not produce the best DPS when you can (or even have to) stay in melee range then the burden of proof is on you. Not only is it the spell with the best base damage, it also has the best spell coefficients as well. An unpleasant truth does not beome any less true only because we choose to deny it.

Really? I can easily reach 1900-2000 dps over a 2 min parse on a single straw man with my build that includes WoF in its rotation. That is without a ToS in my group giving me mana or anyone else buffing, just me, myself and I.

If you can do better with a build/rotation that doesn't include WoF then I an very keen to see it - I rather enjoy established norms/practices being challenged.

It is not the biggest difference, a geared demo with max aa, and star alignments (not having issue with demonic payment + sw damages and mana drainage), can parse around 2200 with WoF build and 2000 without. This has been debated before to oblivion so it's better to read up on the demo builds thread or the parse thread on TL.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    I would really like to see one of these builds, and what gear you consider necessary to surpass a Waves of Flame build in DPS.

It may be that a wave of Flame build is considered 'lame' by some, justified or not.
    It is certainly good advice to also practice ranged DPS for when staying within 8 meters of your target is not an option.

But if you claim that a Wave of Flame build (assuming Ring of Fire Rank 5) does not produce the best DPS when you can (or even have to) stay in melee range then the burden of proof is on you. Not only is it the spell with the best base damage, it also has the best spell coefficients as well. An unpleasant truth does not beome any less true only because we choose to deny it.
    http://goo.gl/WepXLu

A build like this with T4 gear and FoG rotation can provide single target DPS pretty close (almost identical in raid situations) to a WoF build / rotation.

Unfortunately I don't have T5 gear, but probably with new Finesse Hits that build with the correct rotation can provide the same or even slightly higher DPS than WoF build / Feat.

I see what Shink wrote really possible.
    He talked about end game gear, that is T5 right now.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 23rd February 2015 at 16:27.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Overromantic adoring to wof came when entity fight was released, and almost every demo lost over half of their dps. One-button miracle stopped working and it's not possible to dps without it :P. That's something that haven't been solved yet, maybe increase cone range to 25 meters or bring pads closer to entity. speaking of coefficiences, i think wof rank 1 has best one (unless they fixed it :P).
    Malystrie, barb pvp 0,66 lvl
    Rinloth, pom (minigames lost 0)

Thanks for all the insights guys n gals tis appreciated

Although I didnt want to start a wof war heehee!

With all this conflag talk going on should I just be dropping my Havoc spec for raids & go with the (will adjust) one I posted?
    The Havoc one Is pretty impressive in BRC an all those multi minion style places but im taking that changes in later raids for more single target if anything?

Then I can play around with my spare spec an all this wof/binding info.
    Last edited by Rhyxx; 23rd February 2015 at 17:28.

Build is almost identical with what Korando posted,one point here and there ,doesn't change much.

Use Caco+Bindings ,t4 gear works fine.Less gear works fine too but gets very challenging on mana.

"Rotation" should be pretty obvious.Wof build for me is "bad"(not denying it's effective,i do have one specced) for 3 reasons:The moment something goes out of 8m range most demos lose half their dps by breaking SW or just get lost out of the usual rotation.Secondly people tend to neglect/underestimate instant casts with the excuse they are mana consuming and let full 5s WoF run,that's loss of dps 50% of the times.Last half the demos i see in pve cannot burst damage properly unless they get crit buff +wof(add the 8 m limitation in here),now that's is just sad.

A suggestion, then, Shink:

Instead of saying 'You are all doing it wrong' why not share how it is done properly?

How is a demo supposed to burst damage properly?
    Are you suggesting to break off WoF before it has run its full course?
    etc.

This may all seem trivial to you, but if half the demos are doing it wrong maybe it is not as obvious?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast